Interest in Azamara Quest fitness room.

izzyis

I will be on the Azamara Quest in September and have read a few reviews but no one seems to comment on the fitness room. I was wondering if it was large and had lots of cardiovascular machines, also did anyone notice if it had a scale?

The fitness rooms on both ships are very nice. They have a wood floor (I think it's wood, didn't check too closely) where the classes are held, about half a dozen treadmills, three ellipticals and a stationary bike or two. There's also a decent, although not complete (they're small ships) set of weight machines, plus free weights.

On Quest the gym was open 24 hours a day. I don't recall whether Journey was the same.

There was a scale on each ship, but I avoided them.:)

The fitness room is better than you might expect. It has brand new Life fitness aerobic equipment. There are three ellipticals, three tread mills, two recumbent bikes. They also have 3 or 4 spinning bikes. There are also several weight training machines. I was in their daily and never had to wait on a machine.

The fitness rooms on both ships are very nice. They have a wood floor (I think it's wood, didn't check too closely) where the classes are held, about half a dozen treadmills, three ellipticals and a stationary bike or two. There's also a decent, although not complete (they're small ships) set of weight machines, plus free weights.

On Quest the gym was open 24 hours a day. I don't recall whether Journey was the same.

There was a scale on each ship, but I avoided them.:)

On the Journey during our trip in May it opened at 6 am

Some machines are in SI(metric) and some are in the out of date imperial units

which is easier

12 inches (in)= 1 foot (ft)

3 feet= 1 yard (yd)

16-1/2 feet= 1 rod (rd), pole, or perch

40 rods= 1 furlong (fur) = 660 feet

8 furlongs= 1 U.S. statute mile (mi) = 5280 feet

1852 meters= 6076.115 49 feet (approximately) = 1 international nautical mile

or

10 millimeters (mm)= 1 centimeter (cm)

10 centimeters= 1 decimeter (dm) = 100 millimeters

10 decimeters= 1 meter (m) = 1000 millimeters

10 meters= 1 dekameter (dam)

10 dekameters= 1 hectometer (hm) = 100 meters

10 hectometers= 1 kilometer (km) = 1000 meters

So much easier to work in units of 10:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - first post!

I'm wondering if the Quest has a spa with a sauna and/or jacuzzi and/or heated tile lounges that guests can use. On other ships I've been on, you can pay a daily or weekly rate to use these kind of facilities, but I don't see it mentioned at all for the Quest.

Many thanks!

Hi all - first post!

I'm wondering if the Quest has a spa with a sauna and/or jacuzzi and/or heated tile lounges that guests can use. On other ships I've been on, you can pay a daily or weekly rate to use these kind of facilities, but I don't see it mentioned at all for the Quest.

Many thanks!

Both Azamara ships have saunas in their locker rooms (at least in the ladies' locker room; I didn't check out the men's) and an area called a thalossotherapy spa. It's all the way forward and has loungers plus a large jacuzzi-like tub. It's not very warm, but it's very soothing, at least the one on Journey is. We paid $175 for the two of us (plus an 18% gratuity for absolutely nothing in the way of service) for the duration of a 16-night cruise (I think the price is the same no matter the duration, but perhaps it's less for a 7-nighter).

We only signed up on Journey because we had 9 sea days. I had trouble finding a lounger unless I went late in the day. We only had 2 sea days on Quest, so I didn't bother. One could also buy a day pass for something like $20 plus tip.

There aren't any heated loungers, though, just the standard ship's loungers.

Archived