Custon Air and Transfers

Hello All,

I understand that when you arrange for air through RCL, it includes transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal, and vice versa. However, if you choose custon air to arrive at a different time or a different day, do you forfit the transfers, or does RCL arrange for a transfer, regardless of when you arrive?

I am looking at a Transatlantic from Southampton, UK. The transfer from Heathrow airport to the dock in Southhampton is about a 70 to 80 mile trip. I would hate to pay for a transfer and not be able to use it if I custonize the air.

Any experiences?

Thanks, David

Hi David

I can only give you the details of our custom air arrangements and what transfers are included.

We sail on Sept 20th on FOS so when booking air with RCI, they arranged to fly us into Orlando on the 19th (you cannot get to the US from the UK in time for a 16:30 sailing on the 20th), provide transfers to a hotel, provide hotel accommodation for the night of the 19th and then provide transfers to Port Canaveral on the 20th.

However, as we used custom air to return from Orlando on the 2nd Oct, not at the end of the cruise on the 27th, no transfers are provided and when I enquired, they advised that we are not eligible for transfers from Port Canaveral to Orlando airport on the 27th, even though others flying out on that day will be.

So all I can say is that if you decide to fly in on any other day than RCI decide, then you will forfeit your transfers.

Hello All,

I understand that when you arrange for air through RCL, it includes transfers from the airport to the cruise terminal, and vice versa. However, if you choose custon air to arrive at a different time or a different day, do you forfit the transfers, or does RCL arrange for a transfer, regardless of when you arrive?

I am looking at a Transatlantic from Southampton, UK. The transfer from Heathrow airport to the dock in Southhampton is about a 70 to 80 mile trip. I would hate to pay for a transfer and not be able to use it if I custonize the air.

Any experiences?

Thanks, David

David, when doing custom air through RCI, if you plan on arriving a day or so early and are going to be staying at an RCI pre-cruise hotel, then you would be transferred from airport to hotel to ship. And if you do a post cruise hotel through RCI, then transfers would be included from ship to hotel to airport.

If you arrange your own hotel, you can still use RCI custom air, but then you must arrange to get from the airport to the hotel to the pier on your own. And again, doing your own hotel post cruise, you would have to arrange your own transportation from ship to hotel to airport.

I think I understand how transfers work if you custonize air.

I wonder, does RCL credit you the cost of the transfers, if you do use the transfer, because you have customized you air arrangements?

David

Hi David: To give you a direct answer, NO you do not receive a "credit" or "discount" if you use 'custom air' arrangements. These are simply 'inclusive' items IF you are 'eligible' for them.........should you decide to arrive early OR depart late (based upon your sail dates) you will forfeit the 'inclusive' arrangements UNLESS you book your 'extended' hotel through RCI!!

Long story short, this has NOTHING to do w/ 'customized' air, but everything to do w/ HOW the hotels are booked!!! IF the hotel stay is booked w/ RCI, transfers are included......otherwise you are on your own for ALL transfers!!!

Bruce

Patti and Bruce have pretty succinctly described the situations that occur when you book custom air or book your hotel through RCI. If you find yourself in a situation where you are ineligible for transfers, you will not receive a credit for their value.:)

Archived