why the changes all the time P&O

I see P&O have changed the cruises ex freo as they can not fill them .Cutting them short and adding another shorter cruise

But now the Christmas cruise has been changed we were to have been in Christmas island on Christmas eve and have Christmas at sea which would be great .Now we are at Christmas island on the 23rd and Semarang on Christmas day . Now who wants to do a tour on Christmas day or will the shops even be open. P&O surly knows how to stuff up a good cruise no wonder they can’t fill the cruise:mad:

Roger

Is there a lot to do in Semarang? Was thinking unless there is something that is a must do/see, we might chillax on the boat:).

Will wait and see what the tours are as i cant find much info about Semarang on the net

Is there a lot to do in Semarang? Was thinking unless there is something that is a must do/see, we might chillax on the boat:).

Will wait and see what the tours are as i cant find much info about Semarang on the net

Hi

We were thinking of hiring a driver and car for the day to have a look around but now it will be Christmas day i dont know , will check out with the rest of our group ,they dont know about the changes

Roger

this is the reply i got about private tour on komodo.I wonder how much P&O will charge and i read on another thread they only have space for about 500 -600 people to do tours

Hi Roger,

Apologies for the late reply but was traveling on business. We don’t actually offer individual tours in the Park on the days that cruise ships call since all available guides and rangers – to ensure your safety along the treks – are already booked by the cruise lines. For more information about the Park – and our program to protect it – please refer to our new Web site at http://www.gokomodo.org,

Cheers,

Marcus Matthews-Sawyer

Senior Advisor: Tourism, Marketing & Communications

Does either of you know what their is to do on Semarang???

most of what i can see is general tours of the landscape/temples/shops. some web sites have tours set up for people from cruise ships .We will wait and see what P&O have listed .they said shore tour will still be a few month away.

The way P&O are Iam sure they will change things on us again

I .Now we are at Christmas island on the 23rd and Semarang on Christmas day . Now who wants to do a tour on Christmas day or will the shops even be open.

Why not celebrate Christmas with Dinner on Christmas night?

We did on PD two years ago and it was great fun.:D

Because it is a port day, P&O will probably leave the formal Christmas meal until the evening anyway.

As for what to do at Semarang, we are doing the same cruise in November 2010 and I certainly won't be hanging round in Semarang to shop.;)

According to the P&O website info for Semarang they would appear to be offering tours to Borobudur - site of the worlds oldest Buddhist monuments and surely one of the world's great things to see.

Semarang - Indonesia

Java, Indonesia

From Semarang, passengers may journey into the distant past. Borobudur, re-discovered in 1814 by Sir Stamford Raffles, is the largest and oldest Buddhist monument in the world. Dating from the eighth century, passengers will marvel at this huge mass of carved stone shaped into a mythological model of the universe.

I know where we'll be going when we dock in Semarang. :)

borobudur.jpg

Why not celebrate Christmas with Dinner on Christmas night?

We did on PD two years ago and it was great fun.:D

Because it is a port day, P&O will probably leave the formal Christmas meal until the evening anyway.

As for what to do at Semarang, we are doing the same cruise in November 2010 and I certainly won't be hanging round in Semarang to shop.;)

According to the P&O website info for Semarang they would appear to be offering tours to Borobudur - site of the worlds oldest Buddhist monuments and surely one of the world's great things to see.

I know where we'll be going when we dock in Semarang. :)

borobudur.jpg

This is one of the tours i found

Day Time Exursion to Borobudur

(SPECIAL DESIGNED FOR CRUISE SHIP PASSANGERS)

BOROBUDUR ( Full Day with Lunch )

Upon your arrival at the Pier of Semarang , We will pick you up , meet and greet then Direct transfer to Borobudur Temple with app.drive of 90 minutes along the mountains and rice fields terraces.This round trip Exursion also cover the Buffet Lunch in the Hygiene Dining Room with the 12 centuries Budhist temple View.Arriving at the Temple,Your Guide will bring you around and explain you the very interesting Budha Life Story as well as to show you The Master piece Project of Budhist Dynasty in Central Java,the very famous SYAILENDRA in organizing their folks to work together in reaching their purpose to create this Magnificent Huge 2.000.000 pieces of Vulcanic Rocks Temple.After a delicious Lunch then we transfer you back on the same intersate mountain roads back to the Pier in semarang On TIME !!

Our company , javatourismexplore has many years experiences in handling this Cruise line passangers from various Cruise Company wish to see Borobudur in easy way , suac as ; holland America line , Crystal Cruise , Hapag lloyd , Renaissance , sea goddess , RCCL , P & O , and many otherBEST DEAL

01-02 persons : US $ 95

03-04 persons : US $ 85

05-08 persons : US $ 75

09-15 persons :US $ 70

20-25 persons :US $ 65

I can most likely explain to you why they are having trouble filling the cruises out of Fremantle.

One is the proximity of Perth in relation to Cruises out of Singapore and the pricing even if you take flights and pre/post cruise accommodation into account

Secondly Is the Much Newer Cruise Ships from there

Thirdly who would choose Pacific Sun over something like Superstar Virgo assuming both were in the same price range

LAST but not least is the pricing you can get a Combined two week Asian land vacation with flights and hotel for around the same money assuming you can live without nightly provided entertainment and looking for meals on your own daily and not having a high level of care and attention to detail.

I can most likely explain to you why they are having trouble filling the cruises out of Fremantle.

One is the proximity of Perth in relation to Cruises out of Singapore and the pricing even if you take flights and pre/post cruise accommodation into account

Thirdly who would choose Pacific Sun over something like Superstar Virgo assuming both were in the same price range

LAST but not least is the pricing you can get a Combined two week Asian land vacation with flights and hotel for around the same money assuming you can live without nightly provided entertainment and looking for meals on your own daily and not having a high level of care and attention to detail.

Agreed absolutely!

Also, the time of year is wrong. In Dec/Jan it will be so hot and humid in that area not to mention cyclones :(

This time of year would be perfect to escape the cold weather here in Perth, but at a competitive price with flying to Bali or Singapore.

The thing is we have done the Asian land thing so may times. We want to cruise and not for 3-7 days as Star do. We want to cruise unpack once and relax the kids don’t have to be entertained by us and it’s a true holiday for us the adults no cooking or finding food for the kids. The Christmas itinerary WAS great with sea days to relax, Christmas island on Christmas eve ,Christmas at sea (to spend the day with family and friends) and a few stops after and a relax before home and work again. We will still go and enjoy the cruise as we have always done. But the thing is WHY did P&O change the itinerary (I called and the were very rude and didn’t care basically and said it happens) or was it a marketing ploy to get people to go knowing they would change it later? .The above sounds better than Christmas island on the 23rd and a port on Christmas day !.

It is great to be able to cruise out of freo as you don’t loose days getting to your destination this again is why we have booked the Sun Princess .We can only hope RCI will send a ship to cruise Perth Asia ( maybe they will send Legend Of The Seas down to us):)

Archived