port said

amazonlady

The main reason for visiting Port Said is for Cairo. There is not anything of great note in this area although there are a few pleasant streets to stroll. Once I started looking into riding a local ferry that will take you to the town on the opposite side, allowing you to cross the Suez Canal -- might be interesting.

But again, everything on offer in Port Said pales in comparison to Cairo.

If you are on any of the Brilliance of the Seas November itineraries they just cancelled Port Said on the sailings for Nov 6,18 & 30..they are staying overnight in Alexandria.

Port Said is a jumping off point not only for Cairo but the Sinai(yes that Sinai as in Moses) as well. Besides seeing the Canal(which you will on the ship) you can get a tour of the 1973 Israel-egypt war sites....its an interesting tour. I don't know if you have time to get to St Catherines monastery....

Port Said is a jumping off point not only for Cairo but the Sinai(yes that Sinai as in Moses) as well. Besides seeing the Canal(which you will on the ship) you can get a tour of the 1973 Israel-egypt war sites....its an interesting tour. I don't know if you have time to get to St Catherines monastery....

thanks for this advice. unfortunately we do not have the option of an overnight in cairo, as have 3 days at sea afterwards. i have hard from people who have taken the cairo option that it is a long day with almost 6 hours travel to spend a couple of hours at the pyramids, but sounds like that is what we will have to do. was just looking at other options though.:confused:

thanks for this advice. unfortunately we do not have the option of an overnight in cairo, as have 3 days at sea afterwards. i have hard from people who have taken the cairo option that it is a long day with almost 6 hours travel to spend a couple of hours at the pyramids, but sounds like that is what we will have to do. was just looking at other options though.:confused:

The trip is Sinai is a day trip....

They said the port authority wanted the ship in at 6am and they could not get in until 7am therefore staying in Alexandria overnight.

They said the port authority wanted the ship in at 6am and they could not get in until 7am therefore staying in Alexandria overnight.

• 1 month later...

Archived