Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan

Lunur

My 15 year old son and I are cruising Alaska on the Zaandam in August. We are looking at these tours. We have never been and I would love any advice for these ports and tours before I actually book them.

Juneau - Sled Dog Discovery and Mushers Camp - the one that does not run on ice

Sitka - Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest (What time is best for this? 8 am, 9:30 am or 1 pm)

Ketchikan - Guided fishing and wilderness tour where you catch fish and they bring it to a campsite to cook it for you. 5 hours.

Any suggestions.....

Only my opinion, but the dog sled cart rides are a very high cost for what you get, having seen the prices soar over the years. Certainly, many positive raves from those with an interest, which sounds like what you are looking for.

Independent boat tours out of Sitka will offer you more, but a top tour choice, if you only want a ship tour.

As for fishing, my family ships their fish home. :) Always going out with an independent vendor out of Ketchikan. There are salmon bakes/restaurants to also consider if you want fresh salmon. I would weight the timeframe of actual fishing time vs eating time, and especially if you wish for other Ketchikan touring.

Archived