Flying Iberia- give POSITIVE feedback

We will be flying Iberia airlines MAD to Venice and on return BCN to MIA via American FF miles. I did a google on Iberia airlines reviews and found nothing good, repeat NOTHING good:(. This being our first time in Europe I want it to go well. Looks like all AA flights are booked with ff miles so most likely stuck with Iberia. Can someone say something good about them (truthfully:)) please.

Here's a link to a thread on the Cruise Air forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=977949&highlight=iberia

To find other threads, go to the home page for that board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128, and click on "Search This Forum" (it's at the top right, under the page #) ... then search "Iberia" and other threads will show up.

I flew Iberia from Madrid-JFK in April (we flew JFK-Barcelona on an American Airlines plane; the whole flight was booked through Iberia but that leg was code-share with AA so I only have Iberia experience for one direction)

Our experience was fine - flight was on-time, friendly staff with fluent English, and great in-flight entertainment. The meal was horrible, so I'd plan on bringing snacks onboard if you are a picky eater. The seats (coach) were nothing special, but certainly comparable to coach seats on any other airline.

Maybe my experience was not the norm, but I have no complaints and would certainly fly them again if the price was right.

We fly Iberia from Malta-Madrid-JFK in business class eighteen months ago and had no issues. The first leg was very basic, while the TA leg was very nice. They had excellent wines and the food was quite good. The seats were comfortable and the service was ok.

We would fly them again.

Pat

We will be flying Iberia airlines MAD to Venice and on return BCN to MIA via American FF miles. I did a google on Iberia airlines reviews and found nothing good, repeat NOTHING good:(. This being our first time in Europe I want it to go well. Looks like all AA flights are booked with ff miles so most likely stuck with Iberia. Can someone say something good about them (truthfully:)) please.

Are you going on coach? If so, they give free wine ( at least on transatlantic flights).

Relax, it is an airline as any other. It has its good days and bad days. One thing I really dislike that unless you aare going in business/ first class you can't get a seat assignment in advance.

Are you going on coach? If so, they give free wine ( at least on transatlantic flights).

Relax, it is an airline as any other. It has its good days and bad days. One thing I really dislike that unless you aare going in business/ first class you can't get a seat assignment in advance.

I had the same concern as the OP. We will fly them Chicago to Madrid, then Madrid to Venice and the same in reverse on our return. It's nice to see at least a few good comments. We flew on Iberia 8 years ago and it was fine, but a lot can change in that amount of time so the negative reviews did have us concerned.

As for the above comment on not being able to get seat assignments in coach. We are in coach and that was not our exeperience with our current booking. I booked through the Iberia website and true, it did not give an option of choose seats there. I was pretty unhappy about that. However, I called the toll-free number, referenced our booking number and asked if I could get seat assignments. No problem. I was e-mailed a new confirmation that shows our seats. I also looked up our booking on their website and it too shows our seat assignments.

So, we'll bring some snacks and keep our fingers crossed for a decent flight, arriving in Venice with our luggage!

Scottam,

Maybe they have changed their policy re assigned seats. In the past , they would "assign" seats when you called, but when you showed up at the airport you had something completly different.

I hope you're wrong. I wonder why they would bother assigning seats and not honor that assignement?

Any experiences with this from others?

I hope you're wrong. I wonder why they would bother assigning seats and not honor that assignement?

Any experiences with this from others?

We had assigned seats that were honored when we showed up :)

We had a group of 19 people(family & friends) flying British Airways when we went on a Princess cruise to Europe. We booked the entire trip with B.A. We were given a choice when we went to Barcelona from Paris: Iberia (better time) or British Airways(getting in way too early or way too late). In the end we flew Iberia. The service was great & we were served a simple meal with liquor (free of charge). The check in agent was fluent in English & very polite. We had no problems what so ever. The only negative thing I could say was that the check in agent said my carry on was too heavy & made me check it in.

To be honest with you we were all concerned initiallly because we have never heard of Iberia before.

We flew Iberia from miami to madrid then to barcelona and back again last year and it was very good. In fact, we are flying them again in November same itinerary. They were very pleasant, food was fine. I read somewhere that Iberia is trying to get the Transatlantic US business and so are being very accomadating. Whereas, in europe from country to country the service it is iffy. But going and coming from the US it is very good. We have the last leg coming home from Madrid to Miami booked on Iberia however it is an American Airline flight. They are code share partners. I will post back in Dec to rate it this time. Also on their site we selected our seats and our tickets have them listed. They sent an email when American changed the timing on the return flight from arrival 2:35 to 3:00pm...Every time I call Iberia I get a very pleasant English speaking representative who confirms everything as well. I booked online with orbitz and Iberia was the cheapest and most direct at the time.

