Desperate to find a store we visited in Mykonos! Please Help if you can!

kadey

We are trying to find a shop that sells hand painted platers,pitchers,bowls,ect. in Mykonos.The paintings are all local pictures of Mykonos.This is all the store sells! When we were there, it was run by a very nice middle aged gentlemen.He told us that one female artist did all the artwork.On the bottom of the items is a sicker that says....Nioujai Sou haindmade and painted Greece. The J could be a "z" or something else>We can't make that out I really would love to find the name of this store and I need help!!My DH and I have spent hours on the internet and we keep coming up with nothing! Does anyone else remember this store? Is anyone else going to be there soon and could you possibly keep an extra eye out for this place and get their name,telephone number and/ or email address? We would truly appreciate any information or help.Thank you!

We are trying to find a shop that sells hand painted platers,pitchers,bowls,ect. in Mykonos.The paintings are all local pictures of Mykonos.This is all the store sells! When we were there, it was run by a very nice middle aged gentlemen.He told us that one female artist did all the artwork.On the bottom of the items is a sicker that says....Nioujai Sou haindmade and painted Greece. The J could be a "z" or something else>We can't make that out I really would love to find the name of this store and I need help!!My DH and I have spent hours on the internet and we keep coming up with nothing! Does anyone else remember this store? Is anyone else going to be there soon and could you possibly keep an extra eye out for this place and get their name,telephone number and/ or email address? We would truly appreciate any information or help.Thank you!

I know the "Eliza's gallery" at Mykonos: http://www.elizasgallery.com/english/article.asp?PID=47

Not it! This store only has different sized plates,bowls,pitchers and such.All the pieces in the store are ceramic with an off white glaze and then the artist paints different scenes from around Mykonos on them.

FAFOS- THANK YOU!!! I really appreciacte your trying to help.

Anyone else have any ideas or ideas how to find it?

Fafos, just wanted to say that Eliza's gallery was one of the memorable shops in Mykonos. I have some photos of those gorgeous wood carvings and now I can add the name of the gallery to my captions! There was also another artist that did wire sculpture that caught my eye too. Now that I know the name...trouble looms ahead! Thanks!!

Hi Bobal! We were tendered right into the heart of Mykonos and the town was right in front of us .It's only a few streets by a few streets but they are all so winding!I think the store was on a corner. It wasn't a fancy store.The store really consists of lots of shelves with just all these plates,platters,bowls and pitchers Of different sizes stacked on the shelves. It wasn't until we walked in and saw the beautiful Mykonos scenes painted on the pieces that we realized what a find it was! As I mentioned before,all the pieces are an off white and then the beautiful artwork in the middle of the pieces.The man in the store gave us a info on the local female artist,but we can't find it.

Mykonos is a wonderful island to visit. I hope that you have a fantastic trip.

You are so kind to look for this for us. I really means alot.

Thank you- Kade

Hi Bobal! We were tendered right into the heart of Mykonos and the town was right in front of us .It's only a few streets by a few streets but they are all so winding!I think the store was on a corner. It wasn't a fancy store.The store really consists of lots of shelves with just all these plates,platters,bowls and pitchers Of different sizes stacked on the shelves. It wasn't until we walked in and saw the beautiful Mykonos scenes painted on the pieces that we realized what a find it was! As I mentioned before,all the pieces are an off white and then the beautiful artwork in the middle of the pieces.The man in the store gave us a info on the local female artist,but we can't find it.

Mykonos is a wonderful island to visit. I hope that you have a fantastic trip.

You are so kind to look for this for us. I really means alot.

Thank you- Kade

Nioujai Sou isn't Greek name.. is sound like Chinese or Japanese name...

