Celebrity Or RC cruisetour?

calliesocks

My friend and I are doing a cruisetour in August 2010 and we are trying to decide between Celibrity and RC. Both are the same tours with the price on Celibrity being just a bit more. Neither of us have every cruised with Celibrity before but we have with RC. I was just wondering if there is enough on the Cel ship to keep us busy - when we were on RC ship we did the minature golf and my friend did the rock climbing wall quite a few times. I was just wondering if the Millie has things to do on it?

Would be grateful for any and all advice. Thanks.:confused:

Just returned from Tour #21 on the Radiance. RCCL did a GREAT job. Seamless from time we got off ship until we flew home. We liked this tour because it included wildlife in Seward, on the way to Anchorage, in Denali and even in Fairbanks. Haven't done a Celebrity cruisetour but the buses were marked as Royal Celebrity so imagine they are probably the same. Can't say why cost would be different though.

More important with your cruisetour choice, is to do your homework and Understand EVERYTHING about what you are purchasing, most people do not. Are you really going to Alaska for the "ship"??? Some people sailing Alaska give a priority to what is outside the ship- ports, time in ports, glacier, route, etc etc If indeed it is the ship that is your priority, then read up on activities usually available, then decide. IF rock climbing and mini gulf are the priority, I would suggest you might want to save your money and take a Caribbean cruise. "Deck" activities are extremely "quiet" on Alaska sailings.

No I am not going to Alaska for the ship but I would like to enjoy the ship that I will be on for 7 days!!! I am trying to do my homework - that is why I am asking for advice and opinions this. I know I will love and enjoy the scenery all around but I think I will need something other than seeing the sites on sea days. We are not into bingo or those type of things. I was just wondering if there were things to do on the Celibrity ship. And no, I don't need to take a Caribbean cruise since I have already been on 6 of them..

Any helpful advice would be appreciated:)

No I am not going to Alaska for the ship but I would like to enjoy the ship that I will be on for 7 days!!! I am trying to do my homework - that is why I am asking for advice and opinions this. I know I will love and enjoy the scenery all around but I think I will need something other than seeing the sites on sea days. We are not into bingo or those type of things. I was just wondering if there were things to do on the Celibrity ship. And no, I don't need to take a Caribbean cruise since I have already been on 6 of them..

Any helpful advice would be appreciated:)

You would get your specific ship information, if you go to the roll calls, and request of recent past cruisers, what ship activities were available. Maybe someone has even saved the nightly news letters. Look at the ship reviews also, some posters have contact information.

Fortunately, Alaska cruises don't have a lot of "sea days", usually just 2. And if of interest, having a forward view, can offer you hours of scenic sailing, add a good pair of binoculars for closer views. Especially out of/into Vancouver, transits beautiful Vancouver Island with some very close up shore lines. Hopefully you can fill them with your priority activities.

Hi Callie,

We sailed on Millie in the Medit. and she is a fabulous ship. However, we did choose Radiance for Alaska because we have a group with 5 families with 11 mostly teenage kids and thought that RCI might be a little more family-friendly for Alaska. If I were sailing without kids, I would definitely sail with Celebrity on the Millie due to the excellent food and more adult atmosphere.

I think that you'll find much the same types of activities on the RCI and Celebrity ships on the two sea days -- bingo, wildlife or nature lectures, movies, shopping, art show, spa, exercise etc. RCI will have the rock wall and mini golf, but frankly if the weather is breezy and in the 60's I'm not sure I'd do much of it anyway. I think I'll be delighted to have a great work-out, a sauna, lunch, maybe enjoy some musical performance and then find a deck chair in the solarium and dig into my book...then cocktail hour : )

We're doing the Alaskan interior on our own for 6 days prior to boarding the Radiance, so I cannot speak to the differences on the Cruisetours.

Happy planning!

Lynne

Archived