Who's going to Alaska in 2010?

brunolvr

I suspect that you will have a wonderful time and find that even two weeks is not enough. Pace yourself, though, or you will need a vacation to rest up from your vacation.:D

Can't be as bad as recovering from the Caribbean sun combined with those rum drinks with the umbrellas. This is the first non-caribbean cruise! I am more of a nature person, so I can't wait.

Can't be as bad as recovering from the Caribbean sun combined with those rum drinks with the umbrellas. This is the first non-caribbean cruise! I am more of a nature person, so I can't wait.

We are sailing on the Radiance in June and are equally anxious for the time to arrive. It will be our second cruisetour in Alaska and my third visit to this great state.:)

Radiance of the Seas, June 4, 2010 - Package # 14 cruisetour

Our cruisetour begins June 6th in Fairbanks so we'll be boarding the Radiance when you are getting off.(June 11th). Matt Yee will be entertaining in the Schooner Bar when you are on Radiance and I believe his last cruise will be the one we are on. Have seen him previously on other RCI cruises and know that the Schooner Bar will be filled to overflowing when he is performing.:)

When is the best time of year to go? Some say May, some prefer August. What do you think?:rolleyes:

What are your criteria? If you want the most hours of daylight, you need to book around the summer solstice. If you want to pay the lowest prices, you need to look at cruises in May or September. Weather is unpredictable so there are no guarantees as to the type of weather you will experience whenever you travel to Alaska. You can check almanacs and find the average temperatures and amounts of rainfall for the various ports at various times of the season, but you can't be certain that those averages will apply when you actually travel there. Many cruisers have visited Alaska in May and in August, as well as the other months in the Alaska cruise season (May - September) and their experiences are varied but most have indicated that their time in Alaska was memorable. Find a date that best fits your schedule, compare prices and itineraries and then decide what works best for you.

Hello,

We have booked a cruise to Alaska for May 28, 2010 on the Celebrity Millennium. DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary. This is our first cruise ever and we are VERY excited. The more research I do on Alaska, the more I feel like this won't be our last cruise/visit to the 49th state.

Husband and I with our friends - August 13, 2010 - shiverin' already - would freeze in the tropics, however am already getting excited.

Have booked the Chilkoot 7.5 hr railroad/bus, Harv and Marv's - nothing else so far.

125 more sleeps!!!

Kathy

Millenium - 2002

Century - 2003

Navigator of the Seas - 2004

Constellation - 2005

Millenium - 2006

Constellation - 2007

New baby twins 2008

Liberty of the Seas - 2009

Radiance of the Seas - 2010

Archived