problems booking on line with azamara

sandy1020

I was very happy to be in control of my bookings with Azazmara in the past with their very convenient website ( i.e. I was able to put on courtesy hold a cruise for 48 hours)- this enabled me to find my flights without the tedious process of having to go through a 3rd party, a travel agent. ( The web has made it so easy for those of us who have fun planning and booking to do so without the need for a TA) I am so disappointed that their site -putting your cruise on courtesy hold for 48 hours- has been "temporarily unavailable " for the last 2 weeks, and my only options are to 1.pay $960 upfront on the web site while I search for flights 2. Call Azazmara and wait for 20 minutes on hold and pay $960 as they will not put a cruise on courtesy hold for 48 hours while I search for flights or 3. Go through a travel agent who will do this for me-and charge a commisson to Azazmara.- while I search for flights. Of course, as I am canadian, each time I cancel a reservaion, a certain percentage of the deposit is lost witht the back and forth conversion from US to Canadian and Canadian back to US dollars. The 960 dollars are the deposit for 2 people

3. Go through a travel agent who will do this for me-and charge a commisson to Azazmara.- while I search for flights. Of course, as I am canadian, each time I cancel a reservaion, a certain percentage of the deposit is lost witht the back and forth conversion from US to Canadian and Canadian back to US dollars. The 960 dollars are the deposit for 2 people

Does Azamara give you the commission if you book direct ?

Why worry if the TA get a commission or not they probably will give you some perks if you find the right one.

The TA probably can put a hold on the cruise for you ...save you all that calling & holding online;)

Get a USD VISA then you only pay the conversion when you actually need the money to pay off the CC.

TD, RBC & CIBC all have them

Sandy, you are probably already doing this, but be sure to check pricing on Azamara's website in both Cdn and US$. I've found that on the rare occasion, prices are more favorable in Cdn $.

A good suggestion from LHT28 to have both Cdn and U.S. $ CCs, unless you are in my situation and have your trip cancellation insurance covered on your Cdn $ CC.

Hi Sandy, just an update to my post above. I checked prices for an Azamara cruise in both Cdn and U.S., and with the favorable exchange rate that they are giving, there is a worthwhile savings by booking in Cdn $.

All I can add to this is that I usually do everything online, but made my reservation online and have called Azamara several times since. I have never had to wait more than a few minutes, and I have found them wonderful to deal with.

i have also had trouble booking directly with Azamara. I had to hold on for one hour last week in order to be told that i couldnt reserve in the speciality dining restaurants until i get on board, however anyone booking through a travel agent appears to be able to do so. They are not very helpful and keep transferring you from dept to dept.

I had to hold on for one hour last week in order to be told that i couldnt reserve in the speciality dining restaurants until i get on board, however anyone booking through a travel agent appears to be able to do so.

If you are Caption Club you book before if not you have wait until u are on ship

Sandy

I'm also a Canadian and also in the midst of booking a cruise with AZ - On my itin the CAD exchange rate is 1.16 - Personally I found that a little HIGH

Also by NOT booking direct with AZ I can save $330.00 USD EACH on a SV and-or $1,100.00 USD each on a SS

(suite life here we come)

With these savings I'm not sure why a Canadian would want to book direct with AZ online (or by phone) and or not use a TA and or not pay in USD funds (especially if you believe our dollar will be at par again soon - ?) unless you think our dollar is going to tank come full payment

True there are many here who think an AZ certified cruise consultant offer some advantages by booking direct though personally I disagree - It can come at a cost especially when huge savings can be had having a TA and TA agencies competing for your business

Hope this advice helps you

jc

toronto

With these savings I'm not sure why a Canadian would want to book direct with AZ online (or by phone) and or not use a TA and or not pay in USD funds (especially if you believe our dollar will be at par again soon - ?) unless you think our dollar is going to tank come full payment

Hi jc,

Azamara's exchange rate on the cruise that I have been looking at (Journey/Sept. 27) is $1.09 Cdn/$1 U.S. ... a great exchange rate today. Also...the resident discount adds quite a savings.

Do you book via an Ontario TA or through a U.S. one? I haven't found an Ontario TA who is offering significant discounts (such as you have found) on Azamara cruises ... I think I need to keep looking. As per Airbalancer's comment, there is some safety in booking with a Tico TA, so if I am going to use a TA, would prefer to use one here.

Archived