Kosher Food on REgent

While I do know the exact answer to your question, I am aware that Regent will do anything they can to meet the dietary requirements of their passengers. I would expect the food to be delicious. In terms of wine, if the request for Kosher wine is made prior to the cruise, I have no doubt that they would have it there for you. I suggest you call your TA and have them contact Regent.

We've been on Regent a couple of times in September, during the New Year's holiday. I remember hearing/reading that there was a rabbi on board to lead services, and I remember hearing that kosher food was served at meals. I have no idea how good the food was, but I'd imagine it was. (I've heard of people ordering kosher meals on airlines-- back in the days when meals were served!-- because they felt that the meals were likely to be of better quality.) (No doubt because smaller volume?)

I also have no direct knowledge, but I'd have some doubts about how good the food quality would be. The galleys on the ship aren't kosher, so I imagine they would have to have special kosher food brought aboard to be stored and served separately; I would think this would rule out a lot of the fresh foods the ships purchase along the way, as well as the sauces, soups, etc. that the chefs onboard prepare. As suggested above, I'd call Regent to inquire -- just persist in asking to speak to someone who actually seems to understand and know something about preparation of kosher food, as some reservation agents may just see it as a check-box on a computer screen but not really know what they'll actually do for you.

-- Eric

Thanks Eric

I know about what you wrote and Regent said they would arrange for the food (it is frozen from a company somewhere else and reheated) I was just curious as to whether when they say they will provide Kosher food that in fact they to do.

Archived