Carnival Discontinuing "Welcome Home" Credit

Lilmatcat

The following information was posted on John Heald's blog to explain the discontinuation of the Welcome Home incentive (where you got the $50 credit for booking within 60 days of your last sail on Carnival).

A few days ago I was asked to confirm what the Welcome Home Credit was and so after some investigation by my friend Vance in PR here is the explanation and details.

The Welcome Home program was designed to provide an incentive for guests to book another “Fun Ship” cruise by providing a $50 discount per cabin when making a new Carnival cruise reservation. However, with the introduction of new Early Saver program – which offers substantial savings — up to 30% off –and comes with a rate protection guarantee, we have discontinued the Welcome Home promotion. The Welcome Home promotion will continue to be honored until August 9, 2009.

I think it's unfortunate, because not everyone books with and thereby gets to take advantage of Early Saver rates -- like those who book with the CC group cruises, for example.

It would be nice if they kept the Welcome Home credit in place, but said it is not combinable with Early Saver rates.

I think it's unfortunate, because not everyone books with and thereby gets to take advantage of Early Saver rates -- like those who book with the CC group cruises, for example.

It would be nice if they kept the Welcome Home credit in place, but said it is not combinable with Early Saver rates.

I think that was one of the drivers here... LOTS of folks got POd when they couldn't combine the Welcome Home credit with the ES...

There's so many promotions and rates out there it's tough to keep up...

:(

I think that was one of the drivers here... LOTS of folks got POd when they couldn't combine the Welcome Home credit with the ES...

Ain't that the truth... lol!!

I think there is some confusion here. The welcome back has always been combinable with ES. Its not combinable with next cruise certificates, which you may be thinking of.

I think there is some confusion here. The welcome back has always been combinable with ES. Its not combinable with next cruise certificates, which you may be thinking of.

:)

Thanks much for the info...

Just saved $100 back to back ($25pp per sailing) on my 1/21, 1/25 Destiny.

Yes, they combined it with early saver...and is also not considered in the price match feature.:)

Just hope I won't have to change or cancel.

Mike

My understanding is that it has to be USED by aug. Or am I wrong and it just has to be applied before then for any sailing that's able to be booked (say next summer). Also, do I have to wait for a letter or is there a way to get the credit w/o a letter?

My understanding is that it has to be USED by aug. Or am I wrong and it just has to be applied before then for any sailing that's able to be booked (say next summer). Also, do I have to wait for a letter or is there a way to get the credit w/o a letter?

Right, as the above posters state they are using it now for future cruises. I have one booked for Jan 2011 that is ES and has the $50 credit off.

Ok cool. will I have to wait for the letter or can it be applied w/o it?

Iv only gotten it thru my PVP, my TA never gave it to me. One of the reasons to book direct??!! She offered it before I even asked, but you dont need the email, just ask.

:)

Thanks much for the info...

Just saved $100 back to back ($25pp per sailing) on my 1/21, 1/25 Destiny.

Yes, they combined it with early saver...and is also not considered in the price match feature.:)

Just hope I won't have to change or cancel.

Mike

Well:( CCL's customer service just denied Welcome Home credit for one of the 2 cruises for the $25 pp, oh well...........

Mike

Well:( CCL's customer service just denied Welcome Home credit for one of the 2 cruises for the $25 pp, oh well...........

Mike

You only get one credit per person for booking within 60 days, so maybe that was why? (I know because I assumed you could get welcome back credits on any cruises booked within the 60 days, wrong).

Now I am confused. I booked a CC cruise for 11/06/10 on the Dream. I booked it within 60 days of my last cruise. I was told by Johna that I have it applied towards this Dream cruise. Now will I lose it because the cruise is after August or will I keep it because I applied for it before August?

Mike

Hmmm interesting.. on our B2B on the Destiny we got the $50 per cabin on both cruises..my reasoning was I was using mine on the 1st half and my SO was using his on the back half.. my PVP agreed and somehow got it approved.. :confused:;) I guess we were lucky.

Now I am confused. I booked a CC cruise for 11/06/10 on the Dream. I booked it within 60 days of my last cruise. I was told by Johna that I have it applied towards this Dream cruise. Now will I lose it because the cruise is after August or will I keep it because I applied for it before August?

You will keep it.. it has to be applied before August 9th.

Too bad they can't leave the WB credit but make it clear that it cannot be combined with ES, because of the already deep discount.

Some people just don't know what could happen down the road and aren't comfortable with not being refundable in case they have to cancel, so it's just not right for "everyone"

I just went through the Welcome back thing with CCL. It cannot be combined with the Future Cruise deal. But, the Future Cruise deal ($100 down payment. $100 OBC) is allowed with ES. I just booked this way less than two months ago. :rolleyes:

I just went through the Welcome back thing with CCL. It cannot be combined with the Future Cruise deal. But, the Future Cruise deal ($100 down payment. $100 OBC) is allowed with ES. I just booked this way less than two months ago. :rolleyes:

yes, thats what I said above, that I had combined them.

Actually you only get $100 OBC on a 7 day, its $50 OBC on a 5 day, $75 on a 6 day. So on a 5 day like I often book like Ecstasy I preferred the $50 Welcome Back to the $50 OBC from mailing in a certificate. both are worth $50 on a 5 day.

Archived