Oh hecky thump I just upgraded to the Royal Family Suite

Oooohh I am so excited as I have just snagged the Royal Family Suite 8394 on the Navigator of the Seas November Transatlantic :D

Please please can anyone give me some links to pics/reviews on this suite.

Yipppeeee bedroom & bathroom for Alex and bedroom & bathroom for me......yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:D:D:D:D:D

Oooohh I am so excited as I have just snagged the Royal Family Suite 8394 on the Navigator of the Seas November Transatlantic :D

Yipppeeee bedroom & bathroom for Alex and bedroom & bathroom for me......yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Liz,

CONGRATULATIONS..... lucky you.

Lucky you!!! You're going to love it. We had a stern RFS on the Grandeur and it was fantastic. Set up is different from the Navigator, but similar. I do have pics in my webshots album in my signature. There are also pics of 8394 on the Navigator on cruisestateroom.com, but you have to join to see them.

We were able to use the balcony the entire cruise, even when there were very strong winds.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy all that room and the big balcony!

Jackie

What the heck does 'Hecky Thump' mean? Or is that something us Yanks wouldn't understand?

Enjoy your cruise and that wonderful suite!

What the heck does 'Hecky Thump' mean? Or is that something us Yanks wouldn't understand?

Enjoy your cruise and that wonderful suite!

Hecky thump (or 'ecky thump) is a north of England expression,usually used in an exclamation of surprise or disbelief of something amazing :D

It was used by The Goodies in their TV series many years ago.

Thanks everyone for your congrats.:D

I was so surprised that this suite was available and able to book with only two people. This sailing had up to JS showing as available even after a recent price drop so I think RCCL decided to show more suites online in hope they would get some more bookings.

It will be great to relax and recharge after a busy/hard summer at work before we arrive in Miami then head to FLL and then our B2B on Oasis.

I just told my son Alex about the suite and how we dont need to go to the dining room at night...we can sit in our robes and have dinner in the suite if we want....being a 20yr old who doesnt like getting dressed up, he loves this idea :D

Enjoy the RFS, It's usually held for at least 4 people. We did a RFS one time and enjoyed the space and the large balcony, but didn't like that cabins above looked right down on us. We did need to complain a few times to get the dirt that settled on the balcony from the stacks cleaned off. Wife & kids didn't like the view, since it was only what was behind us. I didn't care for how far I had to travel to get anywhere onboard.

We had this exact room on the Navigator Transatlantic in April! We REALLY liked it.

Never had issues with the dirty balcony like we had read, and yeah it was a long walk to/from the cabin, but it was good to get a little exercise for those two weeks!

I'm so spoiled now by that extra space, it was amazing. We didn't feel like we got treated as well as they say they'll treat Suite Guests, but I think a big problem was the amount of Diamond and Diamond Plus people that were on that cruise using up a lot of the concierges time. I think with the new policies in place you may get more attention this fall.

We had this exact room on the Navigator Transatlantic in April! We REALLY liked it.

Never had issues with the dirty balcony like we had read, and yeah it was a long walk to/from the cabin, but it was good to get a little exercise for those two weeks!

I'm so spoiled now by that extra space, it was amazing. We didn't feel like we got treated as well as they say they'll treat Suite Guests, but I think a big problem was the amount of Diamond and Diamond Plus people that were on that cruise using up a lot of the concierges time. I think with the new policies in place you may get more attention this fall.

Thank you so much for your post..I was hoping someone who had had this suite would post :D

Getting more/less attention doesnt bother me...I am just really happy we will have extra space in which we can do our own thing so to speak, without disturbing each other :)

Do you have any pics you could show me please?

I don't know if I can find my pics but stayed in the RFS on either the explorer or the navigator (it was several years ago so not sure which one it was, we have been on both though) it was WONDERFUL. The kids had their own bedroom (like a small inside cabin, but fine for them) they had their own bathroom. wonderful sitting area, table w/4 chairs to eat at, sofa/chair bar area if I remember correctly, our room was amazing balcony extended to off our room as well. Plenty of room, as was an upgrade as well and we got totally spoiled by it!!

Wendy

Elizanessie: Oh hecky thump I just upgraded to the Royal Family Suite

I saw your post the other day when you were looking at that suite. ;)

That is great news to read that you got it. ;)

Does that mean I have to call you "Queen Liz" on here from now on? And of course, "Sir Alex".

Thank you so much for your post..I was hoping someone who had had this suite would post :D

Getting more/less attention doesnt bother me...I am just really happy we will have extra space in which we can do our own thing so to speak, without disturbing each other :)

Do you have any pics you could show me please?

We actually travel for a living, and this was an actual 'vacation' so we didn't take much. There are a few pictures of the Balcony and general trip stuff here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50334

But the cabin is pretty much as described by others. Small hallway when you walk in, little room to your left, living room straight ahead, Master bedroom and bathroom to your right, past the 'guest bathroom'. There was also a giant bonus closet that I didn't know about! Way too much storage even for 14 days! I had to check so many drawers on our last night! Felt a bit old and dated (old school tv and stereo/dvd systems) but still, so much room just to walk around and hang out!

Alphakitty, I just clicked on your link saying 'we won a cruise'...

How exciting and wonderful for you both! Enjoy!!!

Jackie

HiYa angeljt :) thanks! We went last year in April to London and Southampton for the Pre Inaugural of Independence of the Seas. We did enjoy it a lot! :)

Hecky thump (or 'ecky thump) is a north of England expression,usually used in an exclamation of surprise or disbelief of something amazing :D

By 'ecky thump Liz, well done from a true Northerner! Have a great time.

HiYa angeljt :) thanks! We went last year in April to London and Southampton for the Pre Inaugural of Independence of the Seas. We did enjoy it a lot! :)

Ha ha ha.. I think it's Monday morning in my brain! :eek: I read the article and missed that. I'm glad you did enjoy it!

Jackie

Enjoy the RFS, It's usually held for at least 4 people. We did a RFS one time and enjoyed the space and the large balcony, but didn't like that cabins above looked right down on us. We did need to complain a few times to get the dirt that settled on the balcony from the stacks cleaned off. Wife & kids didn't like the view, since it was only what was behind us. I didn't care for how far I had to travel to get anywhere onboard.

Oh so you really liked it then................remember a bad day on a cruise is always better than a good day at work.

Can we have the M&M in your room???? At least can we all have a tour?

Gail and Dean

Thanks for the congrats and links to pics:D...loved seeing the balcony sharktums :D

Pat(Alexis) nah plain old "Liz" will do fine thanks :D Cant answer for Alex of course :D kids :rolleyes:

Hey ChipLondon...so you finally booked then? Would be great to have you join us on the roll call :D

Archived