Princess Transfers from Vancouver Pier to airport

wdblake

I was wondering if anyone has used Princess's transfer from Vancouver pier to the airport. Do they pick up your luggage the night before and take it directly to the airport? I believe the cost was $25 per person but the operator I talked to was very vague. We are flying out at 11:30am will they get us there in time? What are our other options and what do they cost. Any help appreciated.

We took a cab and it costs $35 plus tip to the airport. We also signed up for Express Debarkation by taking our own luggage off the ship. The hang up if any is going through customs after you get off ship. We were first group to debark and they still had us lined up for 25 minutes before they sent us through customs. I think each day is different...lol.

I know we had people who had 11am flights who were stressing that they would be late. They made it.

Once we got to Vancouver airport it took us another 40 minutes in lines, customs, baggage, etc. to get to the gate. I'm sure this varies too!

Hope this helps!

Have FUN!

• 5 months later...

Sorry to dig up this thread but I'm looking into my transportation options from the cruise terminal to airport in Vancouver.

Does anyone know if Princess sends your luggage to the airport and can confirm the cost is $25/person?

Are taxis readily available if I disembark around 9-9:30 am? Any other transport options?

I was wondering if anyone has used Princess's transfer from Vancouver pier to the airport. Do they pick up your luggage the night before and take it directly to the airport? I believe the cost was $25 per person but the operator I talked to was very vague. We are flying out at 11:30am will they get us there in time? What are our other options and what do they cost. Any help appreciated.

Save your money, Vancouver has the easiest/cheapest transfer in the cruise industry. The subway. it leaves from the airport, and drops you two blocks from Canada Place for the princely sum of $3.75. Elevators in/out of the station. Search for "canada line" here in cruise critic and you'll find lots of info.

W.e used the Princess transfer in Vancouver and it was AWFUL!!! The bus driver asked the bus if we wanted to go on a tour- thank goodness we all said NO. When we got to the airport we had to wait to claim our bags and then get to the ticketing area- then go through 2 security screenings- at the end we were running thru the airport in our socks (no time to put our shoes on) and got to the plane shortly before the doors closed. We had been accurate when filling out our paperweork with Princess, but they put us on a bus that was just too late. I will never trust their transfers again. I don't know if the lines were longer than usual, but it was a terrible experience- we had just finished a fabulous 15 day cruisetour and this was not a good last memory of Princess. I would arrange a private service or just get a cab- and start early.

...then go through 2 security screenings- at the end we were running thru the airport in our socks (no time to put our shoes on) and got to the plane shortly before the doors closed.

The second of which, isn't security, but US Immigration & Customs, so you didn't have to do that when you landed at your US destination.

They used to have US Direct. It was more of a Airport/Customs/Immigration program that airlines and cruise lines could be a part of and only certain ones participated. With this program, you got your boarding pass and luggage tags onboard and your bags went directly to the airlines and you wouldn't see them until you got home.

It had been very good in the past but there were mixed comments last year that the program was started very late in the year and had problems. You may want to search under US Direct and see what you come up with.

I know in Seattle Princess and many airlines did EZCHeck (is what they call it in the US).

Sorry to dig up this thread but I'm looking into my transportation options from the cruise terminal to airport in Vancouver.

Does anyone know if Princess sends your luggage to the airport and can confirm the cost is $25/person?

Are taxis readily available if I disembark around 9-9:30 am? Any other transport options?

Yes, our luggage was transported directly to the airport on the $25 transfer. We had no problems making our 12:05p flight but we were there on a Thursday and were the only ship in town that date (and there were fewer than 700pax on our ship). USdirect was not available for our sailing, so I would not count on this option

Archived