New Year's on a Cruise-What's it like?

Good Day Everyone,

We just booked for New Year's 2010 and I'd like to get some feedback from people who have been on a New Year's cruise...What's it like, what did you enjoy, etc....We did New Year's at Disney and I thought nothing could top that but looking forward to your comments...Thanks

Newts:cool:

Good Day Everyone,

We just booked for New Year's 2010 and I'd like to get some feedback from people who have been on a New Year's cruise...What's it like, what did you enjoy, etc....We did New Year's at Disney and I thought nothing could top that but looking forward to your comments...Thanks

Lots of decorations.

Big party in the Atrium (if on a Grand class ship) with a balloon drop at midnight. Big party on deck with, if MUTS exists on the ship, appropriate visual countdown.

Cool, so far nice to hear...We're on the Crown out of Ft. Lauderdale...Going to go down a day early...The itinerary is quite nice as well as it heads down to Barbados so we should see some really warm temps...Thanks for the comments thus far...

Have done 2 New Year's Eve cruises. First one in 2005 on the Star Princess and last year a Christmas/New Year cruise on Celebrity. Loved both!!!

New Year's Eve will be a formal night. At dinner they will give you "hats" and noise makers.

I have to admit that in 2005 after the countdown we were so tired we went to bed. I understand from my then 20 year old we missed great music and food.

Last year there was a big party on the pool deck with countdown; midnight buffet; dancing etc. It was great fun and we actually stayed up for it!!! (did I mention we had naps earlier in the day???:o)

Any free drinks? (I'm laughing to myself as I write this)...Champagne, etc?

On the Grand at midnight glasses of Champagne were served for free, or at any rate I don't remember signing for them :).

I am not a New Year's person at all and am quite happy to stay home or have a quiet evening with friends. BUT the best ever New Year's I had was on a cruise. It was so much fun and everyone stayed up all night partying. The beauty of it - nobody had to give a thought to driving, getting a cab, etc., etc.

It's far too much fun :D

Good Day Everyone,

We were on the Dawn Princess a couple of years ago for New Year's. The best New Year's party I've ever been to... I've posted this before, but here it is again.. this is a short video at midnight....

New Year's Eve - 12-31-2007

Last year we were on the Monarch and champagne was flowing wherever you went. We were just discussing this yesterday, how surprised we were over all of the champagne. It was great!

Another thing, NYE was on a Wed, and the next day was a Sea Day....which was good that we didn't have to get off the ship that day and travel. That was one of the deciding factors of what ship to take. We didn't want to have to get off on Jan 1st.

Another was that it was driveable to the port. That factor has been thrown out the door. We'll never drive 12+ hours again to go anywhere for the holidays. We travel with another couple and thought 3 hours a piece...a no brainer...but with Holiday traffic it was closer to 16 hours and it is not worth it and we'll fly from here on out.

Happy Cruising!!

We spent New Years Eve on A Carnival ship two years ago, it was a blast we were up till 4:30 it was the latest we had been up in years were both in our 60 and would do it again in a minute.

Another thing, NYE was on a Wed, and the next day was a Sea Day....which was good that we didn't have to get off the ship that day and travel. That was one of the deciding factors of what ship to take. We didn't want to have to get off on Jan 1st.

Ah yes, the next day, we were in Cabo San Lucas on our NYE cruise. The passengers (and crew) were a bit bleary-eyed, but at least, since we had cruised from San Diego, we were there all day. :p

We had one of the best New Year's Eve experiences ever on the Crown. All fun and no hassle. A whole ship of people happy to be cruising and partying. (except for those few who complain no matter what) But best of all was our New Year's Day spent on the Silver Dream in Barbados. What a way to start a new year! That was 2 years ago, but we are going back this year for New Year's in the Southern Caribbean.

Archived