How much to Park at Baltimore Pier.

serene56

I doubt you will get a discount. It's $15 per day, payable upon entry, cash or credit card. Are you driving in and staying the night before at a hotel? You might be able to swing a park and stay rate with them, and go together on a shuttle if the hotel doesn't have one. The Fairfield Inn in White Marsh has park and cruise as well as shuttle for typically $150 per room per night.

This may be cheaper. Stay the night before at the White Marsh Fairfield inn and Suites -- its about a 10 min drive to the port, and it is right next to a mall and a bunch of things to do, and they offer a cruise transfer package if you book a room. the price of the room may be cheaper than 4 cars * 7 days * $15/day. Thats around $800 total. Just stay at the hotel and book two rooms for the night before, and they transport you themselves for free both ways and you park in their secure lot for the week.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-deals/bwims-fairfield-inn-and-suites-white-marsh/

well, my family was only gonna drive since its only about 2 hours away-

i sent my nephew the links for the hotel too-- just in case it might be cheaper- wow 90 bucks to park.

The OP didn't ask about hotels. :confused:

I believe they're driving down from Philadelphia on September 6 to board a ship on September 6.

Serene, please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

I realize that, but it was a suggestion so she didn't have to spend $800. If you want to spend $800 to park four cars, by all means! But as far as I know, there is not other option for parking or sedan service. My suggestion to come the night before was to save them money, which it looks like they were trying to do.

Man, you get flamed just for trying to help.

I won't flame over the hotel suggestion, as I asked about it too. But it's not $800 to park. 4 cars for a week is $420 (7 nights at $15 per is $105 per car). The other thing to take into account is how many people are in the group if they are taking 4 cars. That might end up being more than 2 rooms worth of people, and by the time meals are added, there go the savings.

In our situation, it might end up a few dollars cheaper to stay at White Marsh and take their free shuttle compared to where we are staying and paying to park at the pier, but for the difference, I'd just rather have my car at the pier so we get off the ship, load up and go instead of waiting for a shuttle.

Serene, have you looked into 2 one-way van rentals? Again, I'm not sure how many people you have, but if you could get a ~10 passenger van that you can drop off in Baltimore, and another one that you can get for the return, it might save a few dollars. Of course, travelling on Sunday, and the hassle of returning and picking up the van might just be more aggravation than it's worth as well.

I won't flame over the hotel suggestion, as I asked about it too. But it's not $800 to park. 4 cars for a week is $420 (7 nights at $15 per is $105 per car). The other thing to take into account is how many people are in the group if they are taking 4 cars. That might end up being more than 2 rooms worth of people, and by the time meals are added, there go the savings.

In our situation, it might end up a few dollars cheaper to stay at White Marsh and take their free shuttle compared to where we are staying and paying to park at the pier, but for the difference, I'd just rather have my car at the pier so we get off the ship, load up and go instead of waiting for a shuttle.

Serene, have you looked into 2 one-way van rentals? Again, I'm not sure how many people you have, but if you could get a ~10 passenger van that you can drop off in Baltimore, and another one that you can get for the return, it might save a few dollars. Of course, travelling on Sunday, and the hassle of returning and picking up the van might just be more aggravation than it's worth as well.

Ha good point. Not sure where I got that number from, looks like I multiplied the real number times two. Oops. Haha, thanks for pointing that out.

its only 8 people coming from all different directions.

I think i will tell my parents-- go the night before-- shack up in brothers house and let him do the driving-- one less car.

they can swing the parking fee 2 ways. Not much that the other two can do.

do other piers costs that much to park at?? NY? Bayonne?

I realize that, but it was a suggestion so she didn't have to spend $800. If you want to spend $800 to park four cars, by all means! But as far as I know, there is not other option for parking or sedan service. My suggestion to come the night before was to save them money, which it looks like they were trying to do.

Man, you get flamed just for trying to help.

Point taken...no flame intended.

We are on the sailing Sept. 6 also and we originally were going to have someone just drop us off. We can drive in 2 1/2-3 hours. Since the 5th is my BF's birthday I went ahead and decided we would go ahead and spend Saturday in Baltimore as I don't think he has been to Inner Harbor, etc. The Hampton Inn and the Marriott both are showing $149 for the park and cruise rate for that night

We are on the sailing Sept. 6 also and we originally were going to have someone just drop us off. We can drive in 2 1/2-3 hours. Since the 5th is my BF's birthday I went ahead and decided we would go ahead and spend Saturday in Baltimore as I don't think he has been to Inner Harbor, etc. The Hampton Inn and the Marriott both are showing $149 for the park and cruise rate for that night

Thanks for sharing that information! Which Hampton Inn and Marriott is it (address)?

Parking charge for a five night cruise at $15 day....is it $75.00 (for five 24 hour periods) or $90 (for actually being in the lot on six different days)? For those of you who have actually cruised out of Baltimore, recently, what have you paid?

We were there most recently on a June 14 cruise. Charges are done on a per night bases so 5 nights is $75.00.

Thanks for sharing that information! Which Hampton Inn and Marriott is it (address)?

IIRC hampton inn BWI and Fairfiled Inn by Marriott at White Marsh (that's about 20 minutes north.....it's like 10 miles...that 10 miles took us over an hour last week! construction!:mad:

The construction on Interstate 95 north of Baltimore [up as far as at least Whitemarsh] will not be completed this year or even next. One estimate I saw indicated 2012! They are widening that stretch and adding some toll lanes for those who will wish to "speed up" their trip. Allow plenty of extra time except perhaps early Saturday and Sunday mornings.

IIRC hampton inn BWI and Fairfiled Inn by Marriott at White Marsh (that's about 20 minutes north.....it's like 10 miles...that 10 miles took us over an hour last week! construction!:mad:

I think you got caught in that 24 car accident that happened a couple of weeks ago. Took forever. This is unusual. Usually everyone is going from north to south in the morning. Commute in the afternoon is fine as everyone is leaving baltimore returning home north.

White Marsh to Baltimore I have done hundreds of times, trust me, sitting an hour is rare.

It would be fun if you came down on the train and took a cab from the station in Baltimore....or check the park-n-rides around the BWI airport for a lower fare and take a cab from there....could save some $$$$$....Lisa

countdown.pl?name=Seyski5&date=8-1-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Relax - Have Fun - Adventure Abounds&ship=Explorer of the Seas

Archived