Bottled Water and Dr Pepper

white.sand

My husband drinks a LOT of water and only bottled water. I usually drink bottled with Crystal Light. We also drink Dr Pepper. We want to bring as much as possible with us. What is the best way to do this and how much is too much for two to bring?

I bring a 12 pack of each, put themin a small suitcase and check them at the port with the rest of the luggage. Have never had a problem. I've even seen folks slap one of the ship luggage tags on a case of water and it did make it to their cabin with no problems. I see your going on the Conquest you should have no problems. Take a water bottle and fill it up on the lido buffet area it's a bit better than tap water from your cabin. Have a GREAT Cruise and get ready for your new additiction! :D Oh and have a wonderful anniversary may you have many-many more!

My husband drinks a LOT of water and only bottled water. I usually drink bottled with Crystal Light. We also drink Dr Pepper. We want to bring as much as possible with us. What is the best way to do this and how much is too much for two to bring?

The ships water is created by a reverse osmosis unit, which is exactly the same system used to create bottled water.

You can bring a reasonable amount of water on board. No one knows what reasonable is but if I had to guess after about a case you are going to be told that you can't bring it. The amount is entirely up to the staff on shore.

I suspect he is going to have to change his habits if you are going to be on board for a week.

The ships water is created by a reverse osmosis unit, which is exactly the same system used to create bottled water.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of this. I will pass this info on.:)

At one time in my life I thought demanding bottled water was silly as I had always drank out of the faucet and as a kid right out of the water hose! LOL! As times change though I am becoming more of a fan of bottled water. I have read so many reports lately of "tainted" city water and have even been told (on a few occasions) to boil my water for a couple of days by my city.

I must also admit that IMO Ozarka and Dasani have the best taste. One of our local store brands tastes so bad that my kids don't even want to drink it! :eek:

OK I am getting very excited to sail away tomorrow as evidenced by my rambling!!! :rolleyes: LOL!

On our last cruise out of Galveston, our friends tried to slap a luggage tag on a case of water, but were told it could not be done anymore. They had to literally stuff water bottles in their luggage and carryon bags. Porter said they had too many complaints of water and sodas not making it to the rooms, so this was no longer possible.

Hey fellow Texan Dr. Pepper fan...if you are still reading this...

Since you are driving, maybe take a 6-pack of water...but as said above, the water on ship is great. For the DP, a 12pack is no problem.

I always put the DP in my carry on. It gets too shook up when checked. If you don't have a wheeled carry on, this could be a hassle until the rooms open up around 1 ish.

I pack a collapasible suitcase with water and soda, mostly Dr. Pepper and sometimes some Pringles. If we don't need the suitcase for souvenirs, it fits in the front pocket of my rolling suitcase.

We put a luggage tag on it and check it in at the port. It has always arrived at our cabin with the other luggage.

Thanks! I wasn't aware of this. I will pass this info on.:)

At one time in my life I thought demanding bottled water was silly as I had always drank out of the faucet and as a kid right out of the water hose! LOL! As times change though I am becoming more of a fan of bottled water. I have read so many reports lately of "tainted" city water and have even been told (on a few occasions) to boil my water for a couple of days by my city.

I must also admit that IMO Ozarka and Dasani have the best taste. One of our local store brands tastes so bad that my kids don't even want to drink it! :eek:

OK I am getting very excited to sail away tomorrow as evidenced by my rambling!!! :rolleyes: LOL!

Dasani is actually city tap water bottle by Coke-Cola. The water is reverse osmosis and flavored by minerals/chemicals and it does actually tastes great to me when cold. Just check the posted label on the bottle for its contents. I also use individual packets from Lipton Tea to favor the water. I have bought a store brand bottle water and it was terrible. So the Lipton Tea packet came in real handy.

I brought a case of bottle water and plastic bottles of Dr Pepper on the Conquest in checked luggage. I had no problems. I have used a collasaple bag in the room to keep my drinks cold. Just keep a thick bath towel under it to soak up the 'sweat' from the bag. The steward will keep your bag full of ice if you ask him.I had no problems.....Have a great cruise.

The water on board is not always drinkable. I don't care what kind of system they use sometimes it is awful. It's the luck of the draw if you will get great water or undrinkable water that smells like mold or something. Take your own if you drink a lot just in case or be prepared to buy bottled on board if you get bad tap water.

Thanks everyone!!! :)

I have packed a case of water in a duffle bag for checked luggage and a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper. I am off to bed now as I am sailing in less than 24 hours!!!!! :p LOL!

Archived