Dawn Princess running late 22/6/09

rkmw

Sydney ports has the Dawn Princess arriving at wharf 8 tomorrow at 11am and departing at 9.30pm, here's the link

http://shipschedule.sydneyports.com.au/marineoperations/movements.asp

Bob I am really sorry to hear that for you guys.... lets hope it does not go much later....

on our fijian jewels cruise as you know we did not leave until 1am and we missed our sailaway.... no music no cheering no horn blowing as it was my first cruise that was disappointing... though at the time i thought doesn't matter as will get to sail back into sydney and get some pictures then.... except in their wisdom they decided that we should arrive in sydney at 4 am in the morning.....

Sydney ports has the Dawn Princess arriving at wharf 8 tomorrow at 11am and departing at 9.30pm, here's the link

http://shipschedule.sydneyports.com.au/marineoperations/movements.asp

Sorry to hear Dawn Princess is running late, is this because she is coming out of Dry Dock?

You will have to take lots of photos and give us all the info on the ship!

Happy Cruising!! :)

just got a message from someone on the dawn...she says they are due into sydney at 11.30 now........talk about dejavu

at least you don't have to worry about swine flu

I think also some sydneysiders may have been planning to go straight to work.....

Sorry to hear Dawn Princess is running late, is this because she is coming out of Dry Dock?

A passenger on board posted this.....

according to the captain the weather will be the reason we will not be docking in Sydney until 11.30 tomorrow instead of 6 am

A passenger on board posted this.....

according to the captain the weather will be the reason we will not be docking in Sydney until 11.30 tomorrow instead of 6 am

If they dock at 11.30 does that mean they will have to provide lunch for the passengers getting off ?:D:D

If they dock at 11.30 does that mean they will have to provide lunch for the passengers getting off ?:D:D

i would say so, by the time we embark we'll be having a late lunch

bob

For what it's worth, The Dawn Princess was waiting for the 6pm high tide on Saturday to get to the Portside terminal, so she would have left later than the 4pm scheduled departure.

Hope the showers hold off for the sailaway. So long Fijian Jewellers.

Cheers,

Anna

Looking out of my hotel window in North Sydney across the harbour and can still see DP at Wharf 8 even though it is now after 10:30. She is going to be sailing quickly in the first couple of days to make up the 6 or so hours she is late.

Hi All

We finally started pulling away from the dock just after 11.00pm and pilot got off around 12.30am. Seas have been rough all night and i think they have been trying to make up time.

No explanation as why we were even later than the late departure but the captain said he would explain.

Dont know if we are going to miss any ports as yet.

On the boat and moving so that is all that matters

Hi All

We finally started pulling away from the dock just after 11.00pm and pilot got off around 12.30am. Seas have been rough all night and i think they have been trying to make up time.

No explanation as why we were even later than the late departure but the captain said he would explain.

Dont know if we are going to miss any ports as yet.

On the boat and moving so that is all that matters

babsjo .... sorry to hear you had such a late sail away.... on our fijian jewels we didn't sail till after 1 am... which was disppointing as one of my highlight was going to be leaving sydney with all the hype... no hype that time of night ... just silience.... eery really no noise as you glide through the water .... I wanted cocktails, band playing and horn blowing.. ...LOL

poo poo to princess for the late sailaways they seem to be having lately..

joanne

babsjo .... sorry to hear you had such a late sail away.... on our fijian jewels we didn't sail till after 1 am... which was disppointing as one of my highlight was going to be leaving sydney with all the hype... no hype that time of night ... just silience.... eery really no noise as you glide through the water .... I wanted cocktails, band playing and horn blowing.. ...LOL

poo poo to princess for the late sailaways they seem to be having lately..

joanne

Hi Joanne,

We had our sailaway at Bungalow 8 from lunchtime.I vaguely remember going under the bridge with a glass of red in hand.We had a look at our DVD of the martini mixing .We will make a copy for you.The Princess dvd,s are good and we have a copy of those for you.....all good .we catch up soon.....We are looking forward to the Rhapsody cruise in December...its a great ship .should be a nice relaxing cruise up the coast.

Talk soon

Col & Di:)

Hi Joanne,

We had our sailaway at Bungalow 8 from lunchtime.I vaguely remember going under the bridge with a glass of red in hand.We had a look at our DVD of the martini mixing .We will make a copy for you.The Princess dvd,s are good and we have a copy of those for you.....all good .we catch up soon.....We are looking forward to the Rhapsody cruise in December...its a great ship .should be a nice relaxing cruise up the coast.

Talk soon

thought you had forgotten us LOL....hey we looked at the cruise to take the girls on... hmmm heard that it is also a schoolies cruise :eek:

thought you had forgotten us LOL....hey we looked at the cruise to take the girls on... hmmm heard that it is also a schoolies cruise :eek:

I know P&O have a policy where passengers under the age of 21 can not cruise without a parent or legal guardian, during the "schoolies" period.

RCI has the following age policy (copied from RCI website):

No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be reserved in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required).

I assume this will stop most schoolies from being able to book the December Rhapsody cruise unless they book with their parents / guardians, are married, or with someone over 21 who will be held responsible for them.

This RCI policy is a year-round policy for all bookings, not just the "Schoolies" period.

:)

Hi ,

Booth P&O and RCI have an age policy in place...that people under the age of 21 must be accompanied by an adult.i cruised last oct in school holidays and it was fine.I think cruise lines have really tightened up on schoolies cruises.Anyway us "OLDER FOLK" are asleep before the kids go out.Actually come to think of it Rhapsodys nightclub is really isolated up on deck 12 overlooking the pool.thats where all the young ones hung out and there was no problems at all.

Will catch up soon....definately havent forgotten you ...LOL

Cheers

i would say so, by the time we embark we'll be having a late lunch

bob

They told us we could stay on for lunch as after it docked it would be some time before we could all disembark. The buffet closed up sharp at 11am and when I asked when they would open they said FOR THE NEW PASSENGERS so there was no lunch for us and of course due to the fact that we did not embark in Brisband until 8pm we missed that days cruise as well we did get $14 back each refund for the docking charge at Brisbane that Princess did not have to pay

Archived