Guarantee Cabin

I booked 2 cabins for my upcoming Miracle cruise. The balcony I picked my cabin and have a cabin #. My inside I booked as a guarantee. I have had a guarantee cabin before, so I understand what a guarantee cabin is all about. I looked this morning and there are no more triple or quad insides left. There are inside doubles, but I need a triple. There are only outside guarantees or higher. When I looked 2 days ago there were 7 insides left. I can not imagine that they sold 7 insides in one day when the price of an inside and balcony are almost the same. I booked so long ago that I got a great rate for the inside guarantee as well as for the 3rd passenger price. My question is has anyone ever been bumped from an IS to a balcony? and or has anyone seen that the inventory for their cruise was minimal and you were still not assigned a cabin. Could my cabin be assigned, but has not been posted on Carnivals website?

I booked 2 cabins for my upcoming Miracle cruise. The balcony I picked my cabin and have a cabin #. My inside I booked as a guarantee. I have had a guarantee cabin before, so I understand what a guarantee cabin is all about. I looked this morning and there are no more triple or quad insides left. There are inside doubles, but I need a triple. There are only outside guarantees or higher. When I looked 2 days ago there were 7 insides left. I can not imagine that they sold 7 insides in one day when the price of an inside and balcony are almost the same. I booked so long ago that I got a great rate for the inside guarantee as well as for the 3rd passenger price. My question is has anyone ever been bumped from an IS to a balcony? and or has anyone seen that the inventory for their cruise was minimal and you were still not assigned a cabin. Could my cabin be assigned, but has not been posted on Carnivals website?

Good chance your cabin is assigned and just not posted yet since 7 triple inside cabins dissappeared almost at once. Not for sure though, just keep checking the website but it appears they assigned those cabins to GTY assignments since they happened real fast.

Good chance your cabin is assigned and just not posted yet since 7 triple inside cabins dissappeared almost at once. Not for sure though, just keep checking the website but it appears they assigned those cabins to GTY assignments since they happened real fast.

That's what I was thinking. My TA is traveling with me and she booked a guarantee also- she has no cabin yet either. When I booked the guarantees were very cheap...so I am sure they have alot of unassigned cabins out there. I look every day. I was hoping that my Platinum status would help me.;)

I am not sure how you booked your cabin but it is impossible to book a triple or quad cabin as a guarantee. When you book that type of cabin, you HAVE to pick a cabin number at that time.

It's not impossible. I have done it before on a BL quad on Carnival. Guarantees do not have to be doubles. I have done it on Carnival plenty of times.

We have booked almost all of our 25 cruises with a guarantee with three or four people. The only time you can't is if when you book there are very few quads left.We always book about a year out and have never had a problem.We have found that you are less likely for an upgrade because they have to seat you in a cabin earlier to make sure that you have one for 3 or 4. You might not find out about it until later but you probably already have a cabin set aside for you. We have found that platinum does not help at all. In fact we talked to the person who is in charge of guarantees on the Spirit and she says how much you paid is more of a factor and they upgrade first time cruiser more to get them to come back. By the time you are platinum they figure they have your business. You never know though, it is all part of the fun of the guarantee. Sometimes it's Yeah!!! and most time its... OK its a cabin or I'll never book a gurantee again (but then we always do until they took away the guarantee on militry rates).Cindy

I am not sure how you booked your cabin but it is impossible to book a triple or quad cabin as a guarantee. When you book that type of cabin, you HAVE to pick a cabin number at that time.

This is not true. I've booked several GTY cabins as triples and quads without any problems.

Actually, unless things have changed, this statement isn't true. On the Triumph we booked a guarantee balcony for 5.

You do not have to pick the cabin if you choose the guaranty option. If you pick the rate that says Carnival assigns your location you can have 2, 3 or 4 guests in that cabin.

Our Splendor sailing had 3 to a cabin and we booked a guaranty.

