Freedom 6/7 Review w/ pics

Kim4

Wait got one more question about the ship? Can a 14 year old use the H20 Zone with the mini lazy river and the colorful things? :)

OK, the pics should be there now.

I saw many big kids in the H20 Zone, so I"d say yes, but I don't know for sure.

Hello! Great review.

Just wondering the tender in Hati looks small. I havn't been on a cruise before but it looks really dangerous and small. Is it safe?

Thanks!

They probably hold 300 people each and I have been very comfortable on both times. One of the better tendering operations.

My husband and I were on the same cruise and our photos did not turn out nearly as well as yours. Would you happen to have them stored in an online photo album (like Snapfish) that I could get copies of some of your photos? Not the family shots - just the pictures of the ship and islands.

Thanks!

Nancy from Deck 9 on FOS

My husband and I were on the same cruise and our photos did not turn out nearly as well as yours. Would you happen to have them stored in an online photo album (like Snapfish) that I could get copies of some of your photos? Not the family shots - just the pictures of the ship and islands.

Thanks!

Nancy from Deck 9 on FOS

Sure, here is the link to the Photobucket album:

http://s973.photobucket.com/albums/ae219/funcruiser96/

If you see a pic that you like, click on it, then right click on that image to save it to your computer.

Here is a shot from the place we ate lunch on Grand Cayman. We snorkeled in the afternoon and, since I figured there wouldn't be a place to secure our belongings on the snorkel boat, I didn't bring much cash. We stopped at a little open diner that had just a roof over some picnic tables. The kitchen was in view from the counter you order & pick up from. We got one order of jerk chicken to share and it turned out to be plenty for us both. We thought it was pretty funny, though, that there were young chickens pecking around our feet while we ate their older cousins!

Here's a photo of the Dragon's Head on Labadee. We took the Historical Walking Tour and this was the last stop. At the top of the rock formation, there is a lookout area and if you listen, you can hear the Dragon's breath - the water makes a noise that sounds like someone breathing as it goes in and out of the rocks. Very cool!

And a photo of Haiti from the ship.

Love the pictures~

We are sailing the Freedom on the Eastern in August, having sailed her inaugural year, we wanted to come back!

Love the ship! We were on the November that they had the big NOROVIRUS problem. My husband was sick for 2 days.

But we love to cruise!

On that cruise, we did the Western, and loved it, but we wanted more sea days, so we switched to the Eastern this time.

On that cruise, during a day at sea, they had a game for everyone who wanted to join. It was called the AMAZING RACE and was so much fun. They gave each team a clue. Everyone got the same clues, but in different order, so no one was running to the same place together. We ran and ran and ran (the whole group had to stay together, no one could run ahead). Anyway, we came in first place, and my daughter keeps bugging me to see if they still have it.

We also place FAMILY FEUD in one of the lounges~ lots of fun, a bit embarrassing, but since all the families had to do the same thing, no one stood out ! LOL

Do you know if they have the games? Perhaps you saved the daily sheets to see if they had them.

Thanks!
Margaret

[quote name='MCazer']Love the pictures~

We are sailing the Freedom on the Eastern in August, having sailed her inaugural year, we wanted to come back!

Love the ship! We were on the November that they had the big NOROVIRUS problem. My husband was sick for 2 days.

But we love to cruise!

On that cruise, we did the Western, and loved it, but we wanted more sea days, so we switched to the Eastern this time.

On that cruise, during a day at sea, they had a game for everyone who wanted to join. It was called the AMAZING RACE and was so much fun. They gave each team a clue. Everyone got the same clues, but in different order, so no one was running to the same place together. We ran and ran and ran (the whole group had to stay together, no one could run ahead). Anyway, we came in first place, and my daughter keeps bugging me to see if they still have it.

We also place FAMILY FEUD in one of the lounges~ lots of fun, a bit embarrassing, but since all the families had to do the same thing, no one stood out ! LOL

Do you know if they have the games? Perhaps you saved the daily sheets to see if they had them.

Thanks!
Margaret[/quote]

I saved my Daily Compass sheets. I can scan them at home and e-mail them to you if you like so you can see what we did.

Nancy

Hi Kim

Great review, we are going on the Western Caribbean on Liberty with a 2 year old!

Can I ask you about the Passion Island tour? On the RCI website it says you get there by Catamaran, when you got a ferry, did the internary change?

Did your 2 year old like Passion Island?

Kirsty

[quote name='Kim4']I do not remember seeing any jetskis for rent there. So, I'm saying no. And, drinks were included in the price -- including sodas, rum punches and magaritas, but some upgrade drinks were extra.

Edited to add: The reason that I said that upgrade drinks were extra is because someone in front of me ordered a specialty drink -- a foo foo drink -- and paid for it. But, now that I think about it, he may have just been tipping the bartender a little extra because of the specialty drink. I can't quite remember what the drink was[/quote]

[quote name='momof2furkids']I saved my Daily Compass sheets. I can scan them at home and e-mail them to you if you like so you can see what we did.

Nancy[/quote]

Nancy, I would love that! My email address is ([EMAIL="MCazer@XXXaol.com"]MCazer@XXXaol.com[/EMAIL]) just remove the XXX from it. I don't want a link directly to my email.

Thanks!

[quote name='momof2furkids']I saved my Daily Compass sheets. I can scan them at home and e-mail them to you if you like so you can see what we did.

Nancy[/quote]

Could you possibly send me the compasses also? I would appreciate it so much. We leave August 2 and I am so excited. Thank you so much. My email address is [EMAIL="BTSEN5@XXXcox.net"]BTSEN5@XXXcox.net[/EMAIL]. Remove the X's like the previous poster. :)

Thanks again.

Archived