Just off the Imagination...and wow.

umwife11

Have to say...it was one of the more enjoyable Carnival cruises we've taken in a while.

I'm sure our accommodations had something to do with it...as did the fact it was my first platinum cruise. But I really thought it was a wonderful week.

Service was better than we had on the Destiny; food was great. Entertainment--I've become a little cynical with the last few cruises we've been on, but we really had a great time this week. The shows were good and the comedian (Allyn Ball) was AWESOME!

As to the ports--we're from SoFla, so we can take or leave Key West...but it was wonderful to go back to Coz. We spoke to quite a few of the locals and they are thrilled as can be that Carnival and all the other lines are back to Mexican ports. One of our taxi drivers actually said he had to put his house up for sale because they couldn't cover the mortgage after he went a month and a half without working. Needless to say--everyone we met in Coz--at the beaches, at restaurants, shops--was beyond nice and even there, service was top-notch.

I admit--I'd been a little worried about sailing on a "smaller" ship, but I found I really enjoyed it. Less crowds, fewer waits...we just really relaxed here more than we have on some of our past cruises.

The only drawback was that it was the first time we really noticed the dining room staff cutbacks. Our poor waiter had two tables of 10+ passengers---he and his assistant ALWAYS looked harried and stressed out.

But other than that...absolutely no complaints.

I've become a believer of the smaller ships.

We brought our parents and in-laws with us on the Imagination a few years ago, and I was a bit skeptical since my parent's previous cruise had been the 12 night Mediterranean on the Carnival Liberty when it was brand new. To my surprise, my parents said that the Imagination was better than the Liberty in several aspects and they had a wonderful time.

The following year, I sailed on Carnival's smallest and oldest ship, the Holiday. Talk about being skeptical! I was even more surprised this time. We had a WONDERFUL time as well. Yes, the ship didn't have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but the service, friendly staff, short lines, and overall relaxing atomsphere made for a great cruise.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed this sailing and ship so much...I finally convinced my sister; b-i-l and niece to give a cruising a try and they requested that I look for a 3-4 dayer and it had to be after the end of June because of school....so I am going along to room with my niece and we are sailing with the Imagination on 7/6! I've been hoping that since this is one of the smaller and older Carnival ships that it would not disappoint since I'd love it if they would come to enjoy cruising as much as I do. I really would have preferred at least a 7 day sailing since it would give them the chance for an extra port or two...but they were only willing to try a short one...so I hope they will also enjoy it as much as you did. Thanks for posting!

Glad that you had a great time. We will be boarding her on Monday and can not wait.

We have been to Cozumel a couple of times already, but never that late. How did you find it to be, being there until 10 pm?

Glad that you had a great time. We will be boarding her on Monday and can not wait.

We have been to Cozumel a couple of times already, but never that late. How did you find it to be, being there until 10 pm?

We really enjoyed the late arrival into Coz. For us, this cruise was all about relaxation. We were both burnt out and wanted to just r-e-l-a-x since we know we'll be busy and doing lots of sightseeing in the MR next month. So the late arrival into Coz fit perfectly--we slept in, had breakfast and then got a quick workout in before leaving the ship.

Went to the beach, went back to the ship, changed out of our bathing suits and headed to Carlos & Charlie's for dinner (cheesy and touristy, yes, but we love it...).

We got back right to the pier at 9:30....so I definitely had no problems with the late arrival and the late stay. We did miss dinner in the dining room that night, but that was our choice. We saw plenty of people coming back to the ship in time for dinner after an afternoon of sightseeing.

Obviously, if people want to stay on the island and eat when they get back on board, that's possible too. We know they had a late-night Mexican deck party with Mexican food during sailaway. (We skipped out on that since we were still pretty full from C & Ch's.)

Have to say...it was one of the more enjoyable Carnival cruises we've taken in a while.

I'm sure our accommodations had something to do with it...as did the fact it was my first platinum cruise. But I really thought it was a wonderful week.

Service was better than we had on the Destiny; food was great. Entertainment--I've become a little cynical with the last few cruises we've been on, but we really had a great time this week. The shows were good and the comedian (Allyn Ball) was AWESOME!