I believe you are mistaken. Half of my cruises have been guarantees and they were 3 or 4 people in a cabin. Anywhere from inside up to balcony. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Would they or could they put a rollaway in a double room?

They only have rollaways on the older ships that allow 5 to a cabin. I dont think Miracle allows rollaways, so no, this ship wouldnt have rollaways.

(they have done it on smaller ships, put a rollaway into a double, so its possible, just not on your ship).

They only have rollaways on the older ships that allow 5 to a cabin. I dont think Miracle allows rollaways, so no, this ship wouldnt have rollaways.

(they have done it on smaller ships, put a rollaway into a double, so its possible, just not on your ship).

Thanks for the reply.

I remember a long time ago seeing a roll away on a Carnival ship. My sailing has no triple or quad insides or outsides left and it's only showing 4 8I balconies left. I wonder why they wait so long to assign a cabin- the inventory is what it is. I never take a guarantee( I always get connecting or across from the balcony), but the price difference when I booked was so drastic that I thought how bad could it be ( before the new pricing). I guess I will sit and wait.

You will have to let us know if you got upgraded on the guarantee cabin. Im always curious how these things go, always a surprise. Hope its a good surprise.

Hopefully I will know before I leave for the pier. My TA is on my cruise and she doesn't have a cabin assignment yet either. I am always curious also about guarantees. Now that Carnival does upsells, I wonder if the upgrade still exists.

I am Platinum and my TA is not. I know they have said in the past that it doesn't matter, but I still would like to see what Carnival does when they assign our cabins.

I am Platinum and my TA is not. I know they have said in the past that it doesn't matter, but I still would like to see what Carnival does when they assign our cabins.

Im betting there is some algorhythm on how the computer picks the cabins, how much you paid for your guarantee, which is probably more than a TA paid, so that might weigh in your favor, or where your other cabin is, they seem to try and get you close, like the same deck when they can.

When do you cruise?

Im betting there is some algorhythm on how the computer picks the cabins, how much you paid for your guarantee, which is probably more than a TA paid, so that might weigh in your favor, or where your other cabin is, they seem to try and get you close, like the same deck when they can.

When do you cruise?

August 28th

On our very first cruise on the Triumph (2003), we had originally booked an inside guarantee & when we got to the pier to check our luggage we ended up with a balcony (category 8D). That was awesome. When we sailed on our 2nd cruise with the 3 kids on the Imagination, we booked an inside guarantee again and ended up with an inside (category 4D). It didn't matter to us as long as we had a place to put our heads at night and take a shower in the morning!:D

On our very first cruise on the Triumph (2003), we had originally booked an inside guarantee & when we got to the pier to check our luggage we ended up with a balcony (category 8D). That was awesome. When we sailed on our 2nd cruise with the 3 kids on the Imagination, we booked an inside guarantee again and ended up with an inside (category 4D). It didn't matter to us as long as we had a place to put our heads at night and take a shower in the morning!:D

I don't care where I land up either. I have 2 cabins ( one is a balcony)and an IS ( anything else is a bonus). I was just wondering why if the inventory on my sailing is so limited why they would wait to assign all the guarantee cabins. Every morning when I check there is less and less available.

I don't believe that's the case. For a Guarantee, the website allows you to enter more than 2 PAX and to Book. the only booking restriction on guarantees is that TA/PVP is required to "Advise of possible trundle/RAB".

ken

• 3 weeks later...
You will have to let us know if you got upgraded on the guarantee cabin. Im always curious how these things go, always a surprise. Hope its a good surprise.

26 days to go and no cabin assignment. Now this sailing is only allowing 1 or 2 passengers in a cabin( no more quads and triples available). Looks like it's going to happen at the pier.

Lets hope its a great assignment. Carnival has been stingy with upgrades lately. let us know when you get back

I hope it's great, but I feel like they are postponing telling us for fear we will be upset. It is what it is. I booked a guarantee and I am OK with it. I'm interested to see if my TA ( who is on my cruise) gets a better cabin than I do.;)

Archived