Guarantee???

choochella

This is a first for us. We just booked (a little late), and our category is not available. We had to book a guarantee. Has anyone ever booked a guarantee, and either A: received the category you requested, or B: received an upgrade. If an upgrade, from where to where? We are booked on a category II, which is the highest inside you can book. We normally like the insides on the Lido deck, because we like being on the same deck as the pool. I know that the next category would be an oceanview obstructed, but really wouldn't want that. I know that cabins will open once final payment is due, but I'd like to get an idea of what others may have been offered.

Last year I booked a january cruise on the Sapphire as a lowest fare balcony guarantee and got an upgrade to a top balcony on Lido deck. The same ha happened this year on my CB cruise in December. I am again upgraded to a BA cbin on Lido. I love being so close to the pools and the food . And the view is fabulous

You may get a cabin in II or you may be upgraded, probablyto an obstructed view since that is the next up the line. Occasionally, people get upgraded from a low category to a balony or even a mini. It doesn't happen often, but it can.

choochella,

A Guarantee is a nice way to keep your cost basis down.

What ever is selected for youall be happy as any cabin is better than a hammock ..eh.. (LoL)..

The lowest would be the one you selected in your current booking..

The Highest...well thats may be ( not usually) the most costly cabin aboard..

IMHO I think it is great the Cruise Lines do give UpGRades so as to capture the Captive.. Cruisers desires and puts that seed of thought inside for the next one.. This is one way they created such a market for the Balconies too... I remember the days when none were availabe.

Even on one ship with a B 2 B we had the nicest cabin (suite) aboard her..but.. the maintain area was in severe need of UpGrades.. ((LOL))

21 light fixtures and needed a lot of lightbulbs...etc...

That UP+Grade Wizard and/or Fairy is constantly at work .,...eh...

But what ever you do obtain ..

Have a wonderful cruise!:cool:

This is a first for us. We just booked (a little late), and our category is not available. We had to book a guarantee. Has anyone ever booked a guarantee, and either A: received the category you requested, or B: received an upgrade. If an upgrade, from where to where? We are booked on a category II, which is the highest inside you can book. We normally like the insides on the Lido deck, because we like being on the same deck as the pool. I know that the next category would be an oceanview obstructed, but really wouldn't want that. I know that cabins will open once final payment is due, but I'd like to get an idea of what others may have been offered.

Did you want to book an inside? If so, why II? Which cat did you want and why didn't you waitlist on that one?

choochella,

A Guarantee is a nice way to keep your cost basis down.

What ever is selected for youall be happy as any cabin is better than a hammock ..eh.. (LoL)..

The lowest would be the one you selected in your current booking..

The Highest...well thats may be ( not usually) the most costly cabin aboard..

IMHO I think it is great the Cruise Lines do give UpGRades so as to capture the Captive.. Cruisers desires and puts that seed of thought inside for the next one.. This is one way they created such a market for the Balconies too... I remember the days when none were availabe.

Even on one ship with a B 2 B we had the nicest cabin (suite) aboard her..but.. the maintain area was in severe need of UpGrades.. ((LOL))

21 light fixtures and needed a lot of lightbulbs...etc...

That UP+Grade Wizard and/or Fairy is constantly at work .,...eh...

But what ever you do obtain ..

Have a wonderful cruise!:cool:

AA you have got to be a Canadian, eh....

Did you want to book an inside? If so, why II? Which cat did you want and why didn't you waitlist on that one?

Pia, we always normally book an II inside. And, normally book on the Lido deck. So, that's why we booked a guarantee for that category. We were just hoping that when final payment was due that possibly some of these cabins might become available. I know we could probably have saved some $$ by booking a guarantee on a lower category, but was hoping that some of these II cabins would open up. No biggie for us, but I was just curious what others may have gotten by booking a guarantee. So far, I haven't seen any replies where someone booked a guarantee in II.

Karen

Make sure you're aware that you aren't "offered" a cabin - you're "assigned" a cabin that you're (generally) stuck with. If you specifically booked an Inside II guarantee, you won't get anything less, but you could get that Category or ANY higher Category. Also, you assignment could be shortly or could be as late as check-in, but normally 30 to 60 days out. ken

In May I booked a BG guarentee for a November cruise on the Crown and within about three weeks was upgraded to a BA. I was very happy with the cabin they gave us mid ship on the Caribe deck

We had the exact same things happen for our January 2010 Emerald Cruise - booked a Balcony guarantee and got a BA on the Caribe deck!

Pia, we always normally book an II inside. And, normally book on the Lido deck. So, that's why we booked a guarantee for that category. We were just hoping that when final payment was due that possibly some of these cabins might become available. I know we could probably have saved some $$ by booking a guarantee on a lower category, but was hoping that some of these II cabins would open up. No biggie for us, but I was just curious what others may have gotten by booking a guarantee. So far, I haven't seen any replies where someone booked a guarantee in II.

