Where is the best place to stay in Miami?

Hanks mom

i booked a night at the marriott biscayne bay for 107 a night...muh nicer and cheaper than the holiday inn that was 150 a night

its a mile from the port and a cab ride is about 10 bucks i heard..better to take a taxi so you will be on your time and not on the shuttle time....having to stop at all these places and pick up people will be a pain i think...same with the airport...

We stay at the Hilton Downtown Miami. We like Hiltons better than Holiday Inns.

You might want to consider http://www.ridesas.com/index.html for your travel to/from the port. These guys know exactly how to do it and charge a VERY reasonable fee. Excellent customer service, friendly and safe drivers. We found them here on CC and I refer them everytime someone asks... they are really good.

They absolutely will pick you up at the port on your return--just arrange it with them ahead of time. I don't remember exactly how much we paid, but I believe their website says how much it is--they pick up from both FLL and MIA.

I also understand the Hotel Intercontinental is nice. One person recently reported here that they got a port view room at the Hilton for something like $69 (I think on Hotwire or Hotels.com).

Hope that helps...

You might want to consider http://www.ridesas.com/index.html for your travel to/from the port. These guys know exactly how to do it and charge a VERY reasonable fee. Excellent customer service, friendly and safe drivers. We found them here on CC and I refer them everytime someone asks... they are really good.

They absolutely will pick you up at the port on your return--just arrange it with them ahead of time. I don't remember exactly how much we paid, but I believe their website says how much it is--they pick up from both FLL and MIA.

I also understand the Hotel Intercontinental is nice. One person recently reported here that they got a port view room at the Hilton for something like $69 (I think on Hotwire or Hotels.com).

Hope that helps...

I was told they dont pick up from Miami airport:confused:

SAS has a rad driver.He was doing 85 in a 55 and never thought twice about it.He was shorter guy about 50 .I think his name was Dave or Mike.They were decent to deal and decent price from Ft L to Miami with but my daughter was crying in the van as she was scared.Next time i tell them no tip if they speed..

We've stayed at both the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Market. I personally would stay at the Marriott, it's seems to be a much nicer property and definitely has a better restaurant. Actually the restaurant was great and has a nice view. We will actually stay there again in Feb. when we sail on the Destiny.

We've stayed at both the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Market. I personally would stay at the Marriott, it's seems to be a much nicer property and definitely has a better restaurant. Actually the restaurant was great and has a nice view. We will actually stay there again in Feb. when we sail on the Destiny.

About transportation, we usually just get a cab (I think 12.00 bucks) so that we don't have to wait on the hotel shuttle and we can head out when we are ready.

I've stayed at several hotels in and around Miami for both cruises and other vacations. There are many that would suite your needs perfectly. However... what I feel is a good deal, another might not. Too many personal variables to consider. If price is not a major concern... Booking the Intercontinental Downtown Miami would be my first choice for pre and post cruise accomodation.

As a general recommendation... either use the type of site that lets you name your own rate, or one that offers a great rate without knowing the hotel name first. Choose a 4 star or higher rated hotel only, to guarantee safe, secure locations with excellent service. For location of choice... again, for a cruise.... Downtown Miami Area. Close to the Bayside Market Place and only minutes away by taxi to the port.

Of course, that's just mho lol

Best of luck with your hotel hunt.

Batzo

We are looking for a hotel to stay in before and after our January cruise. Is there a great deal that includes complimentary transportation to and from the cruise/air ports? Thanks so much!

The best places to stay in Miami:

Mandarin Oriental

Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne

Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove

Ritz Carlton South Beach

The Tides

The Setai

The Standard Hotel

The Delano

The Shore Club

Hotel Victor

The Aqualina

However, they may not be the best places for you to stay. What is your budget and what activities are you looking to do?

Blue Herons is right on with the BEST places to stay. However, unless you're cruising Seabourn, they may be out of your price range. Nothing like paying $500 for a CCL 7 day cruise and staying at the Ritz Carlton for $1500 a night.

What I'm saying is the questions should be a little more specific. Alot on this board are price conscious. Now if you're looking at price, you really can't ask for the BEST. The BEST costs money.

Give a price range and possible amenities preferred.

Assuming the OP meant something other than "best" when she said best, as she mentioned her desire for complimentary transportation to and from airport and pier.

One day, before I die, I want to stay at some or all of the hotels on BlueHerons' list. :D

OP, feel free to check out the hundreds of threads on Miami hotels; you can just scroll back into the first 5 or 10 pages here. Most of the threads are about Miami hotels, as you will see. :)

We are looking for a hotel to stay in before and after our January cruise. Is there a great deal that includes complimentary transportation to and from the cruise/air ports? Thanks so much!

Only airport hotels will offer what you want as far as shuttles sercice and not necessarily complimentary to the port. There won't be anything near those hotels and you'll need cabs in most cases to even go out to dinner.

Depending on the date in Jan. you could be hitting peak rates too. Airport hotels are always less expensive than Miami Beach area.

I called Hilton Miami Downtown today and booked a room for $69 which is Bayview. I requested a high level for our room and hope for the best. We got such a lower price because it was booked without cancelation and as a AAA member. If you book the room with cancelation ability it was $79.

We are staying there at the end of July. Did the Hilton DM have a nice restaurant, bar, or shopping area near?

I called Hilton Miami Downtown today and booked a room for $69 which is Bayview. I requested a high level for our room and hope for the best. We got such a lower price because it was booked without cancelation and as a AAA member. If you book the room with cancelation ability it was $79.

We are staying there at the end of July. Did the Hilton DM have a nice restaurant, bar, or shopping area near?

It is near Bayside Market if you like that--you can take this little train for free that will get you right there--you just have to walk a block to the "station". There are several restaurants and bars within the hotel, as well. Hope that's helpful!

Here's a post from another thread.

We stayed there in April. Hotel is very nice and secure. Nice lobby. Card key access for elevators.

Location is tough to walk around. Traffic really flies by, be careful. We walked to Bayside for dinner and returned around 9:30. Was OK, but be careful.

Room was nice and bed was super comfy. Breakfast buffet was $25pp. We chose to walk back to Bayside in the morning and saw the ships come in.

For $60, it's definitely worth it and I would just take a taxi out to dinner. I think Mary Brickel Village is not too far, again, take a taxi. For that room price you can take taxis everywhere and be ahead.

We will be driving to Miami...which close hotels offer long-term parking for cruisers?

Go to parksleepandfly and you'll get some ideas.

You don't have to stay at some of them for a decent parking rate. Be careful of the area. The cheapest will not be the safest. Parking is only available for a discounted rate at near airport hotels.

There are tons of posts here. Just do a FORUM SEARCH for parking hotels.

Ok, i got a hotel at the hyatt regency miami downtown on priceline for 55 dollars. But...i'm a little nervous since i don't see any posts on that hotel?

anyone have stayed there?

VERY popular with Price Line users. That's a good value. Just don't walk to or from Bayside in the evening. And don't take the metromover in the evening. It's a very low cost cab to and from if that's where you are headed at night.

Daytime is fine.

Check out recent reviews on tripadvisor and also do a forum search here for the Hyatt. Lots of posts.

Archived