As to the ports--we're from SoFla, so we can take or leave Key West...but it was wonderful to go back to Coz. We spoke to quite a few of the locals and they are thrilled as can be that Carnival and all the other lines are back to Mexican ports. One of our taxi drivers actually said he had to put his house up for sale because they couldn't cover the mortgage after he went a month and a half without working. Needless to say--everyone we met in Coz--at the beaches, at restaurants, shops--was beyond nice and even there, service was top-notch.

I admit--I'd been a little worried about sailing on a "smaller" ship, but I found I really enjoyed it. Less crowds, fewer waits...we just really relaxed here more than we have on some of our past cruises.

The only drawback was that it was the first time we really noticed the dining room staff cutbacks. Our poor waiter had two tables of 10+ passengers---he and his assistant ALWAYS looked harried and stressed out.

But other than that...absolutely no complaints.

We were getting off when you got on! We had a blast. Our dining room staff was great, friendly and only messed up on 2 items that I know of. (no big deal to us) We had a table of 10 and 6. One night the teens all ordered the WCMC and then 1 of every other dessert that night to share. Another night they ordered all the starters. The servers just laugh!!

Hello

Happy to here you as well enjoyed the imaginations!

I loved that ship and the service was fantastic as well. We found the ship to be very clean and well kept at all times.

The first time we were on her was for out 13th wedding anniversary, the second time was for out 14th wedding anniversary back in January of 2007.

Had nothing to compare it to we enjoyed it enough to go back the following year with some friends of ours.

January of 2010 we are sailing on CC Freedom for our 16th anniversary this time we have a balcony room and well become members of the balcony club:D

I remember sailing the Imagination in 2004 to Coz. Was the last cruise we enjoyed as a couple before we had kids....those were the days. We then sailed the C Legend to Panama/Costa Rica/Belize in Jan 2006....was very hot and rainy on that one. Looking to book a cruise for Sept/Oct 2010.....will prob either be Carnival Dream or RCI Freedom/Indy OTS.

We live in SW Florida so have had the opportunity to sail many times....mostly Fascination, because she was the mainstay weekend getaway from Miami.....but Imagination is her sister ship....we have sailed on her twice....this past Nov she had been upgraded...so she had the newer features....adults only serenity area, waterworks...etc.....

She looked just like the Fascination before here and the earlier Imagination to me...except for the two changes I mentioned...firstly when you are eating in the horizon bar and grill you are constantly bombarded with the noise from the waterworks above and the adult area is crowded and even though it had not been long after the refit...the lounges were ripped.....however............IMO....who really cares about the noise..the kids up top where having the time of their lives and we really just laughed about the noise and as for the adult only area...it was very nice when you did get the chance to hang out there.........

To me....being on a cruise is the best experience ever and YOU are the one that will make it or not.......there will always be something to annoy someone....but you are at sea and you are being pampered...and LIFE IS GOOD...if just for a few days......

Lee

i think it's so funny to hear the imagination described as a small ship...it shows how crazy the cruise industry has gotten in the last 10-15 yrs..:cool:

It's also kind of funny to hear people mention ships built in the 90's as the "old and small" ships. Since when is 10-15 years OLD for a ship? I remember my first real cruise.....1983 on Carnival's TSS Carnivale. That ship, at THAT TIME was already nearly 30 years old and was, by today's standards, TINY (I believe she has a displacement of about 25,000 GRT)....and the old lady is STILL sailing today! My how things change....there were no balconies, no patisseries, no specialty restaurants, no rock-climbing or flowriders, no central promenade (a promenade in those days was an enclosed walk along the exterior of the ship, not like walking through a mall), no ice-rinks, etc...... There was one dining room, single level, with no windows, and was located in the bowels of the ship. And for those that think today's cabins are small?? Puhlease.....the cabins on the Carnivale were so small....we had an inside for myself and my parents....there was a narrow walkway between the bunkbeds, and the ENTIRE bathroom was the size of a phone booth (the toilet, sink, etc would be soaked if you took a shower). Today's pax are really spoiled by the newer ships for sure.........but what can I say, I enjoy the newer ships too!:D

Archived