Response (or not) from Azamara to questions

Bob and Peg

A couple of weeks ago, I sent to question to Azamara using their the email on their website. There was an automated response saying they would respond later; I have yet to hear from them. Since I used their site, I have no record of my question (as I would in my own email) and I guess I didn't keep a copy of their automated response since I can't find it on my computer.

Has anyone else had a problem with getting a response to a specific question? Maybe they'll see this and give me an answer to my question.

My question concerned buying & bringing wine on board when we are on a SHIP- SPONSORED tour that includes winery tours & wine tasting; I have read what their general rules are, but since we will be on ship-sponsored tours will they be more lenient about bringing wine aboard.

Peggy

( PS I've also been following the thread about Wine as Contraband.)

A couple of weeks ago, I sent to question to Azamara using their the email on their website. There was an automated response saying they would respond later; I have yet to hear from them. Since I used their site, I have no record of my question (as I would in my own email) and I guess I didn't keep a copy of their automated response since I can't find it on my computer.

Has anyone else had a problem with getting a response to a specific question? Maybe they'll see this and give me an answer to my question.

My question concerned buying & bringing wine on board when we are on a SHIP- SPONSORED tour that includes winery tours & wine tasting; I have read what their general rules are, but since we will be on ship-sponsored tours will they be more lenient about bringing wine aboard.

Peggy

( PS I've also been following the thread about Wine as Contraband.)

Hi Peggy !

I have not used Azamara's website for questions, but if they have not answered by now, I wouldnt keep my hopes up. I'd suggest calling Captains Club at 800-760-0654, and they will answer your questions. Enjoy your Cruise !

I got a response from them today, less than 24 hours after I posted here. I sent Azamara a copy of my post & they answered it promptly.

Peggy

Thats great..and what was the answer for all of us that may buy wine?

Jancruz1

I got a response from them today, less than 24 hours after I posted here. I sent Azamara a copy of my post & they answered it promptly.

Peggy

Hi Peggy !

I'm glad you were able to get your answer. Enjoy your Cruise !

I've copied & pasted the response below. The way I read it, we get to bring on two bottles of wine (legally). But if we don't bring any wine aboard when we embark, how do they know if we buy some on a tour & bring it back? The way I read their response that should be okay.

Peggy

We apologize for the delay in responding to your concerns.

Only two (2) bottles per stateroom, per sailing of wine can be brought and

consumed onboard.

Any additional bottles that are purchased in port, are with held and

delivered to the guests

rooms on the last evening of the cruise. This is the same policy even if

the wine is purchased

on one of the cruise line shore excursions.

Thank you for contacting Azamara Cruises.

Sincerely,

Azamara Cruises Customer Service Representative

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-877-222-2526, 7 AM-10 PM CST, Monday-Friday; 8 AM-7 PM CST

Saturday-Sunday

Visit our Web site: http://www.AzamaraCruises.com

Fax us: 1-305-373-4381

Email us: AzamaraCustomerService@celebrity.com

Write us: Azamara Cruises

4729 S. Palisade

Wichita, KS 67217

I've copied & pasted the response below. The way I read it, we get to bring on two bottles of wine (legally). But if we don't bring any wine aboard when we embark, how do they know if we buy some on a tour & bring it back? The way I read their response that should be okay.

Peggy

We apologize for the delay in responding to your concerns.

Only two (2) bottles per stateroom, per sailing of wine can be brought and

consumed onboard.

Any additional bottles that are purchased in port, are with held and

delivered to the guests

rooms on the last evening of the cruise. This is the same policy even if

the wine is purchased

on one of the cruise line shore excursions.

Thank you for contacting Azamara Cruises.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting this came from a VP of Azamara...

"Hope this helps answer:

Azamara's standard policy is to allow 2 bottles of wine to be brought aboard on embarkation day, subject to a corkage fee.

However, to answer the specific question, we have heard that the ship board management team has some flexibility in the rule based on itineraries and company sponsored wine based shore excursions. It is recommended that guests check with ship board management prior to their shore excursion to see what accommodations can be made."

I like his answer better!!

Jancruz1

Their Web Site, spells out their position on Liquor. Only Two bottles of Wine is permitted. We were on a Feb Cruise on the Journey. We actually seen where they removed Liqor from returning Guests, they were very polite about it and told them they would return it to them on the last day of the cruise.

I found their Wine selection and prices to be very Fair. Cost of Hard Liquor and Beer was a bit more than Pricy. Be prepared to pay upwards to 12.00 US for the Drink of your choice, plus a 18% Gratuity.

Hope this helps, we brought two bottles onto the ship w/no problems on embarkation.

"Mitch"

Archived