Freedom of the Seas 6/14-6/21-Best Family Vacation on Earth!

Great pictures! We leave this weekend, so, I am enjoying these. Do you mind telling me what time you arrived at the pier since you said there was no line?

Thank you!

It was just shy of 11:00 am. We waited about 30 minutes after check in prior to boarding...

Another picture review!!! :D Thanks! And was it really 108 at Cape Canaveral during departure?!?! :eek: Can't wait for the rest of the review!!! On another note, The Sensation looks UGLY! Why did Carnival have to add those ugly looking balconies!

My husband and I got a chance to sneak away for a drink in the Diamond Lounge. Unfortunately, we did not get to spend a lot of time with Amit, the Diamond Concierge. Amit said there were not many Diamond Members on our cruise.

It’s difficult to enjoy the lounge when you are traveling with your minor children. Typically during 5:30 and 8:30pm we spent dining with our children and doing family activities! Nevertheless, I enjoyed the wine and Amit’s company!

Speaking of Diamond benefits, we received this on the first sea day! I am not sure if this is normal or not, this was our first Diamond cruise. It was a nice surprise!

PICT0109.jpg

Another picture review!!! :D Thanks! And was it really 108 at Cape Canaveral during departure?!?! :eek: Can't wait for the rest of the review!!! On another note, The Sensation looks UGLY! Why did Carnival have to add those ugly looking balconies!
Yup! Heat Wave!:eek: You know how everyone is usually on the top deck at sail away? They weren't there!:p I think they were in the Promenade!

Day 3-Sea Day

The heat got to us or the Coco Locos!

Our official meet and mingle was being held at 10:15 in Olive or Twist.

So I got up at 9:30 (THAT is late for us!!!!) and I went to use the rest room and SQUISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, a flood!

Within 15 minutes maintenance was taking apart the pipes from the outside and fixed the problem. It was impressive how quickly and easily the staff fixed the problem. If this happened at home, I would still be waiting for the plumber! LOL!

Unfortunately, we missed the Meet and Mingle-which I was looking forward to for over a year.

We went Ice Skating that day which was a blast and refreshing to not sweat for the first time in 3 days! I was happy about the “open skate” times on Freedom. On our last couple of cruises the open skating times were for 45 minutes and usually during an inconvenient times! Bravo!

PICT0098-1.jpg

102_2053.jpg

Of course, we spent a lot of time by the pools. We felt the ship was extremely crowded, especially in the Windjammer. There were massive lines on the Sea Days! We decided to skip it the rest of the cruise. The Dining Room lunch was awesome and I particularly liked the Salad Bar! The kid’s spent a lot of time of Flowrider as well.

102_2081.jpg

Day 4-St Thomas- We arrived in St Thomas a little early! The small Captain on the big ship was speeding!!!!!!!

It was 1,000-degrees today!

We took the lifts up to Paradise Point, went to Coki Beach and Coral World all on our own. Adult tickets are $18 and kid’s are $9 for Paradise Point. Coral World tickets are $60 for a family day pass if you order them on line. It’s $75 if you purchase them at the door! OUCH!

First Stop, Paradise Point!

102_1963.jpg

The room: Originally we booked a D1 stateroom, however, after some price drops and a resident discount; we upgraded to a Junior Suite. Our room was 9284, forward.

We were somewhat close to you, 9228, 9230 and 9232. We got to do the muster drill in the air conditioned comfort of Pharaoh's Palace.

World Famous Bushwhacker

102_1959-1.jpg

After sweating the rest of our bushwhacker’s off, we went over to Coral World Park and Coki Beach. 102_2001.jpg Coki was very crowded. It was odd since we were the only ship in port that day! We went to Sapphire last year and really loved the beauty of the beach and how quiet it was!

Ahhh...! Who did you tip? :D;) It was HOT!! Did portside get special treatment???

Money talks:D...

I agree Cococay was hot. I think I drank 10 cups of fruit punch in a row. I went back to the ship early with my son. My wife craves the sun. The BBQ on the beach was kind of unappetizing with horde of flies all over the food. The staff was fighting a lost cause waving paper plates to keep them off.

I was looking at your pool pictures to see if we were in it. Some of our group might be in it but it's too fuzzy to tell for sure.:)

It was our first cruise and we had a blast. We are already planning our next one for the Oasis.

Archived