Guarantee with 2 rooms

Jareen

Need advise from the experts here. We are going to Alaska with a 13 and 16 year old. It's pretty much the same cost to go with 2 insides (MM) vs an outside so we decided to go for the inside to give everyone more room. My question is do they separate families if we just book two guarantees? Since we are looking at the lowest catagory at first glance it doesn't seem like we have anything to lose but my concern is that they put us in cabins way far apart. Anyone have any experience in this? Thanks!

you book a guarantee, you have no control in what room you may end up in, therefore, it is possible you could be separated. Is there a reason you do not want to choose your rooms? Unfortunately, Holland is not like some other lines,imo, as far as upgrading...I think Holland rarely does. You are going to love your Alaska cruise. I cruised Alaska on HAL in August and it was FABULOUS. If I were you, I would choose the two rooms now, but that is just me.

Marie

I have traveled with family and done guarantees on them as well. Many times I have gotten an outside upgrade and on all but one of these times we ended up with the rooms around the ship. One time they gave us 3 rooms together. With a guarantee there is no guarantee what you will get. This last cruise I booked a veranda guarantee and the room I was given was not as good as the level I had a guarantee with. It was a upgrade in their view but not as good as the level I had paid for in my view. Some times you will win and sometimes you will not. If it was me and you can deal with the rooms being all over then a guarantee may help you out and you may end up with an outside. You never can tell. I really enjoyed Alaska. It was the best cruse I have been on. Hope you enjoy!

PS: I would be sure to ask them to keep you together and maybe they will. The other family members we were with each had an adult in each cabin so that may have made a diffrence with them pulling us apart.

Archived