Hole In the Floor?

SeaBlue1978

We LOVED the hole in the floor on Summit. Our nightly ritual was to sit along the railing, enjoy a martini, and watch the dancers below--something we really looked forward to!

DITTO! Our point exactly. We never heard Karaoke while in those venues.

Hi Anne Maria

They have another band on Infinity just for the Martini crowd..

Thanks Arno.

So does that mean Infinity has to have "extra" entertainers on-board to staff the Martini Bar?

Probably wasn't worth filing in the hole. I hope they do not repeat this on there other M Class ships.

Anne Maria

OK, we WERE looking at taking that Conne cruise that's being offered by the "au naturale" crowd, so how will Celebrity handle this? Is the ship going to be totally chartered by this group? I just don't see how you can have your regular passengers and then a group of nudists. If one is to believe their literature, they are given full run of the ship, so I really can't understand how they can book passengers who are not a part of this group. Oh well, we'll be looking at other cruises now. Don't at all want to be part of the "see a weenie here and a boobie there" group. But Battle of the Sexes Trivia could be interesting. I just hope they bring towels to sit on in the Rendevous Lounge.

Thanks Arno.

So does that mean Infinity has to have "extra" entertainers on-board to staff the Martini Bar?

Yes they do have an extra Jazz group on board. When we were on Infinity in March it was also the location where we had the opportunity to dance the Argentinian (with a northern interpretation) Tango after lessons from the Pampas Devils. I think it's great to have choice because musical tastes are so varied.

OK, we WERE looking at taking that Conne cruise that's being offered by the "au naturale" crowd, so how will Celebrity handle this? Is the ship going to be totally chartered by this group?

Finally, the naked truth about nude cruises

from

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/04/02/TRGULI00ER1.DTL

Want to get nude on a cruise? Click here

from

http://blogs.usatoday.com/cruiselog/2007/12/nudity-on-cruis.html

Thanks for that info...now I appreciate the name.

As far as LWH is concerned..if you know anything about Scotland at all , you'll know already they talk about the heather that grows all over the highlands...the purple variety.

In Ireland... if you find a 4 leaved clover instead of a 3 leaved one you consider that to be lucky...Scotland has the same thing with heather... white heather is supposed to be more rare, so if you find any you are termed "lucky".

We live 10 miles south of the capital city...which is why I was absolutely honest when I said "near" Edinburgh..note the correct spelling please!

Do I know ANYTHING about Scotland (costs and spelling aside)!!! You've given up too much ALREADY!! (I can see you waving on GoogleEarth!) Import me an American Quarter Horse, ride down your 'burgh' with a lariot, and spirit you over the heath to Borthwick Castle I will. I KNOW your neighborhood! Lucky is right, White Heather!! I'll have you in that tower with buttered croissants and saddle sores 'till 'ya break! You'll be booking the 3/13/10 Constellation cruise for relief! Lucky Day!! A friend in need is a friend indeed! :D;):D

But what's with the bizarre cattle that look like Chewbacca from Star Wars?! Maybe I'll bring some of those back for the local rodeo!! They'll get a few laughs before they drop dead from the heat! But you'll be fine, my tartan clad little tenderloin, I can tell you can love the heather AND the heat! :D:D

So - in sum, when you taken me to Borthwick?

Yes, the entire ship is chartered. That sail day is on my 60th birthday and we were trying to find a cruise on the west coast that left on that day. I asked a Celebrity travel planner about the Constellation's schedule and was told it was a full charter, but they wouldn't say to whom. Sood thing, because we wouldn't be comfortable on that kind of a cruise.

Such a cruise must be awkward for the crew. I wonder if they have to work on that cruise, or can they swap with another ship if they are uncomfortable.

And how many formal nights does such a cruise have, anyway? Not too many pin-on corsages sold on those nights, I betcha!

And I wouldn't be caught dead sailing on the NEXT cruise after that one.:eek::(...unless there is an extra day in the turnaround to effect a proper re-sanitisation of the entire public areas....just imagine what public chairs, stools, pool chairs and elevator walls, to name a few, have been in '' touch '' with for 14 days !!!!! Of course, same applies to non-bedding areas in each stateroom....

Cheers:rolleyes:

Do I know ANYTHING about Scotland (costs and spelling aside)!!! You've given up too much ALREADY!! (I can see you waving on GoogleEarth!) Import me an American Quarter Horse, ride down your 'burgh' with a lariot, and spirit you over the heath to Borthwick Castle I will. I KNOW your neighborhood! Lucky is right, White Heather!! I'll have you in that tower with buttered croissants and saddle sores 'till 'ya break! You'll be booking the 3/13/10 Constellation cruise for relief! Lucky Day!! A friend in need is a friend indeed! :D;):D

But what's with the bizarre cattle that look like Chewbacca from Star Wars?! Maybe I'll bring some of those back for the local rodeo!! They'll get a few laughs before they drop dead from the heat! But you'll be fine, my tartan clad little tenderloin, I can tell you can love the heather AND the heat! :D:D

So - in sum, when you taken me to Borthwick?

I appreciate the invite Woodofpine but don't want to clog up the thread off topic ... I know Borthwick and the castle there quite well BTW...I lived locally there in my childhood.It is now a VERY expensive hotel and was recently up for sale..so if you have millions to spare?

I appreciate the invite Woodofpine but don't want to clog up the thread off topic ...

Well butter me scones and call me haggis!! What with the carrying on over naked cruising LWH, I doubt we can further corrupt this little thread. But TOGETHER we can TRY! ;):D;)

At least the good X community here has kept the thread 'focused' on the virtues (and problems) of Holes... Perhaps not 'tightly focused', but that's what a wealth of experience brings to the topic! ;)

You and I ought to just saddle up and leave 'em in the dust! :)

Archived