Singing in the Dining Room

spencercoop

The songs have been the same on every ship we've been on. Everyone ends with the Leaving Our Fun Ship song you noted, they all sang O Sole Mio, they all did a conga line to Buster Poindexter's Hot Hot Hot. I can't think of the others off the top of my head but the routine seems to be the same. The only difference being that shorter cruises will have fewer songs than the longer cruises. Now.... that's not a difinitive answer, set in stone, it's just my observation from the six Carnival cruises we've been on.

I had to mention that on the Valor, April 12th sailing this past year, they only sang in the dining room once! They did the o'sol amio(sp?) song and that was it. We did do the conga line thing. And they danced one night also. I wanted my first time cruiser friends to hear the good-bye song, but they didn't do it! :(

I had to mention that on the Valor, April 12th sailing this past year, they only sang in the dining room once! They did the o'sol amio(sp?) song and that was it. We did do the conga line thing. And they danced one night also. I wanted my first time cruiser friends to hear the good-bye song, but they didn't do it! :(

Wow that is surprising. On every cruise I have been on, they have done the Leaving on a Fun Ship song.

The songs have been the same on every ship we've been on. Everyone ends with the Leaving Our Fun Ship song you noted, they all sang O Sole Mio, they all did a conga line to Buster Poindexter's Hot Hot Hot. I can't think of the others off the top of my head but the routine seems to be the same. The only difference being that shorter cruises will have fewer songs than the longer cruises. Now.... that's not a difinitive answer, set in stone, it's just my observation from the six Carnival cruises we've been on.

Hmmm...Same for the Glory last month. I guess it makes sense that they would do the same songs fleetwide, since the dining room staff are all under different lengths of contracts, and possibly move from ship to ship.

I know I woudn't want to be responsible for teaching someone a new routine everytime a new server came on board.:eek:

On our 5 night one of the staff got up on a crate and was shakin' his groove thang!!:D That was really funny. BUT...I wish their song and dance was reserved to just a couple nights and not every night. It makes the servers rush too much to get things done before they have to do it, if you have first seating...IMO.

Hmmm...Same for the Glory last month. I guess it makes sense that they would do the same songs fleetwide, since the dining room staff are all under different lengths of contracts, and possibly move from ship to ship.

I know I woudn't want to be responsible for teaching someone a new routine everytime a new server came on board.:eek:

That would make sence, but they would still have to teach new songs to people. If a waiter starts on a ship that runs 4 and 5 day cruises and then goes to a ship that runs 7 day cruises, they would still have to teach that waiter the new songs.

And don't forget . . . .

Hey, Baby (Ooo, Ahh!)

I wanna know

If you'll be my girl

This is our favorite song, we get up and dance like fools:).My friend Floatie loves it so much,she found out they would be singing it the night we were in the supper club and left dinner to go down to hear it. One of my very favorite cruise photos is of her swinging her napkin around in the air during the Italian song.I know some people dont like it, but I cant help myself:D

Had a super fast waiter on the Spirit, out of dining room by 7 every night. I am one who does not care for the singing and dancing, so was very happy waiter so fast, and very very good. Best I have had.

Had a super fast waiter on the Spirit, out of dining room by 7 every night. I am one who does not care for the singing and dancing, so was very happy waiter so fast, and very very good. Best I have had.

Hey was your southbound Alaska cruise. I will be taking a southbound alaska cruise in less than 2 weeks.

I did not like that singing and dancing by waiters on the one Carnival cruise I was on. It seemed to demean the waiters and make them look and feel like trained monkeys. It was an elegant meal interrupted by what I thought of as a circus atmosphere. I was embarrassed for them. The service suffered because of it. JMHO so no flames, please. :)

Archived