Rome Hotel Central Location

lilcheg

Hello everyone.

I know there have been a few posts about Hotels in Rome but in trying to search them I got myself confused. we are going on our first cruise ever next year and want to spend a few days in Rome afterwards.

We are wanting to stay in the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, spanish steps area. We also would like to stay under 180 Euro a night.

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Everyone has their favorite...... my best advice is to go to venere.com

This website is very good in that you can put in all the criteria you want and it will find hotels within that group.

So put in the areas you would like, the price range and see what comes up.

then....go to Tripadvisor.com and read the reviews for the hotels that look good to you.

then.... come back here and do a "search" with the hotel names you have narrowed down to and read read read :D

sounds like a lot of work but it is a fool-proof system !

*** remember that hotel prices will vary depending on when you are going to be there. And I mean vary ALOT so 180 euros in one season will go way up in another (or down)

We have stayed at Hotel Mozart (Spanish steps area) and Albergo del Senato (Pantheon) and would highly recommend either. Depends on your $$$.

• 3 weeks later...

Kelly, Check out the internet for "pensions" in Rome. They are usually modest, affordable places, and can be very pleasant. Often they are in very old former grand houses when located in the historic districts. This does not mean that they still are grand. Some are better than others. The one we stayed at I will not name, as We were not very impressed with it, but it was in the Pantheon area and the location was great! I like staying in such places, but due to my husbads 1st experience, LAST YEAR, we are this year staying at JOLLY HOTEL ROGER. If YOU CONSIDER A Pensione they are usually walk-ups, and if your room is on 2nd floor, that means you are on 3rd floor, as they do not call street level 1st floor. We had to tote our own luggage up and down. No elevator!The cost of a room usually includes some sort of a breakfast. At ours it was not much, - not what I'd experienced in years past. Others on our ship talked of being better fed. But hey, It was something to get us going. When you walk about you will see bakeries. STOP! Italy makes pastries of quality not found in the USA. I was delighted to find they made German Apple Strudle, and treated myself to that for a walking breakfast.

I hope this information is helpful.

I went to venere.com and entered some random dates in early May (based on your signature I assume that's when you'll be aiming to stay in Rome...) along with some central locations and your price range.

One of the hotels that came up is one that I frequently recommend: the Albergo Cesari. It's listed as 185 euro per night for a regular double. The location is excellent and the hotel itself went through a major renovation a couple of years ago. It has a nice rooftop breakfast area.

Here's a link:

http://www.venere.com/hotels/rome/hotel-cesari/?sd=06&sm=05&sy=2010&ed=08&em=05&ey=2010&rval=1&pval=2#information;swa20100506,20100508,2,1

Another hint: if you contact the hotel yourself, you may be able to get a cheaper rate.

You didn't say if the hotel is for just you, or others in your group also.

Ever consider renting an apartment? Even for 2 you can get a reasonable priced apartment, and get more space than an hotel room, and even cook a meal or 2.

I love this site for looking, they have lots of photo's of apartments from different areas and prices. You can check out the exact location by entering in the address on google maps or google earth.

Here are some in Trevi fountian area: but they list more by area..

http://www.rentalinrome.com/trevifountainapartments.htm

Archived