Freedom of the Seas 6/14-6/21-Best Family Vacation on Earth!

Freedom of the Seas 6/14/09-Best Family Vacation on Earth

Hello everyone!

Just back from Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral to CoCo Cay, St Thomas, & St Maarten. We had a wonderful family vacation and wanted to share it with all of you!

I love reviews with photos so I’m including the best ones, the worst ones, and the funny ones!!!!!

There is so much to do aboard this ship! We laughed the entire week and tried to do as much as possible!

First about us, the characters! It was me, Theresa, my husband, and our daughter age 9 and our son age 15!

This was our 14th cruise and 7th with Royal Caribbean!

With us the World’s Smallest Captain, 1000 kids, 3200 other cruisers, 100-degree temperatures, and a flood! It was our favorite vacation and the most adventurous on board experience!

(Goofy Teen)

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

After dropping off our bags (all 6 of them) with the Porter for a “small donation” we parked the car for $15 per day.

We checked in!

This was by far the easiest, fastest check in process on ever!!!! It quickly became our favorite Embarkation port! No outside lines anywhere!

First stop, Deck 5. 102_2067.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

Did I mention that it was 108-degrees? After just about melting we met some cruise critic folks at the Sky Bar. Carvell, the bartender, makes the best drinks on Earth! :D

Other ships in port with us that day was the Disney Wonder.

102_1881-1.jpg

And the Carnival Sensation

102_1880.jpg

My son is 11, so I assume he would be in the same age group as your 9 year old. Might you have the daily schedule for the kids club? If so would you post them or email them to me at MCazer@xxxaol.com. (minus the xxx's)

would really appreciate it. I already got the ones for my 13 year old daughter.

Thanks!

Oh, what excursions did you do?

My son is 11, so I assume he would be in the same age group as your 9 year old. Might you have the daily schedule for the kids club? If so would you post them or email them to me at MCazer@xxxaol.com. (minus the xxx's)

would really appreciate it. I already got the ones for my 13 year old daughter.

Thanks!

Oh, what excursions did you do?

Stay tuned for excursions...! I do have the daily 9-11 year old compasses, I'll send after I finish posting the rest of the review...!

The temperature was at the 110-degree mark by now so that meant time for muster! We joined the other 4,196 people sweltering outside to muster.

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

As I’m sure you know, you cannot move in these life vests!

For some reason, my kid’s thought the above was a funny picture! (I took this holding the camera up in the air!) As you can see, my husband did not think it was a good idea! LOL!

I was officially Mike Wazowski from Monster’s Inc. I earned the honorary title of Mom Wazowski the rest of my life! (Mike Wazowski is a one-eye monster, just in case you were wondering!)

Meanwhile, back at the room, our five suitcases were proudly waiting for us after muster with the exception of my son’s LARGEST suitcase on Earth!!!!!!!!!!!! You could transport a large body or a small semi truck with no problems. :eek:

This is where we fell in love……….We met the room steward, Hansen! He was the best steward on EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I proudly nicknamed him HANDSOME and it stuck for the remainder of the week. I had some of our neighbors calling him that as well!:D

f258pg.jpg

Thank you so much for the photos and information. We've been debating on a December 2009 cruise--Independence of the Seas or Voyager of the Seas. I believe Independence has one out!

Thank you so much for the photos and information. We've been debating on a December 2009 cruise--Independence of the Seas or Voyager of the Seas. I believe Independence has one out!

Enjoyed the pics - thanks for posting them.
Voyager and Navigator will still remain favorites to my husband and I. Our kid's will always want the H20 zone and Flow Rider!!:D

Absolutely. Just bare with me and you'll have it. They are all scanned in....;)

Absolutely no rush at all. I'm sorry if I appeared pushy. I'm just so excited to get it before my cruise. Do you also have the complete compasses scanned for each day. It's been nearly impossible to get those.

Knuckles

Absolutely no rush at all. I'm sorry if I appeared pushy. I'm just so excited to get it before my cruise. Do you also have the complete compasses scanned for each day. It's been nearly impossible to get those.

Knuckles

No apology necessary. This is the first time my daughter was in the 9-11 year old group..so I understand completely!;) Yes, I do have the daily compasses scanned as well. I can email those as well.

Dinner: We decided on My Time Dining for this cruise and I am so thankful we did! We loved the convenience of being able to do what we wanted and eat when we wanted!

My Time Family Dining was not available for our sailing and should be rolling out in July.

The only issue we experienced is when we chose to eat around 6:30pm. We were seated next to the main seating folks and it threw off their entire dinner service. The My Time tables are not numbered and the main/second seating tables are.

The service was excellent, as always. We ended up with the same staff for My Time Dining!

Food-subjective! Some dishes were outstanding and some were just so-so. Most of the Chef’s recommendations were delicious!

Loved the sandwiches in Café Promenade and the salads in Sorrento’s! No complaints here:

102_1905.jpg

Archived