Trying to book Taku Lodge (Juneau)

KAWS

But the problem I'm having is that the Princess excursion goes too early. The only place I can find is Discovery Excursions and others on this board have said they are a booking agent so not a good idea.(?)

There is one Wing something but when you go to book there it takes you to the Princess site. As I said, I would go ahead and book Princess but we're already on one excursion earlier in the day and it goes from 12:30 to 3:30. DE has their last excursion that day at 5 pm so this would work for us.

Is there any other excursion place that I can book the floatplane/Taku Glacier Lodge with? Or is going with a booking agent so bad that I shouldn't risk it and should perhaps just forget it?

We wanted the whale watching in the early day and then to finish off the day do this but perhaps our first plan to get dropped back at Mendenhall and then go on to the Salmon Bake might be the best idea after all. Oh the possibilities!:confused:

But the problem I'm having is that the Princess excursion goes too early. The only place I can find is Discovery Excursions and others on this board have said they are a booking agent so not a good idea.(?)

There is one Wing something but when you go to book there it takes you to the Princess site. As I said, I would go ahead and book Princess but we're already on one excursion earlier in the day and it goes from 12:30 to 3:30. DE has their last excursion that day at 5 pm so this would work for us.

Is there any other excursion place that I can book the floatplane/Taku Glacier Lodge with? Or is going with a booking agent so bad that I shouldn't risk it and should perhaps just forget it?

We wanted the whale watching in the early day and then to finish off the day do this but perhaps our first plan to get dropped back at Mendenhall and then go on to the Salmon Bake might be the best idea after all. Oh the possibilities!:confused:

princess had two flights when i went with princess wings airline is good but msot float planes are in use with the ships you could do what i am doing go back to Alaksa and go then to one or the other big events that day.

I called Wings Airways and asked them some questions about the planes. They can probably help you with the times and bookings.

Thank you georgiatraveler!! I called Wings and you were right; they did help. They booked us on the 5 pm even though Princess wasn't showing it as available. So we're good to go.

What an incredible day this is going to be in Juneau. First whale watching and then Taku Lodge. Hubby was so thrilled at the sound of this excursion he didn't even ask me how much it was! LOL That's a first. :D

Thanks again, and Robin - Princess probably did have two times originally but by now they only have the one, but I'm sure we will be back to Alaska again as you say. Next time it will be dog sledding on the glacier! Oh ya!

I called Wings Airways and asked them some questions about the planes. They can probably help you with the times and bookings.

Thank you georgiatraveler!! I called Wings and you were right; they did help. They booked us on the 5 pm even though Princess wasn't showing it as available. So we're good to go.

What an incredible day this is going to be in Juneau. First whale watching and then Taku Lodge. Hubby was so thrilled at the sound of this excursion he didn't even ask me how much it was! LOL That's a first. :D

Thanks again, and Robin - Princess probably did have two times originally but by now they only have the one, but I'm sure we will be back to Alaska again as you say. Next time it will be dog sledding on the glacier! Oh ya!

You're probably saving 39.00 too by going direct. I know that with NCL it was 299 but direct it was 260.00 for the exact same tour!

Yes we did save the $39 pp. That's what she quoted.

Today, though, I found a coupon for them in the Toursaver book. It's not for the lodge excursion but for the flight (minus the lodge). Hubby's going to give them a call and ask if we can apply some of the coupon amount against it. Worth a shot but if they say no, we're still going. I'm very excited!

Archived