Another Camp Carnival issue...this time on Pride

crusinmama06

I cant believe that! I also read your thread Michelle, what is going on with camp carnival lately?

I havent had the best of luck with counselors either. Out of the 4 sailings where my DD has been old enough to use camp, there was only 1 out of the 4 where I felt the counselors really cared about her and were truly interested in helping her enjoy camp. Mostly I drop her off and come back 5 minutes later to find her crying in a corner alone with her blanket. And it wasnt because they were busy with other kids because there was only 1 other one in there. When I asked them questions about what they tried, how to help her feel comfortable etc., I would get a cold reply she wont stop crying, here's her stuff, try again later. The same thing happened on multiple ships and multiple sailings. I was shocked because I had always read such great things about it on here. I wonder if the quality as a whole has changed over the last few years.

...there was only 1 out of the 4 where I felt the counselors really cared...

Can you tell me which one of the 4? I had my daughter Brooke on our first and she LOVED camp so much we had to beg and bribe her to not go. Sometimes that didn't even work! I was shocked watching Michele go threw what she had to deal with. I'm hoping some of those counselors get retrained before we sail again!

Julie - I saw that happen a few times on our last cruise too. Little kids, no more than 2, crying their heads off and the staff looking totally annoyed with them. My heart broke for the little ones. Even one of the older kids was trying to comfort one. The counselors just went along checking people in and out, ignoring the crying kids.

Brian - it really depends on the staff at that time. Remember, I didn't have this issue on Elation and Sensation. I would assume the staff rotates around like every ten months on a ship.

I gotta tell you, from all my cruises and everything I've seen/experienced, I still think RCI has the best kid's programs. Every time I would see the kids out and about on an RCI ship, they were having a blast, they were well taken care of and the counselors all were involved.

Holy yikes...they try to kick out your sweet girl for banging a rubber shark against a pole and running around during duck duck goose, but they won't kick out a 10-year-old boy that exposes himself to someone?!?! WTH?!?!

Holy yikes...they try to kick out your sweet girl for banging a rubber shark against a pole and running around during duck duck goose, but they won't kick out a 10-year-old boy that exposes himself to someone?!?! WTH?!?!

I know, I know! Ironic isn't it.

I got a phone over a rubber shark, yet sexual exposure wouldn't have even gotten that much. Maybe I should have flashed the counselors. :eek:

LOL! :p {kidding, yes I'm KIDDING!}

Archived