Captains Club level qualifications.

clivep

I know that your level depends entirely on how many cruises you've taken but I am now confused over the number of credits required for each level as there seems to be a discrepancy between the information given on the UK and US sites.

The UK site states:

Classic Level Benefits* Classic (1-5 completed cruise credits)

Select Member Benefits* Select (6-10 completed cruise credits)

Elite Member Benefits Elite (11+ completed cruise credits)

The US site states:

Classic Level Benefits* (After your 1st earned cruise credit)

Select Member Benefits (After 5 earned cruise credits)

Elite Member Benefits (After 10 earned cruise credits)

So if I have completed 10 cruise credits then what would my level be on my next cruise? My reading of the above information from the UK site would say that I would still be at the Select level but according to the US site I would have moved on to Elite.

I think they both say the same thing. The UK shows 6-10 completed as Select meaning that Elite begins on the 11th. I think the UK site just wasn't making itself very clear. The same numbers are true for the US site so if your next is your 11th cruise you should be Elite.

Think there may be a difference in American and British English-

but they say the same thing. If you have 10 completed credits, you will be Elite.

As a Brit it is the British English one I am having trouble with.

I think they both say the same thing. The UK shows 6-10 completed as Select meaning that Elite begins on the 11th. I think the UK site just wasn't making itself very clear. The same numbers are true for the US site so if your next is your 11th cruise you should be Elite.

Surely the UK shows Elite when you have COMPLETED 11 credits i.e when you are on your 12th cruise as you cannot get your 11th credit until you have completed (not booked) your 11th cruise.

From your own posting you show Select to be 6 through 10 cruises completed. So I guess number 11 must be in limbo somewhere. As I said it must be a mistake in wording. You become Select on your 6th cruise and Elite on your 11th. I'm sure the requirements are universally the same. Whoever wrote the explanation for the UK did a poor job of presenting the requirements.

From your own posting you show Select to be 6 through 10 cruises completed. So I guess number 11 must be in limbo somewhere. As I said it must be a mistake in wording. You become Select on your 6th cruise and Elite on your 11th. I'm sure the requirements are universally the same. Whoever wrote the explanation for the UK did a poor job of presenting the requirements.

My first thought was that clivep had it wrong but after reading the UK version more carefully I also think it is out of line with the US on most levels.

Classic entry is probably OK, however Select seems to say you have to have 6 completed cruise credits before you qualify, and Elite similarly says you need 11.

I suspect it is supposed to mean the same but again UK educational (sub)standards prevail and we end up with a less than clear definition.

Some of ths posts describe the points/credits as counting 'cruises', its Cruise Credits and you get points for more than just cruises.

*Cruise Credits are calculated by:

1 cruise credit per sailing

1 additional cruise credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more

1 additional cruise credit for booking a AquaClass stateroom, Concierge Class stateroom or Suite. (AquaClass available on Solstice Class only)

(maximum of 3 cruise credits per sailing)

To confuse the issue even more, my calculations showed I had 10 points before my last cruise on Infinity (got 3 pts on that cruise; sailing - 14-days - Concierge), but when got aboard, they assigned us as Elite. I didn't argue!! I'd understood and other threads (and Celebrity website) have stated you earn the credits after you've completed the cruise.

Denny

You said you had ten points before your last cruise. If so, you already had enough for Elite.

See how easily you can be confused? I'd thought it was 11 and more points to be Elite. The webstie says very clearly (apparently not enough for me!) that you are Elite after your 10 earned cruise credits!!

So much for Mr Know-it-All!

Denny

Archived