Another Alcohol Thread! - Beer from a port

RBAlbany

Is there a problem with bringing beer on board bought at a port? This is for consumption on the ship; not to be stored. I don't want to hide it or sneek it!

Every ship does this randomly.

You may never see a table set up at the gangway or you may see one at every port.

The key is to be descreet. ;)

After visiting an Alaskan brewery last summer, my daughter brought a growler on board in her backpack. We also had several bottles in my husband's backpack. No problems, but you never know. We just hope for the best when we do it.

I think it depends a lot on the ship. When we were in Mexico on the Dawn we bought beer in P.V. and walked right past the security desk with beer in hand. There were two young men sitting at the desk but they did not appear to be examining items brought back on ship too closely. Last year in Alaska on the Coral, however, they ran all of our items through a scanner as we came back onboard. We did not buy any alcohol in Alaska so I am not sure what would have happened had we tried to bring anything onboard.

We have always bought local brews and never been questioned except once 2 years ago reboarding The Grand Princess in Roatan. We set a 12 pack of Port Royal on the scanner and security asked, "What cabin are you in"? I answered and with a big smile he said we wanted to know where to come for one of those later.

Mike:)

When we cruised the Mexican Riviera a few years ago. In Acapulco my husband and I each put six beers in our backpack and put them through the scanner, we went through with no problem. My freind and her husband had a 12 pack in the box they carried on the ship and they kept it until the las night of the cruise. We all boarded together.

When we cruised the Mexican Riviera a few years ago. In Acapulco my husband and I each put six beers in our backpack and put them through the scanner, we went through with no problem. My freind and her husband had a 12 pack in the box they carried on the ship and they kept it until the las night of the cruise. We all boarded together.

Was this on a Princess ship?

We have never hid ours, just placed it on the scanner belt with everything else.

Have never had a problem with Princess...have had it looked at by security in my carryon and have had it go thru the scanners in carryon. I would suggest that you restrict it to a six pack or so and not try to bring aboard enough that will delay the tide by an hour.

Was this on a Princess ship?

We have never hid ours, just placed it on the scanner belt with everything else.

Yes it was the Dawn Princess in December of '06. Like I said what we had in backpacks no problem, but the case they had was taken until the last night.

I try to purchase local beer in every port

We carry it onboard in plastic bags, princess bags, whatever.

We have never been questioned and the beer has never

been taken by Princess.

However, we never bring more than a six pack aboard.

So -- maybe larger quantities would be a problem?

Archived