Price cut for single booking?

elkruiser

I heard that due to the economy and bookings being down that Princess was lowering their single fares . Are they now 150%? Anyone heard of this?

Carnival's single supplement is 150%.. Ken

I am going on Crown next week to Norway and I paid 150% and I booked it in August last year in fact most of the cruises in the Mediterranean 2009 brochure are 150% for single occupancy. I don't know if there has been any changes nothing on the Princess website about it. Regard's david737.

On my past cruise on the Emerald this past April, my fare was 150%. I just made a reservation for next May and that too is 150%. I consider this pretty reasonable as on past cruises through Atlantis Events the single suppliment was 200% & the deposit was $1k for an interior cabin.

I heard that due to the economy and bookings being down that Princess was lowering their single fares . Are they now 150%? Anyone heard of this?
Not true. :( The percent charged singles depends on whether it's an inside/oceanview or balcony/suite. I have several cruises booked over the next year and except for my riverboat cruise, my fare is 200% less the port and government fees as I've booked balcony cabins. I frequently cruise with my sister and brother-in-law so I know my fare compared to theirs. It's rare when a single gets a deal on Princess. :( I managed to get my riverboat cabin for "only" 150%.

if you have an inside or an OV, it is 150%, balconies, mini-suites, and above have always been 200%--if this has changed I would love to hear about it! I do hope its true! :)

Happy cruising!

VB1

Sorry to contradict, but I pd 200% for an OV on the upcoming Top of the World cruise! July 7th, 18 days.

Last year, I went on my first solo cruise in November and I just booked another for this fall. I sometimes cruise with others and sometimes solo if I can't find enough people who want to cruise with me. I've been fairly consistant in watching single occupancy fares out of curiousity. A lot of it depends on the category you choose and the time of year you want to go. The less popular months and the older ships seem to have lower single occupancy rates. You get lower rates by booking an inside for sure and sometimes an OV. Balcony and up are rarely less than 200%. I got my last year's cruise and this year's cruise for about 135%. I had an OV last year and took and inside this year. I'd certainly prefer a balcony, but I don't want to pay 200%. Of course, both of these cruises are at slow times of the year. So, there are deals out there on Princess if you look for them, but you have to be flexible.

Sorry to contradict, but I pd 200% for an OV on the upcoming Top of the World cruise! July 7th, 18 days.

we were looking to cruise princess in February and we had a single cruiser in our group. We were looking to book insides but the single cruiser pricing was 200%.

Ken,

Isn't CCL's 150% rate only for the cat 1A's?

Bill

Archived