volendam cabin choice

pagalandguy

We've selected cabin 7031 on the Volendam for an Alaska inside passage cruise. This our first Holland America cruise and our first vacation in years so we decided to pamper ourselves with a deluxe veranda suite. We are so excited! Now I have some small concerns about being close to the mid ship elevators and beneath the Lido pool area as far as noise/balcony privacy? Has anyone stayed in this area and can share?

We've selected cabin 7031 on the Volendam for an Alaska inside passage cruise. This our first Holland America cruise and our first vacation in years so we decided to pamper ourselves with a deluxe veranda suite. We are so excited! Now I have some small concerns about being close to the mid ship elevators and beneath the Lido pool area as far as noise/balcony privacy? Has anyone stayed in this area and can share?

We were in a deluxe veranda suite on the Maasdam on a 14 day cruise. It was mid ship. Honestly the quietest cruise ever. Not even a sound from the hallway. We actually spent most of our time relaxing on the balcony. We did bring an iPod/speakers. No need for binoculars they are supplied, and the best part of all free laundry and dry cleaning service.

Hello,

I have been on that deck on that ship and if not in that cabin, near it. There is not much traffic at all on that deck..it's pretty quiet. I did not experience any noise or disturbance from any other deck or area.

You will enjoy it immensely...and you will enjoy the use of the Neptune and the concierge service. I have been on ships where we've had butlers and prefer the Deluxe suites on HAL more than having butlers. They are less intrusive, IMO, but ALWAYS there for you to help you in any way they can.

You'll have the best time of your life and the Volendam is one beautiful ship. Bon Voyage!

I am also booked on the Volendam for a cruise this fall but it is not on the Navigation Deck as your cabin is but down on the Main Deck and in the same general location. We like this area of the ship because of the smoother sailing and the convenience of the elevators.

Our cabins have been in this general area on at least 8 or 10 cruises and we have never been disturbed with outside noises. I can not say anything about noise from the Lido Pool on the next higher deck than you, but I wouldn't expect it to be bothersom.

As for noise from other verandahs, you can generally hear other people out on theirs regardless of what deck you're on or where it is. Usually though these are just private conversations and not really something of annoyance and are short lived.

Have a great cruise.

I can't tell for certain from the deck plans, but your cabin doesn't look to be so much under the pool area. Your cabin looks as if it's either under the most forward part of the dining area, or the very last portion of the pool area. There might be a table and chairs, and walking pathway above you. It will be a lot quieter than closer to the pool.

The elevator bank is in an alcove, with the stairs nearby. There shouldn't be any noise from there.

Have a great time in The Great Land!

We were upgraded to either that cabin or the one next to it on a sister ship. Did not notice noise at all during the day but it was bad at night when the herds were heading for the "midnight buffet." I just stayed up and read til it was over. Did not bother my wife at all.

Gary

Archived