Taxis Service to Civitevecchia

Cruise Arizona

OK, I have a question. I know Civitevecchia is quite a way from down town Rome. Most of the private shuttle services charge 110 Euros to 200 euros for 2-4 people coming from the City Center of Rome to the cruise port.

According to the World Taxi Meter web site which just calculates fares based on time and distance, the fare would be about 70 euros, plus 1.04 euros per luggage.

So as a family of 4, that sounds like it would be a much easier way to go as long as we can get a mini-van taxi either by hailing one or calling for one.

So that is my questions, will a Taxi Cab take you to the cruise port, or will they not want to travel so far.

In Barcelona, the distance from the airport to the city center, and from the city center to the port is very short, but in both cases it was very easy as we just got a mini van taxi at the airport and phoned for one to pick us up at our rental apartment.

OK, I have a question. I know Civitevecchia is quite a way from down town Rome. Most of the private shuttle services charge 110 Euros to 200 euros for 2-4 people coming from the City Center of Rome to the cruise port.

According to the World Taxi Meter web site which just calculates fares based on time and distance, the fare would be about 70 euros, plus 1.04 euros per luggage.

So as a family of 4, that sounds like it would be a much easier way to go as long as we can get a mini-van taxi either by hailing one or calling for one.

So that is my questions, will a Taxi Cab take you to the cruise port, or will they not want to travel so far.

In Barcelona, the distance from the airport to the city center, and from the city center to the port is very short, but in both cases it was very easy as we just got a mini van taxi at the airport and phoned for one to pick us up at our rental apartment.

I would suggest asking this in the Western Europe thread, but another option is take the train from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia, it's 9euro. From the train station it's a few block walk to the port entrance where there is a shuttle to the cruise check in.

I have read a lot on CC about RomeCabs. I would look into that. Everyone seems to swear by them and how convenient and trustworthy they are. (I have never done this). I am going to need what you are describing next year and this has been what I have found via nosing around on the cite.

We just returned from this trip. We arranged in advance for a private taxi service. Big mistake. Once we realized how easy it is to take the train, we realized we had just wasted a lot of money. There is a bus shuttle out of the port (basically out of the gate and into the town). There it is a 5-10 minute walk to the train.

Taxis are at port for those who want to use that tranportation. Just make sure you know the cost before you get in.

We have taken a taxi from the airport to the port in the past. About 45 min drive. Not cheap but well worth it if you have a lot of luggage.

We have arranged thru our TA, a private car service RT for our Equinox cruise. We decided to do so because then we don't need to worry about meeting our flight connections on our return, again we will have a lot of luggage and we are not young, i.e., in our mid 60s/70s. The costs is worth the peace of mind and comfort after a long flight from California.

Sometimes is best to save on wear and tear to the body. :)

The train...Its fun, cultural, and cheap......you get off about 1/4 mile or less form the port entrance where a shuttle bus runs frequently to the ship....lots of restaurants, shops, and beautiful views along the way....Maybe stop in a cafe for a cappachino before you go to the ship? we did!

Dave:eek:

For those who took the train, how much luggage did you have? I would think anything over one suitcase and one carry-on per person the train would be a real hassle.

My wife and I took the train. She carried a medium-large suitcase and I carried the same size suitcase, 20" carry-on, and a backpack. Out total cost was 22 euros each way. We paid for first-class tickets. Be advised that you will have to negotiate a flight of stairs at the station in Civitavecchia. It was not too bad. It took a couple of trips up/down the stairs to haul both my wife's and my bags. If you are staying close to the central station in Roma it is very easy.

Duane

Suzanne - Do check out Romecabs. We are using them in November and made arrangements for our daughter last week to be picked up from the airport to get into Rome. Everything went exactly as it was supposed to.

Archived