Cat 11 / 12 - Priority Debarkation?

MrPete

When I inquired at the pursers desk about priority debarkation for Skippers Club people, they said that customs prevents them from doing that, and that customs decides which colors are called... not sure if that is the case or not. I asked because I received NO perks @ embarkation... just went on with the masses. No complaints though, it was a great cruise! (we must have been about the 10th color tag called when getting off...:rolleyes: )

I think, in reality, Carnival does have some control over that - as I recall, people staying in the "owners suite" (S-1 and S-2) on the Fantasy class vessels DO HAVE priority debarkation. No telling...

Tom

When I inquired at the pursers desk about priority debarkation for Skippers Club people, they said that customs prevents them from doing that, and that customs decides which colors are called... not sure if that is the case or not. I asked because I received NO perks @ embarkation... just went on with the masses. No complaints though, it was a great cruise! (we must have been about the 10th color tag called when getting off...:rolleyes: )

I think, in reality, Carnival does have some control over that - as I recall, people staying in the "owners suite" (S-1 and S-2) on the Fantasy class vessels DO HAVE priority debarkation. No telling...

Tom

Personally I think that is a bunch of hogwash on Carnival's part. On the Navigator of the Seas last week, we had delivered to our cabin the night before a list of the color tags and what time to expect them to be called and they were right on the money.

I agree with you cruisingator2 they know exactly what colors are going and in what order... they just don't want to tell you.

Personally I think all cruise lines should be like Disney when it comes to debarkation... can't get better than that and I am not sure exactlly how they are able to pull it off where the others can't, but on Disney the colors for your tags are based on your deck. The luggage is brought into a giant room in the terminal and seperated not only by color, but numerically by room number. All luggage is avalaible as soon as the ship is cleared by customs. You go to breakfast and then just leave...there are no colors called, no waiting around. After you eat you just walk off the ship, find your color, find your luggage and off you go through customs and on your way.

That is definetly one feature I wish all cruise lines could adopt. When we sailed Carnival in a Cat 11 we waited what seemed like forever for our color to be called. That to me is the worst part about the cruise. We live locally so we are always the last color to go, since we drive ourselves...

In May we were in a cat 12 on the Elation. The day before disembarkation, they delivered new colored luggage tags to us - they were the same color used for the Verandah deck cabins (11s and 4Es). We were in the first group called off the ship. I also noticed that all color tags were free to grab except for the ones they gave us (orange). You had to wait in line at the Purser's desk to get additional orange tags.

Just curious...

On all of our CCL cruises, they have NEVER checked our ID (S&S) while leaving the ship... so... If we simply left with the first called tags - what would happen if (assuming it was not actually YOUR color called) you then went to the area your luggage was and started looking for it?

This may stand out since you would be the only one in that area... they likely would NOT march you back on the ship.. perhaps wait off to the side... or, more realistically, simply let it happen???

any thoughts on this???

Tom

We often cruise Holland America and they call the suite passengers and those with very early flight departures first.

We were off the ship and driving away from the pier by 8:45am at the end of our Volendam Cruise the other day.

We always dread debarkation on Carnival. It's nuts that they don't take some information from the passengers about their post cruise travel arrangements then stage the debarkation accordingly. All it would take is a simple questionaire on board. Or, they could take it from the funpass information already in their computer.

Just off the Miracle in November, I asked the same question at the Pursers desk and was told suite guests don't get priority,if they did that they would have problems with everyone else.We had a cat 11 and did self assist to get off the ship first and we were off and in the car by 8am.I believe Carnival needs to do more for it's suite guests,I will book with Princess,Holland America or Celebrity when I book a suite again.

"I think, in reality, Carnival does have some control over that - as I recall, people staying in the "owners suite" (S-1 and S-2) on the Fantasy class vessels DO HAVE priority debarkation. No telling..."

We were in S-2 on the Inspiration, and we were told to keep our luggage instead of putting it out the night before. They called us around 9 am, sent someone up to fetch our luggage and walked us off the ship. Waved through by customs.

Next cruise we were in Cat 12, put the luggage out the night before, and were probably the last ones off the ship.

I was on the SPIRIT in November and was in a suite and yes, I was given VIP tags and we were able to get off the ship with early flight people and suite VIP passengers. I have been on other Carnival ships in a suite and sometimes they issue VIP tags and other times they did not. It seems random to me!:confused: From what I was told you are soppose to get priority debarkation if you are booked in a suite. Early on and early off, the only suite perks!:eek:

Archived