Luggage tags, but no cabin assigned yet?

Boo Boo

Hi

We have no cabin number assigned yet (still on a Guarantee - even in Regent documents). Will they have a list of cabins when we get to the port (taking the train to Seward) so we can fill it in before we hand our luggage over?

Thanks,

Boo

Most likely your cabin will be assigned a week or 2 before sailing. Either check the website, or your TA. You can manually fill in the cabin number on your luggage tags..

Host Dan

Most likely your cabin will be assigned a week or 2 before sailing. Either check the website, or your TA. You can manually fill in the cabin number on your luggage tags..

Host Dan

Thanks Dan

Cabin number is nolonger displayed on the website :(

We are within two weeks from sailing... will drop my TA a line.

Thank you :)

Boo

We were on the June 3rd sailing in Alaska with an H-GTY. We were not assigned a cabin number until we checked in on the boat. We just put H-GTY on all of our tags and the bags found their way to the cabin with no issues. I did notice that the crew did fill in our actual cabin number. As I quickly learned, Regent took care of it and there was no need to worry. Relax and enjoy!

We were on the June 3rd sailing in Alaska with an H-GTY. We were not assigned a cabin number until we checked in on the boat. We just put H-GTY on all of our tags and the bags found their way to the cabin with no issues. I did notice that the crew did fill in our actual cabin number. As I quickly learned, Regent took care of it and there was no need to worry. Relax and enjoy!

Really curious to know what suite you ended up with.:)

Really curious to know what suite you ended up with.:)

We ended up in 761 a G cabin. A few doors down from the H cabins. It was close to the rear elevators but we never had any problems with noise. It was actually very convenient so that we could walk down to the Compass Rose or Horizon Lounge. Thanks to all the CC's about the H-GTY, it is the best value. We booked H-GTY for next year's trip as well.

We had a G GTY for 6/10. I think we got our assignment 1-2 weeks prior but we had already received generic luggage tags with our docs. We were in 985 which I think was an E. We boarded early (took the public train from Anchorage to Seward) and got into our suite around 2:30 - all but one bag arrived pretty quickly although I guess they delivered one bag to 958 so once those folks arrived (they were on the Regent train which I guess arrived close to 6) that guest brought over the bag for us (nice guy!). That bag had all DH's evening wear in it so we were a bit worried about making it to Prime 7 that night (unless they would make an execption on the jeans/shorts thing - but never had to test the waters on that!)

For our cruise last December we did not find out our suite number until embarkation.

Wish we were going back - we've been home 2 1/2 weeks now and reading all the recent posts has me in withdrawl all over again. I miss Almir (chef), Anna (head waiter) and Maria (server) up in La Veranda!

Boo Boo

As you are also in the UK, don't bother with your TA. The Regewnt staff are excellent. Ring them direct or e-mail them. Suggest the possibility of and upgrade and they may offer you a good deal. They did for me!. Also your luggage tags are colour coded with Fore or Aft on them. Is not that a clue?

Thanks everyone :)

I emailed my TA a day or two ago (they aren't the best...) and got a reply today that a room still hasn't been assigned.... maybe just a bit too early.

Not indication or "fore" or "aft" on the very generic looking luggage tags - so no clue there. They are sort of greyish brown in colour - if that means anything to anyone...

If we don't get a cabin assignment pre-cruise, then I will trust that we can sort it out at the port :)

Thanks

Boo

Don't blame the TA's for the lack of cabin assignments. Regent is assigning them when they get around to it and no amount of calling will get them to do it any sooner.

Don't blame the TA's for the lack of cabin assignments. Regent is assigning them when they get around to it and no amount of calling will get them to do it any sooner.

Oh no, not that at all! It is just that they take a bit of time to get back to me and generally aren't that communicative NOW the booking has been made (were very good before I paid...!). My TA is just not very good at "post payment custumer relationships"... which hasn't done them any favours because I could have just passed an extra £2500 their way (was booking a cruise for someone else).

Boo

I agree - don't sweat it. We are booked on the July 24 cruise (Istanbul to Venice) and we have our documents - but no cabin assignment yet. We got an F gty - but we aren't gonna sweat it. Regent has our money - if they don't assign a cabin by the 24th -- we will just scoot the Captain out and he can use it during the day! No problems!!

We have an H-GTY, and as of this morning, we have no suite assignment. I'm really not expecting it until we board. I do not understand why Regent waits til the last possible minute, but I suspect they have their reasons.

Archived