Most amt of $ you've paid/would pay for 7 day balcony

The last two cruises we were on, were 12 day. The cruise we took in 2003 we were given a two category upgrade to an AFT balcony. We did pay $650.00 p/p extra when we were on our cruise to Europe. I upgraded to a balcony from an outside. Was it worth it, you bet, as we were on the Rivera deck and I knew from reading the board that it was very noisy down there when they docked the ship.

On this cruise to Alaska in August we got a great deal. Since we booked so lat; we have a Panorama extended balcony for "only" $950.00 p/p. That is probably the best deal we have ever received, if you can call it a deal.

No one else wants to say how much they'll pay for a balcony?

I guess if a thread has no fighting it dies right off. :confused:

I dont know how much i WOULD pay, but I will tell you what I did pay.

I am going on my first cruise next month for my honeymoon. My fiance and I were looking to go somewhere in the states as we have never been (we are from Canada). We were looking at places like Chicago, Seattle etc.

I found the Western Caribbean Carnival cruise and it was going to cost us the same price as it would to go to any of these cities (booked 3 weeks ago).

This is my very first cruise, so I dont know if I got a good deal, or ripped off or anything like that. I found this site after so it will help me for cruises later on :D

We got an OV room for $729pp. Yesterday we got a call that we can upgrade to a Balcony for $70pp so we did it. It sounds like we got a decent deal for the upgrade....but may have paid more than most for the room to begin with. It's my Honeymoon and the money was raised for us so it is nothing out of our pockets :rolleyes:

I dont know how much i WOULD pay, but I will tell you what I did pay.

I am going on my first cruise next month for my honeymoon. My fiance and I were looking to go somewhere in the states as we have never been (we are from Canada). We were looking at places like Chicago, Seattle etc.

I found the Western Caribbean Carnival cruise and it was going to cost us the same price as it would to go to any of these cities (booked 3 weeks ago).

This is my very first cruise, so I dont know if I got a good deal, or ripped off or anything like that. I found this site after so it will help me for cruises later on :D

We got an OV room for $729pp. Yesterday we got a call that we can upgrade to a Balcony for $70pp so we did it. It sounds like we got a decent deal for the upgrade....but may have paid more than most for the room to begin with. It's my Honeymoon and the money was raised for us so it is nothing out of our pockets :rolleyes:

Congratulations, honey!

Ok, confession, I calculated we are paying approximately $700 but this is for a suite. There were various points that motivated Dan to do this, like having a bath, easier with a baby, the balcony and I guess an element of the romance of a little extra luxury. I personally think he's gone over the top but this being said we have had very budget holidays in the past too, including yes the interior cabin. The most basic is fine if you are young, don't care and want to party and go sightseeing. I love travelling so before the little one arrived I would have gone somewhere even on a strict budget but I now I guess there are some commodities that really need to be there. Like some of you, in our current circumstances, I would say, yes, if things were to be very hard in terms of the baby, I would wait and save for longer.
I meant to say about $700 extra, sorry.

I was going to ask how I can get in on THAT deal! :eek:

My wife is the conservative one in our marriage, good thing one of is;) But after a couple of good deals that got us a balcony she doesn't even ask if its a balcony when I book the cruise but what category.

So now when we cruise, Its itinerary, ship, and price of a balcony when we book, in that order.

I guess to answer your Question we are booked on the Oasis B1 balcony $1129 pp, the most I have ever payed for a balcony.

We didn't know there was anything but a balcony:D. For 7 day cruise we pay anywhere from $529 to $850 ea for a balcony all depends on itinerary and ship. We have done well with balcony prices. Now we got on a 9A kick and they are around $950 ea when we find one. Good thing is we can go anytime and don't matter about itinerary we have been almost every where that we wanted to go.

On this cruise to Alaska in August we got a great deal. Since we booked so lat; we have a Panorama extended balcony for "only" $950.00 p/p. That is probably the best deal we have ever received, if you can call it a deal.

That's a great deal!!!

I guess to answer your Question we are booked on the Oasis B1 balcony $1129 pp, the most I have ever payed for a balcony.

We paid that much for a regular balcony cabin on the Victory in 2003...........for the Oasis I would say that's a great deal.......

My wife truly loves having a balcony cabin. So it is well worth the extra money to me. It's about $350 more per-person for a balcony cabin over an iterior. If it was more than the est. $700 for the balcony, I would gladly pay it to make her happy. It would simply mean that I would be working a few more over-times at work to pay the extra cost.

My wife truly loves having a balcony cabin. So it is well worth the extra money to me. It's about $350 more per-person for a balcony cabin over an iterior. If it was more than the est. $700 for the balcony, I would gladly pay it to make her happy. It would simply mean that I would be working a few more over-times at work to pay the extra cost.

$350 more? My sailing it's more than double the price I paid for an interior. It's got a looooooong ways to go before I'll consider upgrading.

It reminds of the time that I bought tickets to Indonesia from LAX. Got a great deal for $750. When I got to the counter at Cathay Pacific and they "offered" me the opportunity to upgrade to business class for only $800 I about choked laughing. That's more than I paid for my roundtrip ticket. I guess for some, it's worth the price.

We paid that much for a regular balcony cabin on the Victory in 2003...........for the Oasis I would say that's a great deal.......

I can usually sniff out a good deal. My son says I should become a TA. I have family and friends that call me with there travel needs and I usually can find a deal somewhere on the net.

In 03 I found a deal on the Triumph 7 day 389 PP for a suite. I have found airfare from Ohio to FL. under a $100 roundtrip. There are deals it just takes some luck and searching.

I can usually sniff out a good deal. My son says I should become a TA. I have family and friends that call me with there travel needs and I usually can find a deal somewhere on the net.

In 03 I found a deal on the Triumph 7 day 389 PP for a suite. I have found airfare from Ohio to FL. under a $100 roundtrip. There are deals it just takes some luck and searching.

Oh I'm one that gets great deals nowadays........that's why I laugh when people say RCCL and Princess are sooo much more expensive then Carnival lol!

Oh I'm one that gets great deals nowadays........that's why I laugh when people say RCCL and Princess are sooo much more expensive then Carnival lol!

Our last cruise was on Celebrity out of San Juan Easter week . It was cheaper than Carnival and a better intinerary in IMHO. I agree with you Carnival is usually cheaper but not always.

I'm definitely not a member of the "balcony snob" club. My DH won't even consider an inside so for us it is OV or balcony. For us it not even the price. When I cruise with some family members that like balconies we will go for a balcony. Last cruise I wanted to be near my mom so it was OV.

That being said if it is just my DH and myself I'd probably not want to spend more that $150 pp for the balcony. We are out and about folks. I do enjoy sitting on the balcony, reading my book and drinking my DOD while the world passes me by but it is just one small element of my cruise experience.

I think maybe I was fooled by the hoopla. My first two cruises were OVs and I read all the comments about how once you have a balcony you'll never be able to cruise with less, etc. I actually thought that would happen to me.. and that my first balcony cruise was going to the BEST and so much better than the OV cruises. I was just very glad that I had not paid hundreds of extra dollars for the balcony. Nice but definitely not a deal breaker.

Ok, first things first, we paid 909 pp for a balcony on the Splendor last May. Was it worth it? as we were celebrating our 15th anniversary, yes, but I would not hesitate booking any cheaper cabins.

We are figuring how to best balance our vacation dollars. Go nicer or downgrade and go more often. I guess it depends on your bank account and how much free time you have to cruise. I would prefer cruising more often with a cheaper cabin and save the balcony for special occasions and special locations.

Archived