Europe 2006

FSUSammy

We booked the same week they came out with the schedules for 2005 and that was in either late April or early May of this year. So my best guess is that they publish their schedules about a year before the first European cruise of the next year's season.

• 2 months later...

Europe 2006 schedules are out. Grand, Star, Golden and Sea are the ships. Seems to be similar to 2005. Grand is in the Med, Star is in the Baltic, Golden is doing Western Europe, Greek Isles, and the Capitals sailings and Sea is doing the 14 night Fjords and Western Europe /Med roundtrip Southampton sailings. Great schedules, however, I think it would be nice to visit a few different places. How about a 10 or 12 night Western Med cruise that hits some different places like Malta, Sicily, Palma, Portofino, Marseille, St Tropez, etc., throughout the summer. I realize the Grand Class ships may be too big for a place like Portofino, but the Sea would work well. So much of it is the usual Barcelona, Livorno, Monte Carlo, Naples, Kusadasi, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked Oct 7th and Oct 19th--2006--Grand Princess B2B Mediterranean and TransAtlantic directly with Princess. I had to tell them that the pricing was already available through a couple of Travel Agencies and they had to look for a long time before they believed me. But, at least I got a hold on the stateroom we wanted. Oh, the itineraries are totally different from what they are in 2005.

Susan - Did you not read my post?? Sorry I did not make it clear... We booked the Sea Princess Sept. 2 - Southampton to Quebec - TransAtlantic...16 Days - it's a very interesting itinerary with some new Ports. We have to be home before Sept. 22 or we would have continued b2b through New England. I wanted the Cat. AB on Caribe deck, Portside, hence the very early booking! Got It! :D

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

http://leisure.travelocity.com/Vacations/Cruise/Finder/Results/1,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html

For example, May 2006 lists three Princess med cruises, Grand Med Venice to Barcelona and Grand Med Barcelona to Venice and the Rome to Venice cruise that someone had asked me about. Prices and special savings also listed.

tracey

Susan and Host Caroline:

I don't see the transatlantic cruises for fall 2006 on Travelocity. The last sailing for the Sea Princess on Travelocity is a 14-night Western Europe (London Round-Trip) from August 19 - September 2, 2006. You might have to call Princess for more information or else just wait a bit longer for it to be released.

The rest of the regular 2006 European season (Sea, Grand, Star Princesses) seems to be there, though.

Happy cruising!

Itinerary - Sept. 2 - Sea Princess

Southampton, At Sea, Bergen, Lerwick, Torshaven, At Sea, Akureyri, Isafjordur, Reykjavik, At Sea, Nanortalik, At Sea, St. Johns, NF, At Sea, Sydney, At Sea, Quebec

GotToCruise (aka Renee)

My TA got our group booked on the Golden Med/Greek Isle Cruise on September 23, 2006 this morning. We grabbed the 2 AFT BB Balconies on the Caribe Deck. I am so excited - this will be our first trip to Europe!

Renee,

Thanks for the information - I finally was able to find the fall cruises on Travelocity, but the transatlantic cruises aren't listed yet. The ports sound great on the Sea, but I'll have to check the weather for that time of year - we like warm weather cruises and I have a feeling it will be quite chilly in some of the ports. I love the idea of ending in Quebec - we could stay a few days - fantastic city. Enjoy all your cruises.

Susan

Thank you so much for posting the itinerary for Sea Princess -- it looks wonderful but then I love "off the beaten path ports."... Only problem could be the very dicey north Atlantic weather that time of year!

Re booking early. If you are flexible and don't care what kind of cabin you have there are always some bargains to be had in late winter/early spring for Europe (depending on where you want to go and cruise line)... but you just can't have your heart set on a specific ship or cabin... you also have to be able to get to a major gateway to get airfare at a decent rate although I have had good luck with some consolidators and an online site that specializes in airfare. You do have to pay to join but the savings generally make that a "nonfactor" anyway especially if you fly 2-3 times a year or go to Europe, Hawaii etc.

I too am watching for their posting of their exotic cruises for 2006. Princess has told me that it will be posted in late April. I am on the Pacific Princess this summer from Bangkok to Cape Town to Sydney. I am looking at HALs Princendam Athens to Lisbon to Cape Town in Oct of 2006. Princess would be a lot cheaper though.

My TA got our group booked on the Golden Med/Greek Isle Cruise on September 23, 2006 this morning. We grabbed the 2 AFT BB Balconies on the Caribe Deck. I am so excited - this will be our first trip to Europe!

Congrats! I nabbed one of the aft BB balconies on Caribe Deck on the Star Princess June 4, 2006. Those rooms are highly coveted!

Archived