Booking advice needed

tombo

We're currently booked for a December cruise on Mariner. I've also now started to look at the Mariner transatlantic next March but I'm wondering how to proceed. Regent has sent out mailings offering an additional $1,000 per person discount for 2010 cruises booked by 9/30/09. However I also think that Regent also offers deals if you book a future cruise while onboard, but we're not sailing until December so I'd miss the September deadline.

What kind of price concessions does Regent offer when you book onboard? Is it a fixed discount or is it variable based on cruising history, cabin class, etc.? Do they treat the onboard booking as having been made through your regular travel agent or is it treated as a direct booking? I'm trying to figure out what my best otion would be. Thanks for any suggestions.

We experienced our first sailing with Regent in June and booked a 2010 Mediterranean cruise while on board. We were extended the 2-for-1 plus the $1000 per person reduced fare (even though at the time, Regent published a $500 discount for 7 night sailings). Regent has extended the $1000 discount to 2010 - 7 night sailings according to their website.

With our booking we were extended the Seven Seas Society discount of $175 per person and an additional $175 on board booking discount for a total of $1350 off published fare.

Regent will take a 15% deposit which is refundable 121 days out from sail date with a $100 service charge per person. The booking will then be handled by your TA. We received our confirmation while on board with our TA's contact info. They pull the information from your existing profile.

I am sure the more experience Regent CC will have more to offer.

The price concessions are fixed, depending on the cruise and the cabin class.

But you can have a future cruise discount applied to a booking retroactively. I believe the only thing you lose is the ability to move that credit once. Your TA should be able to give you a letter requesting that your OBC be moved to your existing booking. You *should* be able to keep your low price in that case--sometimes if things change it's considered a cancellation/rebooking then you have to weigh the pros and cons. Your TA should be equipped to advise you.

We're also looking at that cruise--great price, very tempting. Especially with the H GTY currently available.

Onboard booking discounts per passenger double occupancy for Mariner

22Mar10 FtL to Funchal 10 MS-GS$425 MN-SS$300 HS-C$225 D-F$175 G-H$150

22Mar10 FtL to Monte Carlo 16 MS-GS$775 MN-SS$550 HS-C$400 D-F$325 G-H$300

I agree with Wendy. Book what you want now. Ask your TA to help you out about asking to apply the onboard booking discount when you board Mariner in December. All they can do is say no and you'd only be out a few hundred dollars unless you are booking a Master Suite!

Debbie

Hi - I am in the UK and am going on Navigator in August for 2 weeks Monte Carlo to Istanbul - first time with Regent and very excited:).

I have also just booked the Baltic for August 2010 on Voyager and my travel agent informed me that if I go and see the future cruise manager on board Navigator, they will apply additional discount to my next years booking on Voyager.

Not sure if this is the same in the US, but thought it may be useful.

Wendy -- A friend and I booked the TA crossing because, since we're both traveling as singles, we couldn't pass up the fact that it was only a 10% single supplement. What a deal! And we each took an H guarantee. We'll be on the PG in October. Will we be able to get any kind of discount for the March cruise by being on the PG?

Yes, until the PG leaves the fleet you will. Just note that there's no cruise consultant on the PG, so you will get a letter for your TA that you have a certain amount of time to book another cruise and get your (little) onboard booking credit.

I'd love to do this March thing. Not sure it's in the cards, we'll see.

Archived