CARNIVAL 4TH OF JULY SALE - heads up!

falkcor

we don't get anything special out of galveston, it seems :(

that's why i think i'm goin to miami again. dangit :mad:

I know what you mean, we just moved to Texas 2 years ago, originally from Miami. Our upcoming cruise out of Miami was cheaper with flights included than going out of Galveston. It works out ok because we will stay a few extra days pre and post with family, but I would much rather drive a couple hours than have to do the whole flying thing.

No such luck for me..dang it...and with the early saver i booked it would've been mighty nice to have some extra bar credit! ;)

as aforementioned... we don't get anything special out of galveston. almost ever. it sucks :(

carnival: are you listening? seriously, make galveston more appealing. it's shameful that it costs more to cruise on conquest 7 night, than the 'flagship' dream, almost always. boo.

i'm tryin' :D

I know what you mean, we just moved to Texas 2 years ago, originally from Miami. Our upcoming cruise to MIami was cheaper with flights included than going out of Galveston. It works out ok because we will stay a few extra days pre and post with family, but I would much rather drive a couple hours than have to do the whole flying thing.

i'm entirely with you. you get it. you've obviously priced the same.

valor has, in my opinion, a better itinerary, and is significantly less $ (as referenced above)...

and when airfare, hotels, etc. are considered, if you have a lot of non-local people, it makes sense to go somewhere else. i wish that, on the face, weren't so - or there was a REASON to come to galveston (ie, magic). there's no REASON, and just more $, currently, if you're not local. boo. :D

. . . there's something going on with the carnival site right now. watch this weekend. things are in flux :)

I tend to use a different adjective when describing the CCL web site (and those who run it), but I like yours, too. . . and it's less naughty. :o

I tend to use a different adjective when describing the CCL web site (and those who run it), but I like yours, too. . . and it's less naughty. :o

lmao, i think i know which adjective to which you refer to, sir. and i concur :D

I wonder why that is?

supply / demand. there are TONS of ships in florida. dream is just another one of them. and galveston is WAY over priced in comparison. i really think it a critical and material error.

it makes people like me fly to florida (ugh), just because on the whole, it makes more sense (when traveling with people other than JUST local). as aforementioned, that pisses me off :mad:

supply / demand. there are TONS of ships in florida. dream is just another one of them. and galveston is WAY over priced in comparison. i really think it a critical and material error.

it makes people like me fly to florida (ugh), just because on the whole, it makes more sense (when traveling with people other than JUST local). as aforementioned, that pisses me off :mad:

I say we PROTEST!! We can lie in front of the ship and when it goes to take off, we won't move!!

Or maybe we could just make a petition...lol

I think the reason there are so many ships in Florida (same goes for RCI) is that it allows for Eastern Carib routes that can go to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Marteen and those areas. So ships have many options for routes and can alternate. It sucks for those of closer to Galveston, because all companies want to compete with each other and if you are considering a trip to FLorida and want to cruise they want you to consider them. CCL doesnt want to have less ships there, less choice than RCI and vice versa. I also am sure airport logistics play a part in it, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports are very close to the ships, making transfers easier. In Galveston it can be over an hours drive from IAH.

It sucks, but I do hope the magic comes here too, but I have a feeling it will still be more expensive out of galveston than Florida over all.

Prices for cruising out of NY in the spring/summer are pretty outrageous as well (for all lines). High but not as high in the winter, but who wants to lose four days of your cruise to cold weather? Very annoying. :(

I think the reason there are so many ships in Florida (same goes for RCI) is that it allows for Eastern Carib routes that can go to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Marteen and those areas. So ships have many options for routes and can alternate. It sucks for those of closer to Galveston, because all companies want to compete with each other and if you are considering a trip to FLorida and want to cruise they want you to consider them. CCL doesnt want to have less ships there, less choice than RCI and vice versa. I also am sure airport logistics play a part in it, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports are very close to the ships, making transfers easier. In Galveston it can be over an hours drive from IAH.

It sucks, but I do hope the magic comes here too, but I have a feeling it will still be more expensive out of galveston than Florida over all.

yes, in part, your'e definitely correct. the itineraries ship sail from miami, are ALL more accesible, because they're closer coming from the southerm most major cruise port in the us - and indeed, also from some of those which are adjacent.

however, many of the same itineraries are copied from galveston - consider liberty with ocho rios jamaica, grand cayman and cozumel. conquest's montego bay jamaica, grand cayman and cozumel is mostly similar. conquest even sails the eastern route too, new this year - so it's not all proximity or itinerary...

it takes less fuel, from miami / florida, though, i realize that... but i think the largest disparity in cost is based on capacity / supply in fla - not things like fuel...

galveston has proved itself. we need another ship :)

a side note - i'd also like more cruises to nowhere, 3, 4 day cruises, from a small ship, 5 day cruises on a destiny sized ship (such as in miami), and 7 or greater night cruises on a larger ship (conquest+)...

ideally, i'd like to see ecstasy on 3-4 day cruises, conquest on 5's, and magic on 7+'s... we've got the demos ;)

I say we PROTEST!! We can lie in front of the ship and when it goes to take off, we won't move!!

Or maybe we could just make a petition...lol

i vote for a... petition... :)

short of that, i'd suggest we stage a galveston tea party. lol, that'd be hilarious... but i'd say, petition first.. :D

pride out of baltimore seems to be the most prolific recipient of the 'buy-get' promotion at this time... look at the october sailings:

07-04-09-1-pride-10-25-09.jpg

07-04-09-1-pride-10-18-09.jpg

07-04-09-1-pride-10-11-09.jpg

if balconies are so hard to sell on pride... we'll trade ecstasy :D

I hoped they were still working on the ships like Ecstasy, Conquest and Triumph but nope, still none of them out of New Orleans or Galveston have the buy a OV get a balcony or the July 4th sale rates. My Sept 27th, Conquest, only has fun select and fun saver left.

Archived