Barcelona, Las Ramblas

I'm busy reading my travel books (Rick Steves) and from what I'm seeing it looks like it might be possible to walk to Las Ramblas from where our ship (Brilliance) is docked. I think it would be a pretty rapid walk but is it at all possible?

I'm busy reading my travel books (Rick Steves) and from what I'm seeing it looks like it might be possible to walk to Las Ramblas from where our ship (Brilliance) is docked. I think it would be a pretty rapid walk but is it at all possible?

Easy. It is a 2km stroll. Over the big bridge, turn right towards the large column statue and that is at the end of Las Ramblas

Otherwise catch the blue port bus for €2 oneway/€3 return to the column.

I would not recommend doing this with luggage

This site is of great help with maps etc:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

I agree the walk is not too far, but if it is very hot it might not be easy. Barcelona has a very good hop on hop off tourist bus. There are two loops and they hit almost all of the sites you might like to see.

We have been to Barcelona twice and I would not attempt to walk from the dock to Las Ramblas especially with luggage. Las Ramblas is a very long street with many stores and hotels along it. We also rode on the hop on bus both times and it did not go to the cruise dock. But it is a nice way to see all of Barcelona as you can get off at many stops and then get back on for the price of one ticket. We caught the bus in a square (can't remember name) on Las Ramblas Street. We paid for our ticket at a ticket booth but you may be able to pay ticket on the bus, I don't know. We stayed in a hotel on Las Ramblas and a took a cab. It was about $15 to our hotel from the cruise dock.

Hope this helps. Barcelona is a beautiful city and you will enjoy it!

Do you buy the passes right on the bus?

Yes you can, or at one of the booths. Its €20 for one day and something like €26 for 2 days. There is a booth at Placa de Catalunya and one at the Colom Monument (bottom of Las Ramblas) where the blue port bus stops. You get a set of headphones and a choice of 10 languages for the commentary. There are loads of buses, so you never have to wait long for one except at the 'popular' stops, such as Placa de Catalunya and the Colom Monument! You may have to start on the inside lower deck and wait for people to get off to get up to the top deck. Load more info here http://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com/Barcelona-Bus-Turistic/_vf-SMlY1yItM-U_l9RgLJoJPG-BcW4K5Nh9zolHzbfE_3bIBi9uXxeYypqHsbbrdY1KXVZYhHgXWn9kx1dacDfIGDfdnPOon

Simon

We have been to Barcelona twice and walked to or from the ship on our B2B. It is too far for taking luggage but an OK walk if you are walkers.

We left all valuables in the safe in our hotel room and took Very little with us. No Purse or wallet on us. We stopped a pick pocket in our HoHo line up. They are very talented.

It is a great place though and hope you have a wonderful time there.

You cannot walk to Las Ramblas from the port. Cab ride is about $25..American

Thanks for all the information. We are both great walkers (hubby golfs) and we usually walk all over the ports mostly to burn off calories. We have invested in all kinds of pickpocket proof gear and anyone who tried to pick our pockets would have quite a challenge. We also carry a minimum of cash and wear no showy jewelry in port anywhere. Our ship leaves at 7pm and we arrive in Barcelona at 8:30am. I know customs and transfers will eat up several hours but we should be able to wander around for a little bit. We'll leave the fancy cameras on the ship and I'll carry my Wal*Mart disposables. This should be fun!

Our hotel was very close to the Christopher Columbus statue and we were going to be dropped off there in our taxi and then take the $4 shuttle bus to the pier. When we looked at what the fare was going to be we decided to continue on in the taxi directly to the pier. Cost about $10 total for the complete ride. The docks area is not pretty to walk on so I would take a taxi to the Ramblas and then walk from there. By the way, if Rick Steves say to eat anyplace, follow his directions, you will have a great meal. Everything he says to do is worth doing.

Thanks for all the information. We are both great walkers (hubby golfs) and we usually walk all over the ports mostly to burn off calories. We have invested in all kinds of pickpocket proof gear and anyone who tried to pick our pockets would have quite a challenge. We also carry a minimum of cash and wear no showy jewelry in port anywhere. Our ship leaves at 7pm and we arrive in Barcelona at 8:30am. I know customs and transfers will eat up several hours but we should be able to wander around for a little bit. We'll leave the fancy cameras on the ship and I'll carry my Wal*Mart disposables. This should be fun!

You will be great, we are golfers as well. It was not that long a walk for us. We spent a total of 11 days in Barcelona before and after our cruises. You are well prepared and have a great time.

We enjoyed our 2 day pass on the Ho Ho bus. Got to see lots.

There was a big line up for security mid afternoon that went outside the building into the hot sunshine. If you are on a B2B they had a special check in line for crew etc.

Happy cruising!:)

Archived