Karen

OK. I understand. You really like the II. That being the case, I think you may end up with an outside obstructed, since that's the reason most people would have booked the highest cat. of inside; to get an outside obstructed or better. Good luck.

every time i've booked a guarantee inside i've always been upgraded to a different category in either inside or up to an outside...be prepared not to get the II category you booked...

but you did say it's before final payment so hopefully you can change to a confirmed cabin by then in that category

I have blessed by the upgrade fairly almost every cruise. I booked an AD mini in Nov and got a AA. I recently booked an HH and got an F cabin. I booked my family for inside cabins in Nov and got decent OBS cabins. All the above bookings have been Guaranty for that category. Maybe I am just lucky.

I have blessed by the upgrade fairly almost every cruise. I booked an AD mini in Nov and got a AA. I recently booked an HH and got an F cabin. I booked my family for inside cabins in Nov and got decent OBS cabins. All the above bookings have been Guaranty for that category. Maybe I am just lucky.

Wow. Lucky for you indeed!!

We will be happy with whatever cabin we're assigned. Just hoping that maybe, just maybe an II might open up after final booking. But, we would be happy with an OV. We normally always book an II when those cabins are available, but we waited too long to book this cruise. We thought that friends of ours were getting married over Halloween in Las Vegas. They haven't set a date yet, so we didn't want to wait around.

We have only been upgraded once. Normally, we pick our cabin, but this particular cruise sold out almost immediately. We booked a guarantee inside and was upgraded to the far aft outside on the Aloha deck. It was nice having some daylight in our room, but the "window", or actually porthole was very deep in the back of the ship. You had to stand on the bed to see out the window.

I just checked our personalizer, and no cabin has been assigned. I'm guessing nothing is going to happen until final payment is due. We'll see.

Wow. Lucky for you indeed!!

We will be happy with whatever cabin we're assigned. Just hoping that maybe, just maybe an II might open up after final booking. But, we would be happy with an OV. We normally always book an II when those cabins are available, but we waited too long to book this cruise. We thought that friends of ours were getting married over Halloween in Las Vegas. They haven't set a date yet, so we didn't want to wait around.

We have only been upgraded once. Normally, we pick our cabin, but this particular cruise sold out almost immediately. We booked a guarantee inside and was upgraded to the far aft outside on the Aloha deck. It was nice having some daylight in our room, but the "window", or actually porthole was very deep in the back of the ship. You had to stand on the bed to see out the window.

I just checked our personalizer, and no cabin has been assigned. I'm guessing nothing is going to happen until final payment is due. We'll see.

We changed from a specific cabin to a minisuite guarantee the begginning of May for an 8/12/09 cruise. Final payment was due the end of May, and we're still waiting. I hear we may not get our cabin assignment until we get to the dock.

We just have to wait - however there are no bad minisuites. - not worried as I've been assured that I will receive minisuite even though they are sold out.

We changed from a specific cabin to a minisuite guarantee the begginning of May for an 8/12/09 cruise. Final payment was due the end of May, and we're still waiting. I hear we may not get our cabin assignment until we get to the dock.

We just have to wait - however there are no bad minisuites. - not worried as I've been assured that I will receive minisuite even though they are sold out.

Keep me updated if you receive your cabin assignment before you leave. I'm curious. Although, your category is definitely a lot higher than ours.

I'm guessing no one has done an II guarantee??????:confused::confused:

Our last cruise was a JJ guarantee. One day I noticed that OV were now going for the same price as the inside. I called my TA and asked if we could have an OV since they were now the same price. She said that those were obstructed view but she had a nice OV with a large window that she would upgrade us to for no extra charge. That was a great upgrade. Sometimes you have to be proactive and ask, all she could do was say no . We were so happy with the light in our room.

Watch the prices and if you see them drop contact your TA and see what can be done and maybe it is just a small difference in $$$.

But, if you love a certain deck you may have to be flexable on location to upgrade.

I'd like to get an idea of what others may have been offered.

I got a huge present from the upgrade fairy on my last transatlantic -- booked an inside (category J, I think?) and got -- a balcony. I think my previous profligate spending onboard might have had something to do with it. :D

Caro

Hi, guys, Roseann here from last October's Halloween cruise. I'm surprised to see you decided to do the Halloween cruise again; I thought last year's changed your mind! ;) :D

So far, no Caribbean cruise this year; although I'm hoping to find someone to cruise with in December. At the end of summer, I'm going on the Canada/NewEngland cruise on Caribbean Princess. I plan to eat my way through New England, dining on lobster and steamers. Mmmm, mmmm, can't wait!

I've book guarantees many times and it seems that if I book a lower category in my chosen cabin type, I'll get an upgrade to a higher category in that same type. Only once have I gone to a different type cabin and that's when I booked an inside guarantee and got upgraded to an obstructed view. That was many years ago though; the upgrade fairy doesn't visit me--though I keep hoping!

Have a great trip! Hope to cruise with you again some day.

Cheers,

Roseann

What all you people posting about upgrades do not understand, is that the OP WANTS an II. She doesn't want an outside or a balcony. She wants her inside II in a specific location.

Pia, you are correct. However, at this point we would take whatever we get. It was our fault for booking so late. I was just curious to see if anyone ever booked an II guarantee and was able to GET an II. But, thinking about it now, a balcony would be great. :D But, I know that won't happen.

Karen

Archived