Difference between Carnival Inspiration and Destiny Ships

Tggrtoes

Hi everyone - per my previous thread about babysitting aboard RCL and Disney, I think we are now considering a carnival cruise this year and booking a category #12 suite and saving up money to do a great Disney cruise in a year or two when DS is older (he's almost 2 now) and will enjoy it more and remember.

Anyway, does anyone have any info / thoughts on differences between Destiny and Inspiration ships? Does it really matter? They seem to be in a different "class" - one is a fun ship and the other is something else. My knowledge of Carnival is so minimal that I don't know the difference.

Thanks!

Hi everyone - per my previous thread about babysitting aboard RCL and Disney, I think we are now considering a carnival cruise this year and booking a category #12 suite and saving up money to do a great Disney cruise in a year or two when DS is older (he's almost 2 now) and will enjoy it more and remember.

Anyway, does anyone have any info / thoughts on differences between Destiny and Inspiration ships? Does it really matter? They seem to be in a different "class" - one is a fun ship and the other is something else. My knowledge of Carnival is so minimal that I don't know the difference.

Thanks!

I'm assuming he'll be "almost" 2 when you sail. If it was my pick in this situation I'd go with the inspiration. I haven't sailed on either but from the deck plans it looks like the destiny has about the same things as the victory and triumph I have been on. The carnival site shows a water works type area that I'm sure he'd have a blast in. I don't know if he's potty trained and if there's a pool/area for diapered babies on this ship. Maybe someone else will be able to help with that.

Whoops - I think it was a Fantasy class instead of "fun" ship (can you tell I know almost NOTHING about Carnival? lol) I'm a little leery of them after seeing cruisin mama's recent reviews, but think it's worth a gamble to get the free childcare. With a 2 year old, you can't have everything. :)

Not sure if we'll be potty trained by then, but I've definitely thought it would be helpful cuz I DID see those posts. We're considering going in October and he turns two in August, so there's hope. :)

I did brave going over to the Carnival boards and have gotten a bit more info, although it seems there's not TONS of differences. Destiny has the movie under the stars, Inspiration has the water works (which I think DH and I would actually like even if DS isn't potty trained). Inspiration is also a bit cheaper, so we may

Honestly, if I had a choice between those two, I would probably pick the Inspiration for the Water Works alone. Yes, Inspiration is an older ship. But with a 2 year old, there is not much you can do with a 3 story tall twister slide - so go for the ship with the water works - that would be Inspiration. :D

I had an 18mth old and a 2.5 yr old on the inspiration last fall and they loved it. The refurbishment was nicely done and the waterworks area is lots of fun. They also enjoyed the mini golf while dad jogged around us.

Thanks everyone!!!! You're the best! :D

As a side note, I did find out that the rooms are smaller on the Inspiration versus the Destiny. A category #12 on Inspiration is about the same size as a Category # 11 on Destiny... both of which are about the same size as the mini suite we usually get on Princess.

I sure wish there was some standardization on these cruise lines (and at least within one line!)... makes comparing so much more difficult. But you guys are really helping me get there!

I sure wish there was some standardization on these cruise lines (and at least within one line!)... makes comparing so much more difficult. But you guys are really helping me get there!

I wish they would have been more sensible when constructing their ships and had all the rooms the same size from ship to ship. It'd make things alot easier when trying to compare apples to apples. And anytime you have a question feel free to ask! That's what the sensible ones over on the family board are here for. :D:D

Exactly Brian... oh and you are DH's hero... he's all excited about wearing jeans to dinner! :D

WOOOOHOOOO I'm a hero!!!! LOL I know I like to do what's comfy to me. Just make sure they aren't holey and he'll be fine. Unless the fashion police come to haul him away! lol

Archived