Weight of luggage...

white.sand

Carnival recommends the checked bags weigh no more than 50 pounds in order to save the back of the porters who have to heave them into the baskets that transfer them onto the ships, and those inside that have to unload them from the basket, put them on luggage carts to take to the cabin,and then unload at the cabin. they do not actually weigh them, so far as I know. EM

I feel pretty bad cuz I know my bag weighs more than 50 lbs but I am finally packed. :o

I have the ultimate first time cruiser packing disease!!!:eek:

If the bag is to heavy and you are driving, put the case of water and soft drinks in another bag with wheels. This will help save your back and the porters back during movement. There are self serve laundrymats aboard the ship. The washers and dryers cost $2-3 a load. I brought my own Tide and dryer sheets and it worked out great. During sea days and nothing exciting going on in the Capers. I did my laundry. I still had clothes I did not wear. Have fun.

How picky is Carnival on the weight limit of suit cases?:confused:

They aren't. If you are flying you have airline weight restrictions. If you are driving just pack the bags a bit lighter and take an extra. No limit on the number, and it saves your back and the porters backs.

How picky is Carnival on the weight limit of suit cases?:confused:

We drive not fly to the ports. That said we started out with several smaller bags and have moved up to 2 XL bags, larger than the air lines will take w/o over size charge, and a couple of carry on's. Too many times I have seen the porters play "luggage toss down the hall" with the smaller bags. Can't do that with ours;). We have never "heard" a complaint and it cuts down on the luggage.

Archived