CARNIVAL 4TH OF JULY SALE - heads up!

falkcor

it looks like there may be a carnival 4th of july sale - i was checking prices, for carnival valor 9/27 itinerary, and just found this!

07-03-09-valor-9-27-4th-sale.jpg

with this fare, you can pick your stateroom...

clearly, restricted availability - but looks like a sale is coming!

i haven't even received an email yet :)

WOW - i'm shocked, but i think i just found another unannounced sale.

i'm checking a bunch of itineraries, to try to replicate the 4th of july sale, but look what i just found... 'buy-get'?~!? :confused:

07-03-09-buy-get-pride-10-25.jpg

'book a balcony stateroom for the price of an ocean view'???

this is for pride, 10/25:

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=BWI&itinCode=EC5&durDays=7&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=BH&rateCode=PNS&sailingID=48345&sailDate=10/25/2009

anyone else seeing this? :)

WOW - i'm shocked, but i think i just found another unannounced sale.

i'm checking a bunch of itineraries, to try to replicate the 4th of july sale, but look what i just found... 'buy-get'?~!? :confused:

07-03-09-buy-get-pride-10-25.jpg

'book a balcony stateroom for the price of an ocean view'???

this is for pride, 10/25:

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=BWI&itinCode=EC5&durDays=7&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=BH&rateCode=PNS&sailingID=48345&sailDate=10/25/2009

anyone else seeing this? :)

I received emails on both the 4th July sail, and the balcony upgrade. I haven't found either one to be across the board for all ships. :(

i found another 4th of july sale (it's so hard to not type SAIL lol)

07-03-09-glory-itin-9-19.jpg

07-03-09-glory-rates-9-19.jpg

it does seem to be VERY limited. took quite a few clicks to find another.

still, posting for people not aware of this - check your bookings! :D

I received emails on both the 4th July sail, and the balcony upgrade. I haven't found either one to be across the board for all ships. :(

really? i didn't! and i normally get all of them.

anyhow, good heads up for people who don't get carnival email, or didn't get it, like me...

you're definitely right. they're DEFINITELY not across the board... kinda random where you find them, actually. i think they're on 'selective' (undersold) cruises, myself..

Oh wow! I hope there is a sale on the Nov. 15th sailing of the Freedom. We are booked, but there are a few people that are wanting to go with us that were unable to book when we did (the onboard credit/upgrade deal they had a week or so ago).... It would be great if they could get a sweet deal..

Thanks for the heads up, I will be on the lookout! :D

I was looking at it sailing from San Juan not Barbados. Guess you can get on from there as well. Pretty cool finding these! I wish there were good prices from Galveston!

well that makes sense! :)

and i'm with you regarding galveston! i've found that tx residents get a residency discount out of tampa, fl, on the legend... wth? it's always a premium to sail out of galveston, and if you have people coming from anywhere else than locally - it never makes sense.

that's why galveston needs magic. increase supply, stabilize rates, and generate a net profit, and better fares for all of us. it makes no sense that it costs MORE to sail on conquest (the oldest of named class vessels), than DREAM (newest, biggest, most innovative), almost always.

I didn't get any E Mails either and I usually get them... :(

really? i didn't! and i normally get all of them.

anyhow, good heads up for people who don't get carnival email, or didn't get it, like me...

you're definitely right. they're DEFINITELY not across the board... kinda random where you find them, actually. i think they're on 'selective' (undersold) cruises, myself..

Thanks for the heads up, I will be on the lookout! :D

not seeing it for your cruise right now :(

07-03-09-freedom-11-15.jpg

BUT!!! keep watching it... judging from the 1000+ higher fares posted for victory above - there's something going on with the carnival site right now. watch this weekend. things are in flux :)

Darn! :( I will keep an eye out (and my fingers crossed)...

Thanks!

not seeing it for your cruise right now :(

07-03-09-freedom-11-15.jpg

BUT!!! keep watching it... judging from the 1000+ higher fares posted for victory above - there's something going on with the carnival site right now. watch this weekend. things are in flux :)

it looks like there may be a carnival 4th of july sale - i was checking prices, for carnival valor 9/27 itinerary, and just found this!

with this fare, you can pick your stateroom...

clearly, restricted availability - but looks like a sale is coming!

i haven't even received an email yet :)

I just booked that sailing and a couple friends will be booking the Ocean View price. I called Carnival this morning and they said the 4th of July sale was all weekend long, but that it is capacity controlled. They will only sell a certain number of staterooms per sailing and once they are gone they sale price for that sailing is done. Flights out of Texas are pretty good for that weekend I'm flying out of Austin for just under $200 round trip

I didn't get any E Mails either and I usually get them... :(

me too - i bet more are going to be coming down the grapevine, tonight and tomorrow.

i often receive the carnival emails in the middle of the night.

when you're talking about mass e-mail marketing campaigns - they're OFTEN staggered over hours, when there are numerous people involved.

for my business, we send to email lists of 3,000 - 5,000 - and they go out immediately. but if you think back to the obama mass emails (like announcements he chose to deliver that way) - it would take hours because his email list was so big... (this is in no manner an endorsement of him... just an example)

i think lots of us are going to be getting emails this weekend :D

I agree completely about the Magic. Galveston is the closest to us and seems like we have to pay much more to leave that port. Really need more ships soon!

if you haven't already (the thread is very long, i wouldn't dare think of everyone who posted), go post your support over here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1012429

as someone who travels with people from all over the country, it would cost several thousand $ more to cruise from galveston in that situation...

i've got two ships in my back yard, but i can't justify everyone else spending hundreds more per person, to come / sail from here vs. florida and other over saturated ports... i'm tired of that! :mad:

additionally - for a new ship, like magic, some of that incremental cost could be justified... but not for the oldest conquest class (2002), and second oldest fantasy class, ecstasy (1991), at a premium. we're still booking and sailing the ships full - and carnival's making a hefty profit from these... but seriously, increase supply, reduce margin, but garner greater gross revenue and net profit.

they need to make it make sense, for cruisers, to go from galveston. plenty of people would rather drive or fly to a closer port, if it weren't so darned more expensive than florida... and galveston's a charming port, to boot. :D

Yes I would much rather drive with the two kids than fly. We end up not taking them as much because of having to fly. I like Galveston. First time going there on the Conquest last Dec. It has been my fav cruise so far.

I havent found any that applies to Galveston, to my cruises, and I have 5 cruises between now and the end of next January.

i've got two ships in my back yard, but i can't justify everyone else spending hundreds more per person, to come / sail from here vs. florida and other over saturated ports... i'm tired of that! :mad:

and here's valor 9/27 (with 4 ports - grand cayman, belize, isla roatan, cozumel) vs conquest 9/27 (with 3 ports - grand cayman, montego bay jamaica, cozumel), just for comparison

conquest:

07-03-09-conquest-9-27.jpg

valor:

wth... a 169 difference for insides, 229 on outsides, and 140 on balconies?

galveston's a nice port... but not THAT nice, to justify such a large disparity - especially across a group of people (when not local and airfare is included)... we're sailing at a premium. we need more supply. demand will follow.

I havent found any that applies to Galveston, to my cruises, and I have 5 cruises between now and the end of next January.

we don't get anything special out of galveston, it seems :(

that's why i think i'm goin to miami again. dangit :mad:

Archived