Does the fact that the Dawn was hit by a rough wave several years ago freek you out?

Gingee

Does the fact that a rough wave hit the Dawn several years ago freak you out? In other words, it it a doomed or something like that ship? Does it bother you about going on this ship? I know it sounds silly but I thought I would ask.

Can't imagine why, a rogue wave could have hit any ship, Dawn just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When it's my time to go, it's my time. I can only hope I'm doing what I love.........cruising........when it happens!

wasn't the 1st time a rogue wave hit a cruise ship...

but, no, worrying about a freak of nature is just adding to what i really have to worry about.

if you are going to worry about anything, worry about fires on a ship.

besides, you could travel that exact same route for years and years and never find a rogue wave again. (that's why it's called "rogue")

Does the fact that a rough wave hit the Dawn several years ago freak you out? In other words, it it a doomed or something like that ship? Does it bother you about going on this ship? I know it sounds silly but I thought I would ask.

You're right: It sounds silly.

Can't imagine why, a rogue wave could have hit any ship, Dawn just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When it's my time to go, it's my time. I can only hope I'm doing what I love.........cruising........when it happens!

I have to agree , If ya gotta go what better way . :D

Exactly how I feel. Perfect post. 8-)

If you believe in statistics the chances of the Dawn getting hit by a rouge wave twice has to be pretty low. I think we are good!!!:)

Now as for people going over board -- that is a different story. :eek: I am going to use my bungie cord and life preserver when I walk on the railing!! Safety first!!! LOL :D

the rougher the better! (oh wait...we're talking about cruising) :D

and as far as the Dawn goes...wouldn't bother me. DW and i sailed her last June.

Imagine you were in the midst of marital relations when the wave hit, the misses would think you were a God. While you did not make the Earth move, ya made one heck of a large ship move. :rolleyes:

Imagine you were in the midst of marital relations when the wave hit, the misses would think you were a God. While you did not make the Earth move, ya made one heck of a large ship move. :rolleyes:

Oh MY!:eek:

We were on the Dawn not too long after the wave hit. I would cruise on her again in a heartbeat. We were also on the RCCL Grandeur the week after she tore a huge gash in the side when she hit the dock in Costa Maya. I was a little nervous about that, but no problem:D

:eek: LOL

DS sails about 300+ days a year. Times about 8 years total. So figure about 2400 days at sea. Not a single rouge wave to be seen.

I wouldn't worry. The odds of it happening are pretty small.

:eek: LOL

DS sails about 300+ days a year. Times about 8 years total. So figure about 2400 days at sea. Not a single rouge wave to be seen.

I wouldn't worry. The odds of it happening are pretty small.

Not only that, when was the last time anyone heard of a ship sinking after being hit by a rogue wave?;)

Not only that, when was the last time anyone heard of a ship sinking after being hit by a rogue wave?;)

Actually I recently watched a documentary on the Oceanos which was sunk by a rogue wave off the coast of Africa in 1991.

The show was called Cruise Ship Rescue. I was floored by the events that happened. Luckily (amazingly) no one was drowned.

And how many sailings has the Dawn been on since the wave hit? Any of them affected??

It's very name -- rogue -- suggest that it was a very unusual very rarely-occurring event. It wouldn't even occur to me to be concerned.

If you are worried about a rogue wave, I find it hard to believe you would leave your house.....

Hmm....where do YOU live? Where I live, any wave that hit me as I left my house would have be be REALLY rogue! :eek:

hehehehe...i'm thinking i should get a water bed for our house. then maybe a pullcord like that dancer in the movie Flashdance. :eek:

If you are worried about a rogue wave, I find it hard to believe you would leave your house..... Too many ifs out there to leave your cocoon.....

Are you afraid to sleep in your bed knowing the monster lives under it?

OH I KNOW THAT MONSTER/GHOST!!!

ghost_under_bed_sm.jpg

Archived