Most shops like this are in Mavrogeni Street (Mavrogeni NOT Mavrogenous!)...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=37.446127,25.3296&hl=en&geocode=FSRnOwIda3-CAQ%3B&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=17&sll=37.446397,25.32855&sspn=0.006031,0.009645&ie=UTF8&z=17

I agree it does sound Asian. Maybe the pottery is but the painting on it is by a local female artist. It's also possible that the "J" in the word Niuojai maybe a "Z" It is in script and very hard to make it out.Thank you again for your input.I am very appreciative for any of your thoughts and direction.-Kade

kade

I will look out for it when I'm in Mykonos (23rd July) and resurrect this thread to post the details if no-one has come up with an answer before then. Another suggestion would be to post your question on the Mykonos forum on Trip Advisor http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g189430-Mykonos_Cyclades.html. There may be someone on there who can help.

Let us know if you find out, otherwise I'll be in touch after we get back

I purchased a bracelet from a very nice young jeweller at a family-owned store called The Corner Jewellery Market in Mykonos last month. The hotmail email address for this store is stathiskontarinis at hotmail dot com. You can send them an email to inquire.

Good luck!

BOBAL- You are so gracious to offer this type of help.Thank you also for the link. I will get a post up today.Have a wonderful and fabulous trip!-Kade

CINTIPAM- Thank you so much. I will send them an email today.I truly appreciate any and all help!-Kade

:)

I think I know which store you are talking about, we just got back from there and I went into this store, I have the recipt with me here at workl at the Store name is HERMES Gallery, I have a brochure from them and when I go home later I will see if there is a web site for them , but his e-mail address is pavlou01art@hotmail.com

I feel pretty sure that is the store you are talking about, the gentelman was very nice and he is mailing my platter that i purchased to me.

Hope this is the one you are looking for

I agree it does sound Asian. Maybe the pottery is but the painting on it is by a local female artist. It's also possible that the "J" in the word Niuojai maybe a "Z" It is in script and very hard to make it out.Thank you again for your input.I am very appreciative for any of your thoughts and direction.-Kade

Could the female artist be Dora Spiggos ? She is a local artist born in Corfu and she handpaints the pottery.

If you want I can e-mail you the brochure from the store they gave me about her.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kadey

Not sure if you're still looking out for this thread but I've just returned from my wonderful cruise on Legend. The only shop I could find in Mykonos which seemed to match your description is the one mentioned above by EV2008. I will attach a couple of picture which I took so you can see if it is the right one and, if so, I picked up a leaflet which has the store details. Please let me know if this is the one - I couldn't see any others which seemed to match your description.

pic1.jpg.bb657f6d2dab4cc799f57689b7cce3d8.jpg

pic2.jpg.3aca1b09a3ea0b3074712d6c1e64b47d.jpg

Oh my goodness you all found it!!!!I can't believe you found it! I also can't express my appreciation to you both (really to all who tried!)

EV2008- I look all the time and can't believe I missed your post. I just saw it today and yes,that is the artist! Thank you for your help!

Bobal--I'm so glad your trip was wonderful! Yes,yes,yes!!! You really found it!I can't believe how nice you were to take and post the pics of the store!

I would love any information about contacting this store that you both have! My email address is IAMBOO4@YAHOO.COM

Really, thank you again

Welcome Home Bobal!

Kade

• 10 months later...
Oh my goodness you all found it!!!!I can't believe you found it! I also can't express my appreciation to you both (really to all who tried!)

EV2008- I look all the time and can't believe I missed your post. I just saw it today and yes,that is the artist! Thank you for your help!

Bobal--I'm so glad your trip was wonderful! Yes,yes,yes!!! You really found it!I can't believe how nice you were to take and post the pics of the store!

I would love any information about contacting this store that you both have! My email address is IAMBOO4@YAHOO.COM

Really, thank you again

Welcome Home Bobal!

Kade

We just got back from greece and also purchased items from Hermes store. I was trying to reach them because i had not received the items we purchased yet. If you have any info on how to contact them. I had left a message on email as well as phone today. My email address is bseltzer4@verizon.net . Thank you in advance

• 4 months later...

I am recently back from Mykonos and purchased a platter from this store. Thought I had kept the store details but managed to lose them in the next 4 weeks of travel. Just wondering if you still have the store details could I please also get a copy. Thanks

Archived