I flew Iberia MIA-MAD a couple of years ago. It really was a hoot. It seemed that everyone on that plane was just partying the whole night. It was really pretty funny. They were just walking down the aisles talking to everyone, laughing, even the flight attendants. Loved it. Of course since I have spanish roots, I totally go for that. Plane was a 747 looked a bit worn, but had no problems. :D

Two years ago I flew Iberia from Granada to Madrid. A short flight but I was worried because of all the negative reviews on Tripadvisor. The flight turned out to be excellent. Check-in was easy and the plane was clean and crew were pleasant. Would definitely fly Iberia again without worry.

I've flown Iberia a few times with no problems. Wasn't the best or the worst I've been on. The worst experience I had was with Iberia was the fact that there was a problem with the plane and they ended up putting us on a Vueling flight... now THAT was a horrible experience.

We flew Iberian from Televiv to Madrid a few years back. We were impressed, service and meals a lot better than anything on an American carrier, even at that time. We fly AA and Air France generally. I would not be concerned about flying Iberian.

I flew Iberia several times, but will never again :) My last experiance with them (MAD- Puerto Rico) was so horrible (emergency landing, no chance to leave the plane, they just took off again, pretending we would go to the terminal, 7 hours delay on the connecting-flight), I will not choose them again. All together they are okay.

I flew twice with Iberia, both trasatlantic flights and have no complains. Food was good, service was good, in fact I think that it is better that american lines. Last time I was with my child, (1 yr old at that time) and they were above and beyond trying to make our trip nice, I will fly with them again...I think that is like all airlines, sometimes you have good services, sometimes no.

Just back a week from our cruise on the Gem. We flew Iberia roundtrip from Madrid to Barcelona....never again!

1) They lost our luggage. The Iberia missing luggage line had at least 20+ people in it and took over an hour just to speak with someone. Even though our luggage was found, they held it and delivered it directly to the cruise ship the day of our sailing....the NEXT day! Even though the luggage was found they held on to it and waited to deliver it to the ship with all the other missing bags instead of sending it to the hotel we were staying at prior to the cruise. Before the luggage was found I could call their customer service and speak to an actual person. After the luggage was located I only ever got an automated response. Infuriating!!

2) After the cruise we stood in some of the longest lines to check in for our return flight that I've every seen, nearly matching the missing luggage line wait. The person checked us in up to our final destination (through American Airlines). Only once we reached our final flight, American didn't have any record of us being checked and had given our seats away. Thankfully it was only an hour flight so I didn't care if DH and I did not sit together but our friends on a different itinerary were checked in by Iberia to a completely wrong flight. They barely made it to their connection after the AA rep told them of the error, checked them in properly and sent them to the correct gate.

3) Iberia has no sense of urgency. We had a 2 hour lay over in Madrid. Iberia's plane in Barcelona was late arriving to our gate, they took their sweet time unloading and reloading the plane. Once loaded the plane started moving, we literally road around in the plane for over 15 minutes before we every reached the runway for us to take off....we began to question if the pilot was lost. I saw several cruise passengers seriously studying their watches on this flight. Very stressful.

We were told by NCL that the worst lines for losing luggage were Delta and Iberia. We have no intention of every flying with them again.

We just flew Iberia a couple weeks ago after our cruise on the Gem. Everyone was efficient and friendly. My husband is 6'2" and he said he had more leg room than on the delta plane! Could be the type of plane we were on of course. I agree with previous poster----food is horrible. Take some snacks, but otherwise a nice smooth flight and landing

DH and I flew Iberia from NYC to Barcelona (with a stopover in Madrid) last December - Listen it's an airline - the food was okay and the service was pretty good (no better and no worse than any other airline) they only gripe I had was on the return flight from Barcelona, when we stopped in Madrid flight was delayed (not sure why) but no biggie maybe an hour or so. Relax and enjoy your trip:)

We have had seat assignments for September 09 flight since March 09. I called the US number and a very nice and helpful agent assigned our seats on all four segements of our flight for four (we have two seating in rows 15/16 exactly where I requested). Maybe this is not usual but it was very easy for me to book. :)

Archived