Mykonos scooter rental???

sassygirl321

Wanting to rent scooters for our Mykonos excursion. Have been looking at http://www.okmykonos.com/index.php

But there are so many scooter choices and details on the differences are NOT given. Has anyone rented scooters on Mykonos? And if so from whom and what type of scooter is best?? Any difficulty traveling around island on scooters?

All info appreciated. Thanks. Happy cruising!! :)

Very dangerous, IMO. Many visitors to these islands spend the better part of their days drinking.

If you want to get around the island on your own, just rent a car for the day. (We have rented twice in Santorini in the past year, and it was wonderful.) Parking is easy.

Thanks for the info I will look into cars as well. But really still interested in hearing if anyone rented a scooter on Mykonos.

Very curious to hear from a scooter renter....what type scooter, what company, good experience/bad experience, ect Thanks :o

We rented from OK Mykonos. We initially reserved a scooter but then decided a quad felt safer and sturdier. My husband and I shared one quad - he drove.

We felt 100% safe the entire day - never once did we have a "close call" or "near miss." There was nothing to be afraid of - if you're a decent driver you'll be fine.

We thought this was an absolute blast and I can't imagine seeing the island any other way. Two words: DO IT!!!

They can be driven anywhere that cars can go - we just kind of pulled over the the side if a car came behind us that wanted to pass us.

There's no motor traffic allowed in Mykonos town.....when we went to town we just parked the quad on the edge of town and walked the rest of the way. There were tons of scooters and quads parked so we didn't worry about parking it there.

Have fun!

Wanting to rent scooters for our Mykonos excursion. Have been looking at http://www.okmykonos.com/index.php

But there are so many scooter choices and details on the differences are NOT given. Has anyone rented scooters on Mykonos? And if so from whom and what type of scooter is best?? Any difficulty traveling around island on scooters?

When I was in Mykonos last year our tour guide told us it was a bad idea renting a scooter because they are very dangerous for non-native drivers.

My DH and DS rented a scooter each while we were in Myconos, we did not reserve one before, I am not sure where they rented it was in town. I went shopping:D, they had a blast, it cost them 15euro each, and they did not have their drivers license with them just the ship card and they got the scooter.

It really is not bad at all to drive there, if my 20year old son can do it I am sure you can too. Go be adventurous!!

Archived