Airlines to Copenhagen or Europe

greyhound101

Anyone know which airlines Azamara uses from the US into Copenhagne or Europe. Just curious to know thanks.

Art Fenster

afenster2@cox.net

Leaving June 6th, 2010 Journey out of Copenhagen to the Baltic.

The short answer is that they try to find the cheapest fare they can. My guess is that it would a Star Alliance airline, as SAS is a *A partner and CPH is an SAS hub. It could be any airline though, depending on prices, availability, your gateway city, etc.

Last year, my partner and I went out of Copenhagen on the Journey Baltic cruise. We decided to let Azamara handle our airline. NEVER AGAIN!! They took us from IAD to Charles de Gaulle and only gave us 60 minutes to change planes. We had to go thru 3 security checks, signage was useless, and the distance to cover was completely unreasonable. We are both young and in shape ... we literally ran, full-out nearly the entire way. We were late to the gate by 10 minutes, but luckily they were holding the plane. We were sweaty and stressed!

The return was not much better. CPH to Heathrow to IAD. In London we must've ridden a bus around the airport for 30 minutes. Then we had to walk for at least another 20 to reach our gate. Again, a close call.

This August we are taking Journey out of Copenhagen again (headed for the Brit Isles). We made our own airline reservations: IAD to CPH direct there and back. And at a great price.

Lesson learned. Best of luck to you. Hope you make it to the ship on time.

We signed up for the 30 Jun 09 Journey out of Copenhagen when they had their sale 3 Jun 09. The great price for a 1A veranda GTY (we actually got an SV veranda) included unidentified air [in our case out of Washington Dulles (IAD)]. I had done Cruise Air once before and said never again, but under these circumstances there I was again. I was dreading getting the flights; we ended up on British Air thru Heathrow to CPH, and returning non-stop on SAS. I have made BA connections in LHR before and they really made things difficult, and they had terrible baggage problems when they were opening Terminal 5 [last year?]. I checked with my neighbor who often fllies BWI-CPH and his preferred carrier is BA [no nonstops BWI-CPH] and he says LHR Terminal 5 is working quite well now. So I am cautiously optimistist about this last minute assignment. IF things DON'T work out I'll come back and post.

I basically agree with posts above. If at all reasonable do your own air or Custom Air and maintain control of your carrier and routings. I have done my own arrangements where I beat the Cruise Air price by hundreds of dollars, even considering transfer costs. Note also that often their cheapest prices [eg TBDs] will not allow Cruise Air. But sometimes (especially at the last minute) you can't come near their locked in contract price.

Last year, my partner and I went out of Copenhagen on the Journey Baltic cruise. We decided to let Azamara handle our airline. NEVER AGAIN!! They took us from IAD to Charles de Gaulle and only gave us 60 minutes to change planes. We had to go thru 3 security checks, signage was useless, and the distance to cover was completely unreasonable. We are both young and in shape ... we literally ran, full-out nearly the entire way. We were late to the gate by 10 minutes, but luckily they were holding the plane. We were sweaty and stressed!

The return was not much better. CPH to Heathrow to IAD. In London we must've ridden a bus around the airport for 30 minutes. Then we had to walk for at least another 20 to reach our gate. Again, a close call.

This August we are taking Journey out of Copenhagen again (headed for the Brit Isles). We made our own airline reservations: IAD to CPH direct there and back. And at a great price.

Lesson learned. Best of luck to you. Hope you make it to the ship on time.

We too are going on the Journey out of Copenhagen in August for a British Isles Cruise. We decided to do our own air after several mishaps over the years with not enough time to get from one plane to the next and actually missing flights. Nightmare!!!! We are flying from Las Vegas to Chicago on United, then direct from Chicago to Copenhagen on SAS. Coming home, we go from CPH to Dulles, then on home to Vegas. Maybe we're on the same cruise Kerbie!!! August 17th???

Lori

Archived